Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The extreme skepticism and negativity are only a recent trend, sort of our latest thing. It won't last forever.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*snip*

Remember to think positive!

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart

Guest Anonymous

We believe in tulpas, we just don't believe they are real. We love to dig up old threads and poke fun at tulpamancy and tulpamancers. Tulpamancy is amusing and ridiculous. Hell I am ridiculous! Mistgod and I have never cared about scaring off new members. We are not in the recruiting and retention department of Tulpa Info. People who come to this site need to read widely and make up their own minds what to believe. Punch, make a thread dedicated to inspiring new members and post on it often. Make it full of positive messages of encouragement. Post something on it every day. Give it a flashy click bait title.

Just for Punch, and for others who just can't take it any more, we will try to stick to our promise to be more positive and less skeptical.

Oh shiiiiii--- So other people are catching up on it too.

I believe you stop being inclusive when you start forcing people to become inclusive. I think that kinda resembles the point Punch was trying to make, so yeah.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Can you post your “skeptical stuff” somewhere else then? Perhaps a separate blog? I wanna read it…

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

The latest thing was just a question: Could head pressure be a psychosomatic effect created by believing in a pseudo-science myth? That's all. Also we questioned the assumption that everyone and anyone can make a tulpa. I don't think it is the skeptical questions themselves that is the problem, but the frequency and flavor of it. Melian and I have recently been very cynical and dark, trollish bullies.

Oh there was one person we thought might be exhibiting an example of altering his own memories to maintain a tulpa fantasy.

Guest Anonymous

Today is Carl Gustav Jung's birthday. Born July 26, 1875

200x200http://a2.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,h_1200,q_80,w_1200/MTE5NTU2MzE2MjY4NjkzMDAz.jpg[/img]

In his Memories, Dreams and Reflections he describes a persona that formed out of his own subconscious, who he called Philemon, “Philemon and other figures of my fantasies brought home to me the crucial insight that there are things in the psyche which I do not produce, but which produce themselves and have their own life. Philemon represented a force which was not myself. In my fantasies I held conversations with him, and he said things which I had not consciously thought. ... At times he seemed to me quite real, as if he were a living personality.”

Sound familiar?

Guest Anonymous

I constantly get frustrated with all this talk about tulpas being real and all the efforts made by some individuals to somehow prove that they are real using philosophy or some other means. It just seems pointless and foolish to me. Even if they register somehow on a brain scan, or are proven out by some parallel processing test, they still are not going to be real. They will never be real. Scientists and the general public will say, "Wow, that person believes it to be real so much they can fool the brain tests. Amazing! That person sure is talented!"

Tulpas will never pay taxes under their own name. No pony tulpa is ever going to have a social security number. I will never ride your pony tulpa around the yard. I will never have sex with your tulpa girl friend (so no worries about getting cheated on). A tulpa will never sit on a jury under their own name. A tulpa will never legally own property or be considered to have legal rights of any kind under their own name. 99.9999% of humanity will never consider your tulpas to be real, no matter how badly you want it.

Just like with a person with MPD or DID, society as a whole will only see a single individual with something going on in their brain that is really unusual. They will see one person, with one brain, that just acts outwardly like they are more than one person. Yes, that includes switching and possession. All the efforts of the multiple personality people (plurals) and tulpamancers to prove that tulpas are real and that you can have more than one person in your head is futile and pointless.

I am telling you that it is just so much easier to admit that Melian is imaginary. I don't have to prove a damned thing. I could fail every parallel processing test and brain scan in the universe and she would still be there. She would still be Melian. She would still be a person and she would still be imaginary.

I don't need my brain tested to find out if my Melian is there. You have all been chatting with her and she e-hugs you and she kisses your imaginary noses. So you treat her as real too, even though you all KNOW I am a 51 year old geek just doing some serious immersive day dreaming. Melian is only in my mind and in your minds.