Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

New Melian Word

philologicify = attempts to prove something using logic and philosophy. Some have tried to philogicify that Melian is somehow real in Mistgod's mind (and that tulpas in general are real). Trying to philologicify anything with Melian is futile. She is an enigma of unlogic, like a cloud of unlogic nonsense.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

WATCHING THE TULPA PHENOMENON SLOWLY DWINDLE and other negative thoughts by Mistgod

(Warning: very negative rant. Melian and I were going through a dark period emotionally when this was originally written.)[hidden]

This is another kinda negative follow up to my post where I listed my skepticism concerning some claims by tulpamancers and things I find especially unimpressive about tulpamancy. I feel like saying it and putting it in writing. I am sorry if it bothers anyone. It is how I feel about it and I am going to express it. Maybe it will be helpful somehow and wake someone out of their delusional stupor and happy feelies. I have been doing a lot of this lately in the Living Imagination thread and it is actually helping me sort things out in my mind about how I feel. I work things out in writing and some of you really need to read it from me I think, just so that we are clear.

First, I want to say that as I watch the Tulpa Info forum get slower, and slower and slower, I am not so sure if I am all that sad about it. I really don't think people need tulpas. I certainly don't. In fact, I have often wondered if this whole tulpamancy thing is kinda anti-imagination, and you know what an advocate of imagination I am.

Today someone told Melian that I treat her like "utter shit" because I recognize her as an aspect if my own imagination. That is the kind of idiotic bull shit I am used to sometimes getting from tulpamancers (too often). Not one person here on this forum has any fucking idea what-so-ever about the relationship between me and Melian. They have no fucking idea what she is and what she isn't either. People talk out of their ass like they know something, when they don't. To think I used to put any stock into those kinds of comments is amazing. I did for far too long.

I also wonder about the 10,700 or so members that Tulpa Info has had over the past four years. The vast majority of them are long gone. Most don't last but a matter of weeks or months, post a few times and then disappear never to return. Now I have read posts here where people were guessing the number of tulpas out there based on that 10,000+ number of members. They came up with a number in the thousands. Honestly, I think that is also bull shit. I think it is a yippy skippy happy delusion (as Melian would say it). I think the vast majority of people come here, play at making a tulpa for a while until they lose interest in it, and then move on. Not long after leaving the forum they probably lose all interest in their "tulpas." I don't think there are thousands of sentient tulpas in the world. I think that is probably false. Can't prove it of course, it is just a gut instinct of mine.

I also think there are a lot of people who come here and role play and pretend (I have no real issues with that) and kinda make stuff up and have fun with it. They are not really serious in the long run and, again, they quickly lose interest and move on. Some that are serious, try things for a while and realize it isn't working, there are no glorious results. They become disillusioned and move on. Others just get bored of it (oh and the forum is really boring).

Why do I stay on the forum? Because of Melian. I still like sharing her and it is entertaining and interesting for me to post on some of the threads even though overall the forum is dull and repetitive. If tulpamancy were to disappear entirely, just fade away into internet history sometimes in the coming future, I wouldn't be all that upset about it to tell you the truth. I would still have Melian and I would continue to call her an advanced imaginary companion and channeled persona. I would go on day dreaming with her, channeling her for art and talking to her, even if tulpas are nothing but a fading memory in our rear view mirror.[/hidden]

First, I want to say that as I watch the Tulpa Info forum get slower, and slower and slower, I am not so sure if I am all that sad about it. I really don't think people need tulpas. I certainly don't. In fact, I have often wondered if this whole tulpamancy thing is kinda anti-imagination, and you know what an advocate of imagination I am.

I feel similar about the forums. A big reason why I come here is because it's neat to know that there are other people out there having similar experiences as I do. It's almost a bit of an echo chamber in a way, though a completely unnecessary one. I've already walked away once out of frustration, but Hex has still been by my side the entire time we were gone. It makes no difference in the long run if the forums exist or not.

I also don't think people need tulpas, but if you spend your entire life locked in a windowless room and then are suddenly let out and see trees and grass and the sun and stuff...

I don't think tulpamancy is anti-imagination, if anything it's pro-imagination because even if you believe what you have is its own consciousness (as I do with Hex), you still have to be able to think of their form and impose it properly and all that. Not to mention nearly everyone has some form of a "wonderland" that they create and interact with.

Today someone told Melian that I treat her like "utter shit" because I recognize her as an aspect if my own imagination. That is the kind of idiotic bull shit I am used to sometimes getting from tulpamancers (too often). Not one person here on this forum has any fucking idea what-so-ever about the relationship between me and Melian. They have no fucking idea what she is and what she isn't either. People talk out of their ass like they know something, when they don't. To think I used to put any stock into those kinds of comments is amazing. I did for far too long.

