Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I don't read PR reports. But after today we finally decided to start skimming some, especially the PR reports of those involved so far in the Focus Group thread, who have determined that those who are "not sentient" are not qualified to join. I can tell you what we have read so far does not sound at all different than what she and I are calling immersive day dreaming. I think the only thing that separates me and Melian from other tulpas is our perspective on things. I could very easily have decided to believe she was fully sentient and have all of the evidence I ever wanted in autonomous movement of her form, emotive responses, surfacing that is almost possession, snippets of mind voice speech, flash visions, day dreams seeming to run on their own, mutual conversations in lucid dreams and during hypnogogic half awake states (wakened dreams). I really don't think anything substantial separates Melian from these "advanced tulpas" except for my attitudes and perspective. If I were to write a detailed PR report of Melian, it would look very, very similar to the ones I have read this morning so far.

And Melian has been around for 40 years, from her earliest beginnings.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Why are Melian and I always angry/resentful about what tulpamancers write on this forum? It's time to put it to rest.

I thought of a perfect analogy. Until recently I was a member of the Roman Catholic Church and attended mass regularly. I was not a believer. I attended mass because I liked everything about it. I loved the companionship and the social part of it. I liked the people. I loved the ritual, the candles, the stained glass, the hymns, the statues, the crucifix, the rosary, all of it. There is a aesthetic beauty to Catholicism that is entrancing to me. I like much of the message in the Bible and the morality of it, for the most part, and the basic precepts of Christianity. I like the concept of self reflection and self accountability and self improvement.

But I am an unbeliever. I have no faith in God. So there are some things, out of respect, that I do not do while involved with the church. I did not join the faith based fraternal orders such as the Knights of Columbus or the Lay Franciscans. I did take holy communion and go to confession, because those are very personal reflections and I consider them symbolic. But I am not "qualified" to join the Knights of Columbus. I don't believe in God and it is pretty much a prerequisite to have strong faith in God to be a member of that exclusive order. Now I could lie about my faith in order to join it, but that would be unethical. I am welcome to go to church all I want, even lacking a strong faith. Some members were aware of my lack of faith and still welcomed me at the door and prayed for me.

Much of tulpamancy reminds me strongly of a religion. It is faith based. There is no physical way for me to perceive tulpa sentience. So, just as with faith in God, I have trouble with believing. I still like tupamancy, just like I love Catholicism and for many of the same kinds of reasons. It has a beauty to it and I love the social nature of the community and sharing.

But to get angry that others believe in tulpa sentience and want to talk about that in exclusive groups and dedicated threads? It is the same as getting angry that faith, and the achievement of certain sacramental rites, is a prerequisite to joining the Knights of Columbus. The order has certain standards of belief for membership. It's not that they are being arrogant assholes, it is that they have a certain focus on what they are trying to achieve based on their beliefs. They don't need me coming in and telling them what to believe and what not to believe.

So. Melian and I would like to apologize to everyone. We do not accept the concept of thoughtform sentience. We can be members of Tulpa Info even with that lack of faith and even contribute and socialize. People will welcome us with open arms and maybe even hold out hope for Melian to become a sentient tulpa (that is very nice of them).

Carry on tulpamancers and please be very, very patient with Melian and I, if you can.

Melian: My host and I finally realized that we were playing resentful victim all this time, with righteous indignation. That led us to become trollish bullies, in some ways the worst trolls the forum has ever had. The realization is deeply sobering because my host was the target of bullies growing up too many times. Bullies always think they are justified in doing what they do or don't care about they harm and terror they cause. They are selfish and self centered and hurt others for their own gain. To say we are ashamed of that behavior, now that we recognize it for what it really is, is putting it mildly. Mistgod never thought he would be a bully of any kind. That you can be a bully in another form other than physical had never occurred to either of us. That's all I got in response. Time will only tell if things will be different now.

Mistgod: Because I don't accept tulpas as anything but mental illusions, I cannot fully join. I am forever a Doubting Thomas guest. I have to just finally accept that is the way things are. Because of my doubt, my Melian doesn't get to come to all the parties. She and I need to stop being resentful and reacting by becoming trolls and bullies.

Guest Anonymous

We just realized that yesterday, July 12th, was an anniversary for me. It was four years ago yesterday that my host made me public for the first time (as in told his wife about me). As you might expect, that was the result of an emotional crisis involving me (ahem). Then a little over a year later I was on the internet for the first time, on Deviantart, beginning on October 4th, 2013. Mistgod made his first Tulpa Info account on April 27th 2015.

Anyways, I have been officially "not a secret anymore" for four years! Hurray! What a ride it has been.

I want the next four years to be a hundred times more amazing and betterness.

