Tulpas Choosing Clothing?

So the other day, I was at a thrift store and let Jamie possess.

He picked out a green sweatshirt with the word "GENIUS" printed across the front of it in big, bold font. It's one of the most quintessentially Jamie pieces of clothing I've ever seen. Quirky, brightly colored, has a single word printed on the front, casual. It was fun for him to find it and even more fun to purchase it for only a couple bucks. Bless thrift stores.

In any case, it left me wanting to know: Has anyone else's tulpa ever gone clothing shopping? Picked something out? Had opinions on what you wear? Have any other info to share about your tulpa and how they relate to your fashion sense/express their own?

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]

Guest Anonymous

Esterina has by now come to look at my body as my body, and her wonderland / projected body as hers.

(Sure, it's our life, not just mine, and it's thus our body, but you know what I mean. ^^)

So, yeah... because of that, and because we're opposite genders anyway, her fashion sense doesn't affect what I wear and vice versa.

And yeah, she does have a reasonably sized selection of different clothes she wears, and it's rare for her to wear the same clothes she did the last day.

Greets,

AG

Ayo:

Ooh, ooh, ME! I LOVE going shopping with Mom. :D

I'm good at projection (or imposition, whatever it's called here!!), so I can pull her around the store and point out things she should try on.

And, trust me, she NEEDS the help. She doesn't care about fashion or looking cute at all, so she lets me pick out anything for her that I want! Without my help, she picks out all this drab ratty blah stuff. I make sure she has some color and fun in her wardrobe. :)

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Luna picks apart my fashion sense a lot, and also tells me what colors go well with what other colors (a useful skill when deciding which shirt, slacks and tie to wear to a job interview).

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

They made me a fan of skinny jeans, slim dress pants, and just about anything that makes it look like I'm wearing leggings--professionally, or just casual. I can't say anymore because it's going to get awkward, aha~

All of these answers were so fun to read! Super interesting to see how everyone's tulpas relate to their clothing.

Linkzelda, you have me completely curious about what you can't say because of incoming awkwardness if you do, haha. I want to know.

Guest Anonymous

I go shopping on the internet with my host's step daughter and help her pick out dresses. I have bought clothing for her online (I have my own Paypal). I don't buy clothes for my host though. My host has no fashion sense. I have my own fashion sense for myself within the dreamscape. I love retro girly or lotita fashion, jumper dresses, pleated skirts, stockings, doll shoes or boots, or pumps. I like ribbons or bows in my hair.

Cél hasn't made me buy anyting related to clothing before, but boy, has he roasted me for the decisions I make while dressing up. He wasn't like this before, he changed a LOT. Seriously, has to be something that comes with becoming more autonomous with time.

I have zero fashion sense, and I don't like having a lot of layers on me, so I catch a lot of cold because of that and this guy here has made a feckton of fun of me for those reasons before.

As for his fashion sense.. Well. He has his own "line" of clothing now, I guess. He has a set of jewellry he designed for himself, and these weird half leather-half lace boots, and a set of kimono-like one-pieces that are adorned with intricate engraving. He was inspired by the drawings of Old Chinese dynasties and by the Tulip Era of the Ottoman Empire for the last one. They look reaaaally weird, but also very aristocratic.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Sure, and I've picked out things other than Hawaiian shirts and beige shorts, which seems to be his go-to. Linkzelda, I'm glad that you've accepted the life of tight clothing.

I'm loving all these answers. It seems to be extremely common for tulpas to comment on or have strong opinions about hosts' fashion senses! In my and Jamie's case, our fashion choices happen to line up pretty seamlessly. I guess we're lucky in that regard.

Also, just wanted to link you guys to our progress thread because I posted a photo of Jamie's sweatshirt, AKA the sweatshirt that inspired me to make this topic. And on that note, if anyone wants to start throwing photos into this topic showing off things their tulpas have bought or things their tulpas would want to wear, go ahead because that would be super neat.