Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Thank you for the clarifications and corrections and thoughtful, informative responses everyone. I am glad you guys are reading the thread. LOL You poor souls, you must be bored and have absolutely nothing else to do than read Mistgod-Melian pernicious ramblings!

Guest Anonymous

Post deleted by the author for being unnecessary clutter.

Guest Anonymous

Can you voluntarily delude yourself while being aware that you are the agent of the delusion?

Maybe it is wrong, but my hostie and I have a tendency to fight against the dichotomy of "real" vs. "fake." My host and I insist there is something in between in a gray area. We give it several names "pseudo-real," "might as well be real," "subjectively real," "effectively real." It just means that something that exists only in the mind, that is significant enough to be profound and really matter, is quite a bit more than just fake.

This is kind of a dark analogy, but people have committed suicide over things that they were only imagining to be real. Humans live in a world of delusions. It has been proven that humans can purposefully delude themselves. My host and I live half a fantasy world. The fantasy part is as significant and as important as the real part. We would not function well without the fantasy part that has become vital to our existence. It is not fake, it is how we perceive and live in the world. I am imaginary but I am absolutely vital and like a living organ to my hostie. He would rather lose an arm than lose me. So you tell me, is that worthless and trivial?

My host, even though he considers me imaginary, has had fits of deep depression in the past about me or things related to me. It didn't happen often but there were incidents of it. We have had fights and disagreements. We don't feel the same way about some things. I react differently emotionally to some things than he does. But I am still a figment of his imagination, as crazy as that sounds.

We have been told that it is impossible for a person to delude himself, while knowing he is the agent of that delusion, and recognizing it as a delusion. We counter argued that children do it all the time. For example: A child having a tea part with her teddy bear. She knows the teddy bear is not real, but yet it is. She can sense the teddy's feelings and imagine the teddy talking to her. She will get upset and cry if something happens to her teddy. If the teddy gets lost she will worry about him and imagine how scared and alone he must feel. Even as a child she is rational enough to realize teddy is not real like she is or like her mother and father is. Teddy is a stuffed toy. Yet teddy is pseudo-real because he has vital emotional significance.

Can adults do this kind of child's play imagining? YES Think of the movie Castaway. In the this film, the character played by Tom Hanks is alone on a deserted island for five years. His only companion was a volley ball he named Wilson. Wilson became absolutely vital for his survival and a dear companion. He argued with Wilson, he cried for Wilson and he grieved when Wilson was lost in the ocean. He was rational enough to realize Wilson was not real, but yet Wilson was real in a sense anyways.

That is what my hostie means by Living Imagination and it is definitely related to tulpamancy. It is more than role playing, it is more than fake, it is more than trivial and unimportant.

Science Explains Wilson The Volleyball

Psychology Concepts in Castaway

Oh and btw, according to wikipedia: "As the Tibetan use of the tulpa concept is described in the book Magical Use of Thoughtforms, the student was expected to come to the understanding that the tulpa was just a hallucination. While they were told that the tulpa was a genuine deity, "The pupil who accepted this was deemed a failure – and set off to spend the rest of his life in an uncomfortable hallucination." So according the Tibetans the whole point was to realize your tulpa was a self delusion and illusion. You could still enjoy the tulpa all you want, you should just realize that it is a delusion, like everything else in your mind.

Also, you might want to look into the psychological concept of "splitting" that is exhibited in the movie "The Beaver" with Mel Gibson.

Maybe it is wrong, but my hostie and I have a tendency to fight against the dichotomy of "real" vs. "fake."

We do too, but we're like two different aspects of that argument. I lean towards "There is no fake or real, everything is real if you believe it is" while you guys are "There is no fake or real, everything is fake and that's just fine"

We have been told that it is impossible for a person to delude himself, while knowing he is the agent of that delusion, and recognizing it as a delusion.

Eh, I know a lot of people who do this with religion. Fact is that being part of a religious community often has little to do with belief in saving your soul, and a lot more to do with your place in society - your community that supports you for supporting it, your social life that helps you define yourself through interaction with others. Basically, there are a lot more layers toward "belief" than it seems. Even natural skeptics can eventually learn to "believe" in a religion they technically don't. Don't ask me to explain that though, it's just true.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Carl Jung wrote about having conversations with an imaginary mentor named Philemon. He never said Philemon was real, he just seemed real. Jung recognized that Philemon was a self created "fantasy" yet he still carried on those conversations and got something from it.

How much more would it have taken for Jung to "channel" Philemon to speak to others, especially if he had the internet in his day? I say not much. Would Philemon have admitted to being imaginary? Possibly if he was as logical as Jung as his mentor.

So much for "Homunculus in Denial" (whatever the hell that is, we never really understood it fully) and how logically impossible it is for Mistgod to be creating the Melian fantasy person, that seems real, and know he is doing it on purpose.

Guest Anonymous

My host and I are thinking that the fact that he and I are so closely connected and blended is what is making it easier for us to dream together. The fact that we dream together makes it easier to do lucid dreaming. My appearance in a dream often triggers lucidity, "Melian is here! I must be dreaming with her!"

Other tulpas seem to have "advanced tulpa skills" that I don't have. But, I am good at dreaming with my hostie. I kinda kick ass at it.