Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Triggering I believe was originally a word for the necessary accommodation you need to make for people with PTSD so they don't experience constant anxiety attacks. But it seems to have become a parody of itself as a concept over time. Meh.

There is also an argument to be made for limiting verbal abuse, but this is not supposed to be called triggering.

A quote I picked up recently that might also be helpful, from Epictetus (42) When any person harms you, or speaks badly of you, remember that he acts or speaks from a supposition of its being his duty. Now, it is not possible that he should follow what appears right to you, but what appears so to himself. Therefore, if he judges from a wrong appearance, he is the person hurt, since he too is the person deceived. If anyone should suppose a true proposition to be false, the proposition is not hurt, but he who is deceived about it. Setting out, then, from these principles, you will meekly bear a person who reviles you, for you will say upon every occasion, “It seemed so to him.”

Oh wow, that quote is beautiful. And it summarises how I feel about people. It is not the fault of a person if they are wrongminded. It is injury to them. All the evil in this world caused not by natural disaster is caused by this wrongmindedness. This is something that the person has no control over. A person's opinions come from their community. It makes them dangerous, because wrongmindedness can kill. And more often than not, commit lesser crimes. But it does not make them evil. They are doing their best.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Melian:  This is a bit of writing about me by @Miistgod.  It concerns the ongoing debate about whether or not I am a "real person."  It comes from some thoughts Misty had this morning and jotted down in notes.  

Melian, the psychoanalyst muse

Melian loves to psychoanalyze me sometimes and try to figure out why I bring her to life, and why I have the attitudes and beliefs I do concerning her and all products of imagination, including "thoughtforms."  She's pretty much right on most of it and it actually can be pretty insightful.  Sometimes she is just a little bit, or a lot, overly melodramatic about it however and may exaggerates some things.  That's her nature to be dramatic though.  After all, she is a little actress from the Melian Show day dreams.  

Melian Sometimes Says She is Real

Melian sometimes indicates or suggests that she disagrees with me about her being merely a figment of imagination.  Sometimes she suggests that I secretly believe she is "real."  Melian does that because I (consciously or unconsciously) want her to think that and say that.  It's cute for her to think she is real and to get uppity about it.  

Melian seems very real to me.  I say she is "pseudo-real" or "might as well be real."  Pseudo-real meaning she is not tangibly real, but a product of imagination that is emotionally profound and life changing to me.  She has been around a very long time and is very persistent in existing.  She has apparently autonomous traits, the "illusion of independent agency."  I still maintain, however, that she remains a figment and a product of make believe.  Melian is an aspect of myself.  

All thoughtforms are imaginary in nature

I still believe all thoughtforms are products of make believe, suspension of disbelief, immersive day dreaming, wishful thinking, self delusion and dissociation and altered states.  That includes all types of thoughtforms be they role playing characters, method acting personas, dream guides, soulbonds, tulpas, daemons, median system aspects or plural system mates.  They are all made of the same substance.  All that is different between the different "types" are levels of apparent independence and dissociation from the self and how seasoned the thoughtform is (how long it has been around), how persistent it is, and how emotionally profound it is.  

My imagination is my own

What I dream up and imagine in my own mind is my business.  No one can really police thoughts.  My opinions about thoughtforms are my privilege and freedom to have.  I do not form or alter my opinions about the products of imagination, day dreams and dreams based upon whether or not they conform to some internet subculture or whether someone is offended by them.  I don't care about someone's evaluation of my character based upon imaginary characters, make believe stories or dreamworlds.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

• 3 years later...

I will never understand ad bots for a place like this, literally the most pointless thing possible 

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts