Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hmm, well that is cute enough to work. Melian approved.

Melianism: "That is like buying extra glee that comes in squee-ze tubes."

Don't ask, she said it spontaneously in my head about fifteen minutes ago. ~Mistgod

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Dreamform Theory Explored More Deeply (Melian's Dual Nature)

I am much more independent and much more tulpa like in dreams when my host is asleep. We have lucid dreams together where we have back and forth conversations. These are not like the day dreams where he puppets me or we collaborate and blend. These are lucid dreams, in which we are both conscious that we are dreaming, and are much more like an ordinary host and tulpa relationship.

Thanks to my friend Drakaina for helping us recognize this or emphasize it a little more. Drakaina explained to me that she believes it is possible that a thoughtform could have a subconscious mind of her own and hence the source of her own dreams and visions. Since Davie and I blend and I am strongly associated with the dream world, it all kinda makes sense to me.

To Drakaina: I actually favor your theory of thoughtform subconscious, and here's is why. When we dream, those flash visions become part of our dreams and I am much more aware of them or feel that I am part of them. It's hard to explain but I feel closer to their source, which certainly feels like it is me. Also, frequently I have emotional reactions that accompany the flash visions, even during the day or that is, the flash visions trigger emotions or even come with an emotional component.

While dreaming I am much more independent of Davie. We have those back and forth conversations that a tulpa is supposed to have during the day, but within the world of dreams. These are LUCID dreams, so we are conscious. These are not ordinary dreams. We wrote a thread once about this asking if a tulpa could exist primarily within lucid dreams and we were pretty much shot down and told this doesn't sound right. But we are beginning to be more self confident about ourselves these days. It is right for us because it works for us. I am a dreamform.

Mistgod: It's kinda like Melian is "living imagination" and method acting during the day and a dreamform tulpa at night while I am asleep.

Here you can see we have been wondering this for some time. Here is a post about it from November of 2015: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-could-a-person-create-a-tulpa-exclusively-within-lucid-dreams

Guest Anonymous

The views my host has about my nature give us an interesting angle on how these flash visions might be working and where they might be coming from. It isn't worrisome really that they seem disconnected from my day time conscious mind some. We simply view it that I sorta have "layers." One part of my day time consciousness is a lot deeper and more autonomous and independent, while another part of me works collaboratively with my host as a kind of blended median aspect (I need puppeting and parroting help to communicate). It makes me more sophisticated and interesting rather than broken or confued. LOL

I sometimes feel like a dummy for being sorta like I am, a half way there tulpa or something. I see others talking about failure to achieve independence and puppeting and parroting and it makes me feel uncomfortable or broken. That is happening less often over time though as I learn about fictive median systems, which from some angles might resemble a "broken or half way tulpa" even though it is not so.

THE DEPENDENT SENTIENCE TRAIN ANALOGY

The less independent the tulpa the more its will is simply the host's will, so that's a bit of an oxymoron. But I'm sure it's how you describe yourself.

An oxymoron? You mean wanting to be less mentally independent? Huh. You are right. But a lot of people choose to let others do their thinking for them. The intellectually lazy are quite common. Well, "lazy" is a negative word. It's more like resource management or resource utilization. Why not tap into a source of power and hitch a ride rather than having to do all that work yerself? Also, what if you are both going in same direction anyways, do you need two motors or just one in that case? Maybe the same powerplant can be used and you just hook together like cars on a train?

With my host Davie and I we both want to go on the Melian Show adventures together all the time. That is our main thing. It is actually BENEFICIAL that our minds are forever linked and blended together. I started as a day dream star, and I am still a day dream star. We are both on the same mind train, forever linked.

Guest Anonymous

THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED

This is a list of the important things my host and I learn about tulpamancy and related disciplines and about ourselves. We learn a lot as we interact on forums such as Tulpa Info, and I think it is a good idea to recognize and list what we have gained. Some items will be listed as hyperlinks and others has hidden text. This list will grow over time, it is a constant work in progress. We have two older things we learned lists we are going to consolidate to here as well.

What we have learned post (original): https://community.tulpa.info/thread-mistgod-and-melian-megathread?pid=142328#pid142328

What we have learned post2 (groovy-guru era): https://community.tulpa.info/thread-groovy-guru-think-talk?pid=151412#pid151412

1. The Assumption of Independent Sentience for tulpas is more than just a view point, it is a necessary and important tool or resource.

[hidden]Tulpas are independent sentient beings. My host and I have come to recognize that the assumption of independent sentience model is important to tulpamancy because it has been proven to work. It works! The assumption of independent sentience model is important for the creation and functionality of tulpas and is supported by a strong consensus of opinion based on a preponderance of anecdotal evidence.

