Possibly Writing a Book! Help with questions please!

Sake Loup

@Brassow

Just because something is LEGAL does NOT make it right. Smoking pot for instance is legal, but it's not right. It's also perfectly legal to be predjudice, but that CERTAINLY is not right. It's legal to kick your adult child out on to the street and disown them for being trans or gay but that's not ok either. And in some countries it's legal to beat your wife, but that does not by any means or circumstance EVER make it ok.

@Drakaina

Yeah... tumblr used to be great but it's gone far downhill. I have never even been on wordpress but I'll try it out! Do many people use it? o3o

Soulbonder: Sake (rhymes with cake) - 21 - Genderfluid (he/him or she/her)

Soulbond: Alex - 5 - Male (he/him) - Vampire

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I see nothing wrong with smoking pot. At least in the United States, there are many cases where prejudice is illegal.

Laws, in an ideal world, represent society's agreements on what things are right and wrong in a very clear way. This is very important because, as we've just seen, people can disagree significantly.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

@Drakaina

Yeah... tumblr used to be great but it's gone far downhill. I have never even been on wordpress but I'll try it out! Do many people use it? o3o

It's one of the top two blogging sites on the internet, so yeah quite a few people use it. I don't remember who owns WordPress but it and Blogger (which is run by Google if I recall) are the two most powerful. If you want to get super fancy WordPress can he used as a base code which you can use on a domain you own, like a regular website. Or you can be cheap like me and host through them. ^^;

You can see a pretty basic example on my blog. It allows for a mix of posts and static pages. I believe you can make the main navigation links go to whole other sites as well. It can be a little overwhelming when you first see the back end tools, but there are lots of guided online to help you. :3

My stance on freedom of speech is pretty simple. You may be allowed to say it, but that doesn't mean you should say it. Use that big evolved monkey brain before opening your noise hole. Active prejudice like harm or hiring choice may be illegal but as Westboro has shown us many times in the past you can pretty much call anyone whatever you want and as long as it's just words it'll be protected under freedom of speech.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

@Drakaina

Ok! Awesome, thanks! I'll poke around and play with it a bit~

My stance on freedom of speech is pretty simple. You may be allowed to say it, but that doesn't mean you should say it. Use that big evolved monkey brain before opening your noise hole. Active prejudice like harm or hiring choice may be illegal but as Westboro has shown us many times in the past you can pretty much call anyone whatever you want and as long as it's just words it'll be protected under freedom of speech.

Also, yes, THIS, this exactly. T h a n k y o u~

Just because something is LEGAL does NOT make it right.

Sure, but that's the whole point of congress. To make fair laws for the people.

It's legal to kick your adult child out on to the street and disown them for being trans or gay but that's not ok either.

It's legal for any parent to kick out their adult child, don't drag sexuality into this.

And in some countries it's legal to beat your wife, but that does not by any means or circumstance EVER make it ok.

I cited a document from the United States.

Don't drag third world countries into this either.

I personally don't give a shit if you're gay, bi, trans, or sexually identify as a DP-28.

What I DO mind is when people can't listen to other opinions or properly back up their own.

If you are allowed to share your opinions, others can too, no matter how unpopular.

Some countries (Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China, etc.) legally prevented this.

It doesn't make it right does it?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

@Brassow

Except that congress doesn't always make things fair.

I brought up sexuality because it's wrong to kick a child out for something they can't help, as opposed to say for throwing a party without permission where they wreck the house because they're being a disrespectful brat.

Why not? Are you implying that only the USA has rules that are right? Or that the USA is superior to other countries?

I wasn't the one who didn't listen anyone's opinion. I just got mad when everyone decided to gang up on me because I didn't agree with said opinions. Even if that wasn't anyone's intent it still felt like it. Which is the exact reason you shouldn't always voice what you think. EDIT: Another lovely example of that can now be found in my last paragraph. >.>

You can't back up an opinion, that's why it's an opinion and not a fact.

Yeah again you CAN but you really SHOULDN'T use that as an excuse to rudely force your opinions on others. Or to say something hurtful around someone who wasn't trying to start a debate in the first place.

I never said it did, did I? I never said making it illegal made it right either. I just said just because you can doesn't make it ok. You should fully have the right to express yourself, HOWEVER, only when and where it doesn't hurt or bother someone else. Because if you have the right to say something, that also means I have the right to not listen to you.

And once more I'm going to point out that this topic should not have turned into a debate about what's right and wrong. I asked about a book, none of this nonsense (including my own of course) was needed. Everyone trying to tell me how wrong I am is needless, kinda rude, and very uninteligent if you find that you simply have to comment on the discussion between two users in the topic who did not include you instead of the topic itself.

EDIT: I really need to stop posting when I'm upset...

kinda rude, and very unintelligent

Damnit, you were doing so good with that paragraph up until that point.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• 7 years later...
On 5/3/2016 at 11:30 AM, Sake Loup said:

Smoking pot for instance is legal, but it's not right. It's also perfectly legal to be predjudice, but that CERTAINLY is not right. It's legal to kick your adult child out on to the street and disown them for being trans or gay but that's not ok either. And in some countries it's legal to beat your wife, but that does not by any means or circumstance EVER make it ok.

None of this is legal or right over here actually.

Also I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but the thread OP themself said that they were sorry and wanted the topic to go back on track, then proceeded to assist in the topic getting off topic again. Another thing I would like to say is that while everyone makes fair points about things here, Sake needs to stop having a go at people for expressing their opinions (because ironically they are doing the same by reacting in the fashion they are), while not everyone may agree with each others sentiments it's better off if you just agree to disagree and stop sparing with each other verbally. If you don't like what they are saying, ignore them or something similar. I hate to say this but everyone here save for a few people reminded me of school children having a dispute over the best TV show or something.

Now to get back ON topic, if that's even possible, I personally think a book is a great idea, but you should probably also not only ask people here or indeed on other forums, but also look into researching similar books or documentations. Another thing I would consider: you seem to cover a lot of things at an expressive level, being how you interact with the outward world together, but have you considered things such as the inner world, how negative or positive mental events impact both you and Alex and how those impacts differ and so on.

Another idea would be to ask Alex themselves for their opinion on all of this, that is, if you haven't already.

To sum up:

Stop all the heated disputes and give some ideas. The thread OP doesn't have to like them, but they should at least respect them and if they don't what was the point of this even being made.

S: = Sasha

Aly: = Alyssu

Hada: = Hadayaki

Z: = Zakiel

A: = Alex

Zen: = Zen

Devin, you ought to check the dates of topics before you post in them. This topic is from 2016, 7 years ago. Whatever argument happened here is likely long forgotten by everyone.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

I am aware of this but still I have noticed people checking this topic as I lurk the online user list a lot so I did want to leave a message if it did come back or even if it didn't. I know it is a stupid and silly idea but it's just part of my personality I guess... sorry.

S: = Sasha

Aly: = Alyssu

Hada: = Hadayaki

Z: = Zakiel

A: = Alex

Zen: = Zen