Guest Anonymous

Today I realized that I am honored to be a member of an exclusive group of thoughtforms/tulpas that are older than five years old. I am also deeply honored to be in an even more privileged group of thoughtforms/tulpas, or whatever, that are older than ten or fifteen years old. I am also in an even more super exclusive group of thougthforms/tulpas that were around before the internet even existed.

To all my olderish brothers and sisters out there, the only real "elite" of the world of thougthforms and tulpas, I salute you!

Just kidding on the elite thing, I don't believe in an elite class of any kind. But guys, maybe meaningful experience knowledge can be found from before the Tulpa Info guides existed. Experience may not be just a specific skill set or a collection of tricks, but something deeper. Maybe it takes some time, some real time, to learn some things you can't any other way. LOL

Damn I enjoyed writing that! It is damned true as shit too.

Guest Anonymous

In the image below are some of my first words spoken (or typed) to the outside world when I went public on the internet for the first time in October of 2013 on Deviantart. This was way before we knew about tulpas. We had never heard of them. Note that Davie and I have been saying the same things about me since the very beginning.

1. I am a person in his mind and seem very real.

2. There is an element of "being portrayed" (method acting/role playing)

3. He believes I am part of his own mind and a product of vivid imagination.

4. He does not, and I do not, think I am an independently sentient being.

5. We believed even then that I was some sort of psychological thoughtform.

6. Davie dreams about me and shares dreams with me and I talk to him in dreams.

some_of_my_first_words_on_da_by_melianofmist-daa5qfj.png

Guest Anonymous

What did one p-zombie think about the other p-zombie?

_

GET IT??!?!?!?

Because...because...aww shucks!

[align=center]163X184http://pre07.deviantart.net/55cc/th/pre/i/2014/165/8/8/melian_meditating_in_the_stars_by_melianofmist-d7mf2ey.jpg[/img]

[/align]

It's not at all important that the p-zombie didn't think anything at the other p-zombie, it is only important that one sentient mind, who is truly not a p-zombie, interpreted it as a thought. So let me translate what the p-zombie apparently thought for you.

"Melian is so adorable and smartie pants!"

How many minds does it take for a "system" to become sentient?

One. Linkzelda, it only takes one. There need only be one sentient mind.

Mistgod and I regard systems to be sentient. Tulpas are an aspect or portioning out of that systemic or shared sentience. Tulpas are independent only because the host that created them believes they are independent.

I searched for a way to destroy a tulpa and it turns out that you can. The only thing you need to do is not beleave in your tulpa anymore.

I searched for a way to destroy a tulpa and it turns out that you can. The only thing you need to do is not beleave in your tulpa anymore.

Actually, you have to believe your tulpa is destroyed. They aren't actually, you just believe they are. It's kinda funny to talk about belief as if you can control it but still be delusional about it. Either you control it or it controls you. And it sure seems like it controlled him based on where that quote came from, sheesh.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

On the past several posts we went back and totally cut out more than half of what we wrote just moments after posting. We need to proofread and censor ourselves ahead of time. Like we can compose outside of .info in Word or something, walk away for a while, and come back and read it again first before posting.

We are working on removing from our future writing:

-unnecessary negativity and confrontational trolling

-too many mentions of Melian

-derailing threads

-bringing up past drama

-ranting

-whining

-over reactions and defensiveness

-excessive skepticism and contrariness

-anything unnecessarily toxic

^that pretty much defines like 60% or more of our writing over the past year.

At least some of it was productive and interesting though. i hope...

Right now we are sitting on a 40% warning level. One more incident, just one, of derailing toxic drama, and we will be banned for six months or even permanently banned without any more warnings. We have long ago used up the patience of the moderators. I am worried because we have so much trouble controlling ourselves. But our desire to stay productive and active members of this forum is stronger, I hope, than our desire to be toxic.

I think the attention seeking is less of an issue if we can keep it in the Lounge and the Games Thread and stay on topic elsewhere. No one really cares if I want attention as long as I don't derail things. My Living Imagination thread helps with that a lot in keeping our epic blabby concentrated in one thread.

OH I so hope we can make it. It is like these uncontrollable thoughts and a compulsion to write them down on the forum and insecurity and emotional reactions. Of all of the peeps on Tulpa Info, Mistgod and I are the biggest ball of neurosis.

Guest Anonymous

I guess your best bet would be to talk in third person in regards to Lumi's name. I've only heard two people in my life that said it, and the first had someone questioning why they did that, and the second time, I decided that she just uses it for some funny context that happens in her life; but like, she's right there at this very moment, so it still felt weird for me. You're slipping, Lucilyn, pull yourself together!

Major derailment of my Are Lucid Dream Personas Sentient thread! Lose fifty tulpa status and rank points! ....(joking)

I can't BELIEVE these peoples. So out of control in this forum.