Reverse Visual Imposition - Any Tips?

Zaya

So let me preface by saying I'm using Fuliam's operational definition with "Reverse imposition"

Reverse imposition: The act of replacing one sensation with another, ex: Replacing the taste of tree bark with baby back ribs.

So with that out of the way, I want to explain that I specifically want to begin this process with Reverse VISUAL imposition. I know it will be difficult, but I have a serious tulpaforcing regimen in the works that will only really work if I get this down. It will be tough, but if I get this going, it will make our progress quicken by like 500%.

So what I'm trying to do is replace the sensation of my visual field, that is, what I see with my eyes open, with a simple black void.

Just darkness, and the chair I'm sitting in.

Nothing too complex, trying to impose my wonderland around me would be a lot of detail.

Now, I know what you're thinking.

This is basically just imposition, right? Why don't you just look up those guides?

Well, Jim, I did.

I looked and searched everywhere, even the /r/Tulpas subreddit, and couldn't come up with Jack.

Every guide on imposition, I mean every single one that's not Fuliam's guide is about imposing a tulpa on your surroundings, not imposing a surrounding on your surroundings.

Unfortunately, even Fuliam's guide pretty much just states, "Look around you and visualize your wonderland. Do this until you see your wonderland."

(http://m.imgur.com/gallery/RadSf)

I don't know how much help it will be for this specifically, but you may be able to exploit a trick of the eyes to help this along. The human eye is very very focused, we see really well what's in the center of our vision, but the rest not so much. We don't really notice because our eyes are always scanning our surroundings. I learned this trick while staring at wallpaper: if you stare at a single point, your eyes will more or less tune out anything not on that point. So for my wallpaper staring, to my eyes, it went from a floral pattern to a flat colour which was the point I had been staring at.

If you put, say, a black piece of construction paper in front of you and state at the center of that black paper, your vision will eventually tune out everything else. It's not instantaneous, mind, I had been staring for a good few minutes, and you have to be really attentive not to ler your eyes wander at all, or it breaks it. While it's not imposition (or reverse imposition) per se, it may simulate your desired result and give you a place to go from.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle