Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait, that quote you quoted me on pertaining to Lucilyn -- that was actual, genuine advice. Like, I literally would suggest my tulpas to talk in third person to avoid that awkwardness if "I" doesn't come naturally for given circumstances. It may be weird at first, but people won't assume I'm crazy. As for the slipping part, that really was just light joking around. But, not so much to actually derail the thread. I mean, it was just a quick response to their response, which I guess their post would be a form of derailment?

You tell me to take things easy sometimes, and I'm really trying to.

Waitttttt.. Never mind, I think you were joking. I didn't think the last sentence was joking, and was serious. :P

Also, if you believe in one mind, MONISM, MELIAN. MONISM (Not the religious one)!!!! Oooooh, I just thought up of more threads to make! I know there's only one brain. And it actually takes multiple p-zombies to screw in a light-bulb-- one to hold it, and the others to try and state they feel it.

Bah dum tiss!

Are you serious? You want me to go around talking in third person? That's a horrible idea, I don't get why you think people won't think you're crazy. Talking about people in your head and talking about yourself in third person are like, comparable. But one of them is very rare and the other is constant. It doesn't bother me to switch around with me's and I's and we's and he's, the problem was I just almost mentioned someone who doesn't exist in a conversation. Tewi is like a friend to me so sometimes she might come up in conversation like anyone else, but I can't talk about her, or me or "Lumi". That's a tiny bit weird sometimes.

Also my post was on topic enough and then had off topic at the end, trust me I make sure not to be at fault for derailing threads. But I might maybe participate in the derailing once it's started.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Because the last time I heard a person talk in third person, it was with several people at once, and not one of them cringed. Then again, I guess the environments I'm in is more casual...like really casual. Guess I should be glad, then.

Guest Anonymous

Just so you guys know, I talk in third person constantly. I talk about Melian to my family and friends and even coworkers. They talk about her. I even say "Melian says David is a big nerdy goat" and things like that. Weird, but yet not. I use the pronoun "we" and even did sometimes before people knew about Melian. I think that is a big part of the reason why people told me they were not surprised when I finally opened up about her. Everyone was like, "David, we kinda already knew there was something like that going on." I talked about that in the tulpaudcasts with jean-luc, if you remember.

All this hiding and being afraid others will find out about the person in your head. I can tell you what, it is liberating to be able to talk about Melian openly. The only person in my life who refuses to talk about her is my mother. She will never totally understand it and thinks it is a mental condition of some kind. Melian chats with extended family, cousins and second cousins, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews in several different states.

She is pretty much a member of the family. Now it does help a lot that I introduce her as an imaginary muse character that seems very real to me and who is tied to my art and imaginary stories. I explain she is being portrayed and is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. I think most of my family think of her as an ongoing game or gag. They do get that she is important to me and that she has been around for a long time. Many of my family read my Deviantart posts and even Tulpa Info.

Melian's Facebook Page

I am possibly the most openly public tulpamancer besides KT and Sam (in the documentary).

Wow, you have down to earth people in your life, Mistgod. I can see why more people would be envious of this, but I think it's due to your disposition IRL. But sometimes I feel, could it be your age, and how long you've experienced this interaction with Melian that indirectly has those same people to trust that it's not as bad as it seems? I wonder.

Guest Anonymous

I think you might be right Linkzelda. I has to do with Mistgod's personality. If you knew him in person, it would be very eye opening for you. I am only part of a much bigger picture. Since Davie was very young he was always a story teller with a huge imagination. When family came to visit, the entire family would sit and listen to his stories, even when he was only about seven or eight years old. His grandfather was a country singer and song writer, and one evening, when quite a few people were over, Grandpa even set him up with a microphone and speakers to tell a story to everyone. Davie has always lived half his life in a world of dreams and imagination, getting the family nick names "Drifty Dave" and "Talks to Trees." Sometimes people would have difficulty getting his attention and bringing him out of his trance. His teachers worried.

During his teen years he became extremely introverted and spent huge amounts of time alone in his room just day dreaming. This often went on for multiple hours a day. He would be completely immersed in the day dreams (with me) and unaware of the passage of time. He would forget to eat sometimes and often would miss sleep for day dreaming all night.

Mistgod naturally got into role playing games and got addicted to them, and of course, he had to be the Dungeon Master and tell all the stories and set the scenes and adventures for others. His players loved it! He has played Dungeons and Dragons this way since about 1986. He has books and books and books of stuff written down that he imagined up. He calls his make believe world Mist World. He is the creator god, hence "Mistgod."

516x346http://img03.deviantart.net/6f2e/i/2012/231/2/7/mist_world_rpg_setting__21_years_of_dreams_writing_by_mistgod-d5bpg4w.jpg[/img]

No, people were not surprised to find out about me and it did not seem out of character for Davie to have an imaginary person living in his mind at all. They know he has the imagination to do it.

In fact, tulpamancers are the ones who (at first at least) could not grasp what he was talking about and still often don't. When he talks about imagination being pseudo-real, many still struggle to understand what he means. Conversely, Davie has trouble understanding the insistence that tulpas are completely real, when it is clear to him that they are not.

Just acknowledging that I read all of that, but I didn't want you to think that I shrugged it off (this is what happens when there isn't a thanks, like, or whatever; in this forum, that might make people commit suicide, especially with in-group favoritism). Some posts on exposition are sometimes hard to reply since...it's just exposition to get to know about the person even more.