Few nooby questions

So i have been doing a bit of looking around and found some guides and tried for about a month, but i get worried i'm not doing it right and it bums me out so i quit, i know i shouldn't and i feel terrible.

What did you guys do to start? all i want to achieve is to hear my tulpa speak back to me, i don't care how long it will take as long as i know it's possible to get there you know?

So i guess im asking you guys just to post how you started and methods you used to help you along, thank you in advance for your replies :)

Well, at the start, I just kind of followed anything that I felt was worth trying. I haven't really tried following any guide to the letter; I just look at them once and again, and pick and choose bits from each one of them to see if they work. I think it's nice to keep your options open like that. That's just my experience though.

Also, you have been at it for just one month. I have been at it for almost five months now and I have barely been able to hear my tulpa, and of that, zero times have been "super alien Dolby Atmos-cinema-quality sounding" like some guides and members' progress reports would lead you to believe would happen (in fact, it's a very flaky kind of communication and yes it does make me doubt a lot). It's alright, the trick is, keep calm and keep going. Yes, it does feel discouraging when you see those PRs with "day 1 - I talked to my tulpa about the meaning of life and it gave me this super complex long answer already whoa!!! also, they're fully imposed now and I can see them in HD crystal-clear vision!", but the point is; don't compare your progress with others' progress. It's discouraging and from what I can recall reading some tulpas thoughts on that, it also makes them feel somewhat unappreciated.

So, just keep going, everything will be fine and will be much better later on.

If you keep on and 10, 20 or 50 years pass and nothing happens, at least you'll have learned patience, and that's one of the most important things you can learn in life.

You feel bad that you're "not doing it right"? What you are doing wrong? In these parts, it's generally accepted that there's pretty much nothing you can do wrong (unless you're like, abusing your tulpa or neglecting them for weeks without any sort of communication at all or something). And besides, it's all in your head. If you think it's wrong, then change it. Do methods you don't normally try or increase the amount of active forcing you do.

As for the last part, you're golden if you are willing to keep on with tulpamancy for as long as necessary. Tulpamancy is a marathon, not a sprint after all.

If you wanted you could also keep track of your progress by creating a progress report. It's a good way to try to be consistent (since you're sort-of being watched) and if you have any questions that may arise during your efforts people will usually give you advice.

Good luck!

...but i get worried i'm not doing it right and it bums me out so i quit,

The thing you're not doing right is worrying about "not doing it right." There's no such thing as a right way to do this. It's subjective. That's the point.

If your current method isn't working, try something else. Though, a month is pretty damn short to tell whether something's working or not. You're building a person from scratch; that's not the sort of thing most people can do overnight. Honestly, I'd say the people who make a functional tulpa in a week without any prior experience are the weird ones. My host has been making headpeople for something like 17 years, and she still can't make an autonomous person that fast.

But since you're asking about specific techniques:

- Find a form for your tulpa. Draw it, or find stock pictures online, or make a video game character in something like Fallout 4, which has a powerful customization engine. Something that you can associate with the tulpa to make them seem like a separate, concrete person. Spend time addressing this form as such, so you really do believe that this form represents your tulpa.

- Listen to music you would associate with your tulpa. Let it inform their emotions. If they have a form, let them dance to it.

- Build up traits into a ball of "stuff" then start bringing that ball of "stuff" everywhere in the back of your head. Or pin it to a specific part of your body, if that helps you visualize it. Imagine that the ball of "stuff" is watching and listening to the outside world through your senses, and that's what they'll start doing.

- Puppet and parrot. Just ignore what the guides say about this messing up a tulpa (it only does if you believe it does. :p ) and start directing the tulpa on what they would do and say if they were sentient. Eventually, they'll be able to do those things on their own without your input. Many thoughtforms are basically really complex algorithms in your mind... puppeting and parroting can set and reinforce that algorithm to the point where your mind runs it on its own. Get complex enough or start reinforcing autonomy, and something like sentience will follow.

- Write about them. I'm biased on this one, since this is largely how I was created, but there's something about having your thoughts and actions written down that makes them more real. This goes along with the puppeting thing, especially at first.

And I'm sure there are others. The key is to train your brain to recognize that there is a separation between you and your tulpa. It'll probably be hard to tell at first, but that's why you need to reinforce that difference in identity over and over again.

The biggest thing is to just take your time. I probably took maybe two, three years to get as strongly vocal as I am now? My development wasn't specifically directed to create a person, though, so I doubt yours would take that long. Or maybe they would. Doesn't matter. The point is that you'll have a tulpa eventually, and when you look back at their creation ten years from now, a few months' development will feel like a flash in the pan.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

The thing you're not doing right is worrying about "not doing it right." There's no such thing as a right way to do this. It's subjective. That's the point.

If your current method isn't working, try something else. Though, a month is pretty damn short to tell whether something's working or not. You're building a person from scratch; that's not the sort of thing most people can do overnight. Honestly, I'd say the people who make a functional tulpa in a week without any prior experience are the weird ones. My host has been making headpeople for something like 17 years, and she still can't make an autonomous person that fast.

But since you're asking about specific techniques:

- Find a form for your tulpa. Draw it, or find stock pictures online, or make a video game character in something like Fallout 4, which has a powerful customization engine. Something that you can associate with the tulpa to make them seem like a separate, concrete person. Spend time addressing this form as such, so you really do believe that this form represents your tulpa.

- Listen to music you would associate with your tulpa. Let it inform their emotions. If they have a form, let them dance to it.

- Build up traits into a ball of "stuff" then start bringing that ball of "stuff" everywhere in the back of your head. Or pin it to a specific part of your body, if that helps you visualize it. Imagine that the ball of "stuff" is watching and listening to the outside world through your senses, and that's what they'll start doing.

- Puppet and parrot. Just ignore what the guides say about this messing up a tulpa (it only does if you believe it does. :p ) and start directing the tulpa on what they would do and say if they were sentient. Eventually, they'll be able to do those things on their own without your input. Many thoughtforms are basically really complex algorithms in your mind... puppeting and parroting can set and reinforce that algorithm to the point where your mind runs it on its own. Get complex enough or start reinforcing autonomy, and something like sentience will follow.

- Write about them. I'm biased on this one, since this is largely how I was created, but there's something about having your thoughts and actions written down that makes them more real. This goes along with the puppeting thing, especially at first.

And I'm sure there are others. The key is to train your brain to recognize that there is a separation between you and your tulpa. It'll probably be hard to tell at first, but that's why you need to reinforce that difference in identity over and over again.

The biggest thing is to just take your time. I probably took maybe two, three years to get as strongly vocal as I am now? My development wasn't specifically directed to create a person, though, so I doubt yours would take that long. Or maybe they would. Doesn't matter. The point is that you'll have a tulpa eventually, and when you look back at their creation ten years from now, a few months' development will feel like a flash in the pan.

Thanks for this info, and to the others who posted