• 2 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

confidence and non-conscious behaviours.docx

I may be posting less, but I am still alive and practicing.

Thanks to Holodoc- I have this very interesting scientific article I want to share. Be warned- it is a challenging read. I am drawn to it because I find it relates to my experience of Tulpamancy- and I am hopeful that those who have seniority in terms of practicing will also find it helpful. Specifically, I believe the correlates of this study help explain why the protocols for tulpamancy are effective- or even not effective, as there are those who have practice reporting no results.

I am going to try and articulate why I find correlation to my practice. I may be completely off, and so I am open to an argument against. First, my bias- much of the initial work in my practice was scaffolding and meditation. Essentially, I was building the necessary neural bridges and linking multiple brain areas, incorporating sound, visual, tactile- etc. My bias is, most of everything we do, learn, experiences happens first and foremost on an unconscious level. If nothing else, this article reinforces that- and I can link that concept to a dozen other sources, such as all my books on Milton Erikson. My initial lack of success was trying to force conscious experience prior to having done sufficient subconscious ground work to support higher 'conscious' functioning. I am not using 'higher' to suggest that conscious experience of any one thing is superior to unconscious functioning. In terms of daily 'heavy lifting,' the bulk of meta-cognition is clearly regulated by unconscious mechanisms, which gives us the luxury to experience the conscious domains we chose to focus on. I think an argument can be made that many of us don't always choose the area we 'focus' on, but rather that is given us. (In this sense, I would argue that tulpamancers in general are more likely to be able to choose their conscious focus than non practitioners due to practicing that very thing- where to focus and 'what' to experience.) For me, there is still a significant need to tune out of external sensory data to experience Loxy. This is very clear for me- as real world demands go up or my anxiety goes up, the degree of solidity of my experience declines. It has been rare that I have been fully engaged in an external activity requiring my attentiveness and having an auditory or visual experience. I am not really hearing this is true from other tulpamancers, except for one youtube video where the narrator discussed much of his learning process was learning to sort the nuanced flavors of responses available to him.

This article is full of meta-cognition and unconscious learning. I would argue that it is supportive of parallel processing, as it seems clear we can be holding a conscious experiences while simultaneously working on a problem subconsciously. I am not pulling direct quotes from this, or other sources, to try and justify that statement. Consider it a bias if you need to, it won't invalidate my correlative experience with this study. The study is about learning. Engaging tulpamancy is about learning- a serious study in learning to enhance experiential qualities of life through variance of associations and personalities. That alone is priceless, as may  explain why tulpamancers in general have substantially higher levels of empathy. Our very practice enhances our perception of other's perspective.

I hope this article is generally helpful. Wishing everyone well.

3 hours ago, solarchariot said:

confidence and non-conscious behaviours.docx 639.39 kB · 0 downloads

. Engaging tulpamancy is about learning- a serious study in learning to enhance experiential qualities of life through variance of associations and personalities. That alone is priceless, as may  explain why tulpamancers in general have substantially higher levels of empathy. Our very practice enhances our perception of other's perspective.

I hope this article is generally helpful. Wishing everyone well.

Very helpful, and yes, I totally agree with your conclusion, and I suspect that is what is behind the magic of our various results. We learn how to program our brains to recognize the other e.g. our tulpas as being inside of ourselves, and they in turn are imbued with the same capacity. This can also give perhaps some insight into the Jewish declaration Adonai Echad.   Dr. Bob