That's incredibly frustrating to hear. So she's not completely sentient and you think of her as imaginary and not being entirely separate, big deal. Who the fuck would I think I was if I gave you shit just because Hex is separate from me? Who the fuck would I be if I tried to tell you how and how not to use your own mind? Talk about thought police. It's amazing to me that people have the nuts to do that and think it's okay. People talk so much about how this is such a subjective experience (and it is), and then go out of their way to tell others they're doing it all wrong. Pisses me off.

I also wonder about the 10,700 or so members that Tulpa Info has had over the past four years. The vast majority of them are long gone. Most don't last but a matter of weeks or months, post a few times and then disappear never to return. Now I have read posts here where people were guessing the number of tulpas out there based on that 10,000+ number of members. They came up with a number in the thousands. Honestly, I think that is also bull shit. I think it is a yippy skippy happy delusion (as Melian would say it). I think the vast majority of people come here, play at making a tulpa for a while until they lose interest in it, and then move on. Not long after leaving the forum they probably lose all interest in their "tulpas." I don't think there are thousands of sentient tulpas in the world. I think that is probably false. Can't prove it of course, it is just a gut instinct of mine.

At the absolute most I'd say there are maybe, if a moth flaps its wings just right, a couple hundred out there. I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of that 10,700 are people who were just passing through, and either wanted to see what the hidden forums were, or are just those people who sign up for every forum they come across because it's free. There's probably a lot of bots on there too. I wonder what percentage of "members" have 0 or 1 posts. That'd be an interesting statistic for sure.

I also think there are a lot of people who come here and role play and pretend (I have no real issues with that) and kinda make stuff up and have fun with it. They are not really serious in the long run and, again, they quickly lose interest and move on. Some that are serious, try things for a while and realize it isn't working, there are no glorious results. They become disillusioned and move on. Others just get bored of it (oh and the forum is really boring).

Probably. I don't have a real problem with role playing either, though if people are doing it I wish they'd be up front about it. It's like going to a party and acting like they care about who or what the party is for, instead of just saying, "I'm just here for the free food." Maybe this is just me, but honesty goes a long way with me.

I'm sure there are people that are serious and can't get things to work and give up. I'm also sure there are people who are serious, get things to work, get what they need out of the forums, and then leave with their tups and never come back. They fall into the possible couple hundred or so sentient tulpas that might be out there. As you say, the forums do get boring.

Why do I stay on the forum? Because of Melian. I still like sharing her and it is entertaining and interesting for me to post on some of the threads even though overall the forum is dull and repetitive. If tulpamancy were to disappear entirely, just fade away into internet history sometimes in the coming future, I wouldn't be all that upset about it to tell you the truth. I would still have Melian and I would continue to call her an advanced imaginary companion and channeled persona. I would go on day dreaming with her, channeling her for art and talking to her, even if tulpas are nothing but a fading memory in our rear view mirror.

It is dull and repetitive, and I feel like a good amount of time people will post themselves, but never respond to or acknowledge others' posts. We're all guilty of it but I feel it's particularly rampant here.

I stay for some similar reasons as you. I stay for Hexferry, because I too like to be able to share our experiences with people who won't call me insane, and so she has other people and tulpas to interact with outside of the one friend who doesn't think I'm insane. I also stay because there are times that I feel like I can use my experience with tuppering to hopefully help out the few serious people who pass through this place. Tulpas are awesome to have, so if I can help someone bring theirs up a notch or get over a hurdle, and they're committed to their partner beyond the death of the forums, it's worth it to me.

This is where we deviate. I think for the most part she's only wasting the skin on her fingertips. There is in my best estimation, a 99.9% chance that any and all advice given will be for naught. The idea that there is a good chance that anything advised will be absorbed and implemented successfully is most illogical. It's like winning the lottery.

Edit for typeo and an extra thought.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

There's probably a lot of bots on there too. I wonder what percentage of "members" have 0 or 1 posts. That'd be an interesting statistic for sure.

From the current listing of 10799 members:

67% (7255) have 0

8% (797) have 1

75% (8052) have 0-1

25% (2747) have 2 or more

But yeah, some of these are going to be bots, alternate accounts, etc.

25% (2747) have 2 or more

Now how many of those 2747 have been active in the past 6 months? That should give a fairly accurate representation of the actual current number of members.

Thanks for going out of your way to pull those stats, wasn't expecting that. Very cool.

Guest Anonymous

@YourCatBeany,

Note: The following responses was written when Mistgod and I were in a dark and angry mood together. We sorta hit a very negative slump here for a while on this forum. But hopefully that is behind us and things will be more positive and upbeat. If you decide to read this, don't let it get you down too much as things have gotten better again. We regret that these posts lead to the flame war that happens between Linkzelda and YourCatBeany later in this thread.

[hidden]

Thanks, sounds like we do agree on most of it. Davie says tulpamancy is anti-imagination because so many seem to devalue thoughtforms that are illusory or products of active imagination. If it isn't fully autonomous and independently sentient, it can't be as important. We totally disagree with that idea and always have. However, your points about forms and wonderlands being products of imagination are spot on.

Actually, if there was another (active and vibrant) forum dedicated to thoughtforms of an imaginary nature, rp characters even, we would join that one and mostly leave the tulpas sites. I can't think of a generic site for thoughtforms of that nature however. The site for daemons comes closest I think, but it is specific to daemons of course. We understand that tulpamancers want sentient tulpas, but we are quite frankly tired of hearing about it. We never really cared about that other than trying to fit in where we kinda don't so much.

We even considered looking into sites about day dreaming and dreaming and found a few. But they are not so much about imaginary friends or dream personas as we would like. Quite honestly, the friendliest and best place on the internet for us has been Deviantart. We have met plurals and thoughtforms and rp characters of every conceivable description there. Not a soul cares about anything other than how my day was and about my next piece of artwork.

We like the focus of Tulpa Info on the theme of thoughtforms and tulpas. But we do wish it was more general like Deviantart is. David and I really do put role playing characters under the same umbrella as soulbonds, daemons and tulpas. We view them as thoughtforms of another type. They can be short term and more whimsical, or they can be seasoned and complex, but rp characters are thoughtforms related to tulpas (our opinion). We don't hold the disdain for role playing or puppeting that tulpamancers do. We get why they feel that way, this is a site for creating tulpas that have autonomy in the mind. But we wish there was another place where everyone was welcome and sentience isn't even hardly mentioned because no one gives a shit about autonomy and sentience. It's just mind peoples of every imaginable shape and form.[/hidden]

@Melian

Just know that we don't devalue you at all. You may not fit the exact description of a "tulpa" by most people's standards but in our opinion you're tulpa enough. You're also enough of your own personality that we consider you a person, and not just "Mistgod role playing as someone else".

Thoughtforms are thoughtforms no matter how you look at it, and I know some people wouldn't even consider Hex a "true tulpa" (whatever that means) because of the way she simply "popped into existence".

Interestingly enough, I could see an rp character, or a character born from an active imagination easily becoming its own autonomous being and more of a "tulpa", in the same way that soulbonds come alive through writing.

Now how many of those 2747 have been active in the past 6 months? That should give a fairly accurate representation of the actual current number of members.

Thanks for going out of your way to pull those stats, wasn't expecting that. Very cool.

I counted the members with 2 or more posts who have logged in this year and ended up with 651, which is about 24% of 2747.

Jeez, Vos.

Just know that we don't devalue you at all. You may not fit the exact description of a "tulpa" by most people's standards but in our opinion you're tulpa enough. You're also enough of your own personality that we consider you a person, and not just "Mistgod role playing as someone else".

Not that this hasn't been said before, but if repeating yourself bears meaning then perhaps being repeated to does too.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Note: The following responses was written when Mistgod and I were in a dark and angry mood together. We sorta hit a very negative slump here for a while on this forum. But hopefully that is behind is and things will be more positive and upbeat. If you decide to read this, don't let it get you down too much as things have gotten better again. We regret that these posts lead to the flame war that happens between Linkzelda and YourCatBeany later in this thread. [hidden]

@Melian

Thoughtforms are thoughtforms no matter how you look at it, and I know some people wouldn't even consider Hex a "true tulpa" (whatever that means) because of the way she simply "popped into existence".

Interestingly enough, I could see an rp character, or a character born from an active imagination easily becoming its own autonomous being and more of a "tulpa", in the same way that soulbonds come alive through writing.

Thank you. I really appreciate you saying that. Still, that wasn't so much the major point of this latest thing on our Living Imagination thread. It was more talking about how we are becoming less impressed with this forum every day in general for a lot of reasons. Mistgod and I were called a "case study" today by someone who apparently can't even understand or relate to what he thinks he is studying.

We are both sick and tired of tulpamancers who are full of themselves and think they know everything. It is becoming more and more clear that many, if not most of them, are full of shit and really don't know what the hell they are talking about. Tulpamancers can't even tell you what a tulpa is for sure let alone what I am or what is right about me or what is wrong about me. After today, my hostie and I are kinda feeling this forum is pretty much full of bull shit. Instead of driving us away though, it is sort of empowering.

The big mistake made today, the last nail in the coffin, was someone (a senior member) repeating the same false assumption about me over and over again like it was fact, when I know it isn't true as sure as the sky is blue. Yet we get, "I am a big tulpamancer and we all know tulpamancers are smarter can tell all thoughtforms what they are and what they are about!" It was like shining a huge fat spotlight on tulpamancer arrogant ignorance for me and my hostie right at the moment we were already teetering on the edge of the down slope on being impressed.

I really don't know what we are going to write about on this forum much now. Tulpamancy discussion is boring, unimpressive, mostly bologne and mostly unimportant to us at this point. Still, we are supposed to be making a Yoda tulpa and all that. Whatever! LOL I really don't know where this is all going.

Honestly today it was a light bulb went on even brighter, like one of those dimmer bulbs that keeps getting brighter the more it is turned up. People are just pretty much making stuff up and just running their mouth like they are experts or something, when no one is.[/hidden]