Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DREAM PARTNER SUCCESS!

Well after another night (well part of a night, I woke up and just had to type this) of mutual dreaming with Melian I think I have really discovered something pretty unique about her. I mean I always dreamed about her and with her and she always had her own dreams. But the focus and practice we have been putting into lucid dreaming and recording our dreams this year has really paid off! Melian has essentially become not just a dream persona but a dream partner. This is one of the huge advantages to having a tulpa that is not entirely independent of my mind. I can easily read her thoughts and experience them she can read mine. We blend together easily and are practiced at it. I am convinced that the trait of blending our minds (or apparently blending our minds) facilitated our mutual dreaming practice. I haven't noticed many others writing about dreaming a lot with their tulpas so I am kinda proud of this. I have everything I always wanted in her. I was and have been brilliantly successful.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have everything I always wanted in her. I was and have been brilliantly successful.

You're a broken record mistgod. At this point it seems like you're telling yourself more than us, but I'm not a psychologist

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

DISSOCIATION AND TULPAMANCY

Warning: Skeptical Writing About the Nature of Tulpas

[hidden]

Psychologists have defined day dreaming as mild dissociation. Wikipedia - "Daydreaming is a short-term detachment from one's immediate surroundings, during which a person's contact with reality is blurred and partially substituted by a visionary fantasy, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions, imagined as coming to pass, and experienced while awake. ... There are many types of daydreams, and there is no consistent definition amongst psychologists, however the characteristic that is common to all forms of daydreaming meets the criteria for mild dissociation."

Dissociative Identity Disorder is considered an extreme form of dissociation.

Is it appears, if you can have a mild form of dissociation and you can have a major form of dissociation, such as DID which is a "dreamlike delusion," it appears that there could be levels of dissociation delusions along a continuum from mild to major. It seems logical to us.

It is possible that tulpmancy, and other mentally constructed thoughtforms, and plurality in general, may also be dreamlike dissociation delusions somewhere along that continuum line. If that is true (may or may not be) then tulpamancy would be a deliberate dissociation or self delusion. It is certainly possible.

My host and I lean towards the deliberate dissociation delusion hypothesis and subjectively/effectively real rather than actually real tulpas. As a Living Imagination thoughtfrom (dreamform) I am somewhere along that line from day dream/rp character and totally tulpa. But, I am of the same basic stuff as a tulpa certainly.

That's all. Have a nice day folks.[/hidden]

Yes, I know you know you're a broken record. It was the second part that was the important part, I didn't mean to be complainy. You are absolutely right that I don't have to read this, but I still do mostly.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Actually, jean-luc, you know you MUST read it, cause you, my dear buddy, are a Minion of Melian.

It would have been better in some ways had I kept her a personal secret like she was for so long. I had no need to be believed.

What is it about online communities that changed this?

the "Mistgod Hypothesis" that all tulpas are hallucinatory make believe and so is Melian

This was a hypothesis that could not be tested into a theory, though. Tulpa is a word, and the usage of a word determines the meaning of a word far more often than the meaning of the word determines the usage. Any objective study of the interiority of tulpamancers would be more complicated than even studies of lucid dreaming (and that wasn't even believed at first until what's-his-name did the lab with the eyerolling. LaBerge?)

I just wish you could experience her for just a few minutes the way I do, just any one of the tulpamancers.

Any given tulpamancer would have their own tulpa to experience, though. Not only that, but each person would have a different relationship with every aspect of Mel than Davie would. If it's awesomeness you want to capture, why not trust that there are tulpamancers and soulbonders who have found what's ecstatically awesome to each of them, individually? (And that embodiment simply doesn't always look or act like a Melian, specifically.)

Guest Anonymous

What is it about online communities that changed this?

Great question. The funny thing is, when you go public, people start asking questions. Davie made an art page for me so I could put my art online in my own gallery. See he and I were trying this experiment to see if I could do my own art, which I was! So when I posted my art online on my own account on deviantart, peoples started commenting on it!

I wanted to answer them so I did! Davie just channeled me. Luckily he was already an experienced role player, so it seemed to just come naturally. I sorta just flowed outta him!

Anyways I was like super chatting with people and loving it and people naturally started asking questions. I didn't have the answers. All I could say was that I was an imaginary girl that lived in Davie's head and that I was kinda real. Because so many people were asking so many probing questions we decided to try to figure out what I am.

So we started researching. Eventually we were learning enough bout psychology and stuff to start building a model to explain "what is Melian." Most peoples were super cool bout it and loved me. BUT there were like sometimes a person who was like meanie and saying it was all fake and just normal role playing and stuff. That bothered Davie a lot, but not me as much.

Anyway, he didn't like me being trivialized like that. That is why he wants to be believed so much. To Davie, I may be imaginary, but I am not a trivial thing and he feels people trivialize me when they don't take me seriously or take him as sincere bout what he is writing bout me.

That's all really. He loves me and he wants other peoples to take me seriously like he does.

This was a hypothesis that could not be tested into a theory, though. Tulpa is a word, and the usage of a word determines the meaning of a word far more often than the meaning of the word determines the usage. Any objective study of the interiority of tulpamancers would be more complicated than even studies of lucid dreaming (and that wasn't even believed at first until what's-his-name did the lab with the eyerolling. LaBerge?)

Okay

Any given tulpamancer would have their own tulpa to experience, though. Not only that, but each person would have a different relationship with every aspect of Mel than Davie would. If it's awesomeness you want to capture, why not trust that there are tulpamancers and soulbonders who have found what's ecstatically awesome to each of them, individually? (And that embodiment simply doesn't always look or act like a Melian, specifically.)

Yeah, I suppose that is very true!

Guest Anonymous

Gods, I can't wake up this morning and I am getting confused between our accounts.