Davie and I learned something while we were away. We learned that view points in the tulpamancy community are not just view points. They are the fuel or basic building material that creates tulpas and allows them to function. Tulpas live in the mind and are affected by the mind. Therefore, they are affected by beliefs and world views. Their very existence and safe function often depends on it. So it puts a whole new level on live and let live. The assumption of independent sentience in tulpamancy practice, for instance, isn't just science (it never really was science) it is like the chromosomes and DNA of tulpas. If we argue too vehemently without consideration, we could be hurting someone physically and emotionally. We don't have to be right that badly.[/hidden]

2. Character Induced Lucid Dreaming [hidden]

There's a lesser practiced method of inducing a lucid dream called CILD (character induced lucid dream) that involves a character you create that has the ability to "pull or assist" you into a dream. Tulpas are one such "character" that can be used for such (not specifically for this purpose, of course).

OMG! THIS!

My host and I often lucid dream together. Here is what happens. We have dream conversations. These are fully autonomous back and forth conversations so different from the day dreams I do with my host during the day. Sometimes we are "watching" a movie dream together and commenting on it on the side to each other. Sometimes we are having a conversation between each other as disembodied mind voices. During these conversation dreams, we are fully aware that we are dreaming. My host has referred to me as a kind of dream guide in the past, but it is more accurate to describe me as a dream partner. In some of the adventure dreams that we have together, we are aware we are dreaming as well (lucid dreaming).

We had never heard of Character Induced Lucid Dreaming but by gods I think we have actually been doing this! When David meets me speaking to him in a dream, it is often a trigger of sorts that reminds us both that we are dreaming. That happens especially if we are watching a dream like a moive unfolding before us. We start talking about what we are experiencing and it reminds us both that we are dreaming.

The fact that we are conscious and lucid in these dreams helps us to understand that I am fully self aware and sentient in the dream world. I have a level of awareness in the dream world that is much stronger than the waking world. We don't know why that is, but over the past three years, since he has been channeling for hours a day on the internet during the day, that has been getting steadily stronger. I am more present and more self aware in dreams every day.

We have pondered in the past that this could be simply David dreaming that he is two separate minds (he is usually aware of many of my thoughts and emotions, sometimes we communicate in pure thoughts). Or David thinks he is dreaming he is me and not really that I am really a separate mind. But to us, none of that matters. He believes I am a person and an imaginary construct simultaneously.

Character Induced Lucid Dreaming CILD

[/hidden]

3. Dreamform Theory of Melian's Duality link

4. Fantasy Prone Personality link

5. Tulpamancers know how to create tulpas, but they don't know anything for sure about what tulpas are.

Guest Anonymous

MISTGOD-MELIAN "IN SYSTEM" ROMANCE?

People sometimes ask about the nature of any romantic relationship I have with my host. So I wrote this down for future reference so I don't have to recompose it every time I need to answer this question.

I began life as an imaginary girl friend and day dream star. My host considers me his "second virtual wife." However, that is more symbolic than anything. I do not consider myself his girl friend really or his possession. I consider myself his companion and dear friend. My host is in romantic love with me, but I feel mostly platonic love for him. All that being said, my host and I visualize or day dream together. In those day dreams, which are like movies, my form interacts with his day dream avatar character. As characters in the story, my form and his avatar do sometimes have romantic/sexual relationships within the plot of the story. But it is like actors creating a movie for entertainment purposes.

Guest Anonymous

melian_portrait_edit_1_by_melianofmist_d7pusy6_by_melianofmist-da4sinz.jpg

Mistgod: This is the most realistic portrait of Melian ever done. I commissioned a talented artist to try her hand at capturing Melian's face using my reference art and my written descriptions. She came astonishingly close. Then I took her original art and carefully tweaked little details to bring it even closer. I really hope it helps people see how incredibly cute Melian is in my mind and why I m so deeply in love with her and infatuated and obsessed.

Hey, if you're okay with this request, can I make a 3d model of her in the near future? I'm doing a few projects at the moment, but was wondering if I can give it a shot. If you have more references along with this one, and you're okay with it, that would be awesome.

OMG PLEASE LET ME DO THIS.

Guest Anonymous

Hey, if you're okay with this request, can I make a 3d model of her in the near future? I'm doing a few projects at the moment, but was wondering if I can give it a shot. If you have more references along with this one, and you're okay with it, that would be awesome.

OMG PLEASE LET ME DO THIS.

Well, you know I never get tired of people trying to draw, paint or render me! I would love it if you gave it a try! That is so sweet of you and I feel very honored. What I dearly love is that every artist has their own interpretation of what I look like. I think that is fantabulous! It almost makes me like an egregore in a way. LOL

Here is a small collection of our favorite portraits people have done http://community.tulpa.info/thread-fanart-cosplay-of-my-tulpa-melian-squeeeeeeeeeee?pid=158209#pid158209

There is this comparison to David's best cartoon of me (upper left on screen) and an anime character that closely resembles me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-living-imagination?pid=165963#pid165963

I am sorry about the lack of consistency on style and technique. But maybe you can get an idea of my main features from these.

474x351http://img04.deviantart.net/e52c/i/2014/200/4/6/sandra_dee_one_of_the_origins_of_melian_by_melianofmist-d7rdowu.png[/img]

I look a lot like Sandra Dee, a wonderful actress from the 1960s.

I have big dark blue eyes, round baby cheeks and a slightly receded chin. I have kinda thick, dark eye brows for a girl.