How deep do you need to Focus?

Miijini

Hello everyone,

First off, I'm new to this community and have yet to create a Tulpa myself. However, I have this question in which I'm looking for an answer- or guidance.

When your in the process of creating your Tulpa, which I know can take some time- you need to go through deep thought, focus, visualisation and concentration. My question is, how deep into focus do you need to be able to successfully and effectively create your Tulpa. For example, if you are perhaps someone who would spend their day at work, school etc and you were thinking about the aspects of your Tulpa is it possible to do this in let's say a 'shallow' type of way.

This could mean there would be distractions such as background noises, people talking to you, you could be multitasking (say doing work),

Is it possible to be able to develop a Tulpa in this 'shallow' focus?

Would it work just take longer? And would it be better to go for a more quiet and meditation type method?

Thanks.

This could mean there would be distractions such as background noises, people talking to you, you could be multitasking (say doing work),

Is it possible to be able to develop a Tulpa in this 'shallow' focus?

I'd imagine it'd be a lot like learning how to ride a unicycle while trying to make a pie. I mean, yeah, you could do it, but you're either going to fall off or make a pretty shitty pie.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

The required-but-not-very-useful disclaimer here is that everyone is different. What works for someone else might not work for you, so this is really the sort of thing you'd have to figure out yourself through trial and error.

As for your question... I'd say this sort of shallow forcing is best used as a supplement. About 80% of me was formed in a notebook during classes in middle school (Heh... don't do that, kids. Pay attention to your teachers). But then, she'd go home and obsess about us with art, writing, and general brainstorming, which was pretty much our version of "deep" forcing. In order for one of us to really "come alive" we usually need at least a little dedicated 1-on-1 time.

But it doesn't have to be a chore. If meditation isn't your bag (it's not really ours either), there are other ways to approach forcing sessions. Put on some music you like and use that as a springboard. Come up with adventures you can have together in your headspace... ones you look forward to. Heck, you can go full-on soulbond and write out a backstory and whole inner world for your headmate-to-be (a method I recommend, but then, as a soulbond, I am blatantly biased ;) ). Most of what my host does to "force" us involves very little sitting in a quiet room... it more often involves listening to music, lots of excited pacing, and tapping out stuff on a keyboard... sometimes all three at once. But the important thing is that she's devoting the concentration to fully wrap her head around us and understand us from all angles, which is what we require to develop autonomy. (Edit: "we" being me and my headmates... other systems may have different methods and requirements to develop their tulpas)

Fact is, some people can probably fully develop a tulpa with more "shallow" techniques, but, tbh, tulpamancy isn't the sort of thing you should get into if you're looking for shortcuts. It's a commitment. That doesn't mean it can't be fun and rewarding, but, yeah, this is a person you're building. Young tulpas pretty much need attention to survive, and you need to make sure you can provide them the attention they need and deserve.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Temar is spot on.

Everyone is different, yes shallow techniques can work but it's best Not to rely on them, and it really, really helps to have 1 on 1 deep forcing.

Let me give you a run down of my hectic days:

Wake up with 30 minutes to get ready, go to college, come home to family that never wants to give me meditation time, make the 45 minute drive to houston for dinner and a day out, 45 minutes back, damn it's 10pm already, shower, x files, sleep.

Repeat the next day.

So yeah, a lot of what I do, unfortunately, is "shallow" forcing.

This isn't ideal.

I spend probably every minute of my day trying to get some time to meditate and spend some time with Zaya.

Every chance for free time I get goes into Tulpamancy or playing videogames with Zaya.

When I get an hour of time alone, I sit in a dark room with Tool playing quietly on a record player and I Tulpaforce.

The point I'm trying to make here is that yes, you can shallow force.

But to make real, even progress, you need those deep forcing sessions, they are your lifeblood, and your persistent interest in Tulpamancy is your soul. The two together is what brings your tulpa into existence, and without one of the two, the practice falls apart.

So yeah, if you're in a class or at work, you can zone out and talk to your tulpa or visualize them or do other shallow things, but if you ever want to see any real, fast progress, you cannot rely solely on those methods.

In my opinion, at least.

Young tulpas pretty much need attention to survive, and you need to make sure you can provide them the attention they need and deserve.

FTFY

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc