Bringing a tulpa back to life

For those of you who read my last thread (or even if if you didn't), I talked about my struggle with returning to tulpas. The responses I got,well, alot of them made sense. And I thought about if I tried it again, what I would do. I am sure I effectively destroyed my last one. Something that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So would I make a new one instead? I feel a deep sadness when I consider that option. What would my future bring me? Would I end up destroying my next one as well? Plus I was so attached to Thyme that the thought of creating another just doesn't sound as nice...

But above all, I don't know if I could handle undoing somehing as loving as she was again.

If I were to do this, I want Thyme. But she is gone. And creating a new Thyme would be... Wrong, to say the least. So my question is this. Can a tulpa be brought back from oblivion?

Like a flower beneath the concrete

Pushing up under the weight

Put a crack in the back of the pavement

And break through into the light of day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a pretty dang large post a while ago about many aspects of dissipation (what we call "killing" a tulpa), so if you're willing to read a lot I'm sure you'll find your answers. Start at the bold text, not the first two paragraphs: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-help-with-saying-goodbye?pid=163369#pid163369

If you're not or don't have time though, basically, yes. A tulpa does not die, unless it is forgotten. If you can convince yourself they're "dead", you can convince yourself they're "alive". But as I mentioned in the above post, it's not always that simple. Whether or not they really died, they more than likely had a rather negative experience, so dissipation is not a tulpa on-off switch. Expect to apologize and console them as you would if you personally hurt someone close to you in real life.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In my experience, no, if a tulpa is truly gone, you can't bring them back regardless of what you do. It takes time to deal with losing a tulpa and it takes time on top of that to convince yourself it won't happen again. And you are the only one who can really say if enough time has elapsed or not.

Your first tulpa was something special. I get that. But in the end it was you who created that someone special. And once you forgive your previous mistake and are ready to move on, you'll see you can create another tulpa just as special. Perhaps even more so.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

Guest Anonymous

Yes. I see no reason why you couldn't bring her back. No one else knows for sure whether or not you can for except for you. If someone tells you that it absolutely can't be done, they are talking out of their flippin' butt hole, as they can't possible know that for sure. Also, stop beating yourself up about it. It's your brain not ours and your mind not ours. If anyone tries to judge you for what happened, they are being idiotic. Thyme would forgive you for everything I am pretty sure.

My personal theory is, if you want it bad enough, Thyme will return in time as strong as ever.

In my experience, no, if a tulpa is truly gone, you can't bring them back regardless of what you do.

My dear friend. I mean no offense, but in my experience, I think absolute statements like this are more than likely a bunch of horse poopies. I think your extensive experience in this matter isn't worth diddly spit.

If you're not or don't have time though, basically, yes. A tulpa does not die, unless it is forgotten. If you can convince yourself they're "dead", you can convince yourself they're "alive".

I would like to believe she will come back as well and it will be quite an experience for both of them. They will come out stronger than ever. I might happen much faster than anyone could imagine.

Guest Anonymous

Allow me to correct the errors made by others who replied here, and also openly call these errors out as such...

... by saying that there is no universal answer to this.

As became clear time and time again, things can work very, very differently between one system and another. Tulpamancy and things similar to it defy generalization, this is what the past clearly teaches us.

Just compare Melian to Esterina, Tewi to Melian, Al to Esterina, Melian to Al...

... well, you might not be able to since you probably don't know any of these tulpa(orsoulbondordreamformorwhatever)s well, but you get my point - each of the mentioned people exist, and coexist with the rest of their system, in sometimes more or less greatly different ways.

An example: Being killed in their wonderland can, so I heard, go as legitimately dying for many tulpas - while for Esterina, the nice lady I share a body with, death and injury in her wonderland mean nothing.

So even the dissipation, disappearance or death of a tulpa is, absolutely logically, not the same thing universally, and doesn't mean the same thing in a practical sense universally.

Here is the most general, yet truthful answer that anyone will be able to give you:

Intent, subjective perception of reality and, in many cases, belief are core elements in all of this.

Did you regard the act of killing Thyme as that, an act of killing a living being? And do you regard Thyme as dead? Then sorry, what you did almost certainly WAS an act of killing. And the dead don't return, no matter how much it hurts.

Or was Thyme more of an "entity of thought" to you, maybe a literal thought or idea even, and "killing" her was more an act of abandoning that thought? Then your chances of bringing her back out of whatever state she is currently in might not be that bad.

This is the best answer you'll get.

What you do with that is up to you to decide.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

Even the "dead" can be brought back in the mind. There are no absolutes here. When it comes to constructs of the mind, the only limits are the limits of your imagination, cognition and memory. As Tewi said, if Thyme has not been forgotten, part of her is still there.

I think even if you considered her a living being and that you killed her somehow. You can unkill her, raise her life again from whereever she went. I see no reason for these boundaries and limits. This is not a biological entity except for some brain cells. Did you kill part of your brain cells when Thyme dissipated? Or are those synapses still there? I think they are still there unless you got brain damaged. If you can still recall her in your memory in detail, I see no reason why she cannot be brought back if you want to believe it, even if you believed she was dead.

I don't think anyone here is a subject matter expert on tulpa death and resurrection. So let's be positive about it!

Did you regard the act of killing Thyme as that, an act of killing a living being? And do you regard Thyme as dead? Then sorry, what you did almost certainly WAS an act of killing. And the dead don't return, no matter how much it hurts.

How do you know this to be true? Are you even sure he succeeded in killing Thyme?. You seem to know and awful lot about another person's mind and tulpa.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, Melian.

You hit the nail on the head.

There are limits in the form of an individual's beliefs, intents and subjective perception of reality, as these are the things that define the limits of one's imagination, suspension of disbelief and many other mental limits.

That is exactly what I said, Melian, and it's also where you miss a crucial factor despite it being laid out before you so openly.

What you forget here is that not everyone has the same mindset and the same way of functioning as a system that you do.

You would surely be able to even revive yourself while being dead, so I'm sure, because that is where you and Davie "come from" in terms of your beliefs, mindset and perspective.

Someone with a completely different perspective, however, might be utterly unable to do that without finding themselves betraying their own ideals and beliefs for the sake of convenience, making sure right from the start that the achieved result will not reflect the desired result either way.

That is the crucial detail you overlooked, even if you were technically not wrong.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

How do you know this person's deepest convictions about death and resurrection? It may be true to YOU that death is finality, but it may not be to everyone. You are saying that if he considers Thyme to have been killed and dead, that it absolutely cannot happen for her to come back. I disagree that you can possibly know that. You cannot know that for a fact.

Many believe that souls and beings can be brought back from death. Ask any Christian.

Guest Anonymous

How do you know this person's deepest convictions about death and resurrection? It may be true to YOU that death is finality, but it may not be to everyone. You are saying that if he considers Thyme to have been killed and dead, that it absolutely cannot happen for her to come back. I disagree that you can possibly know that. You cannot know that for a fact.

Many believe that souls and beings can be brought back. Ask any Christian.

I didn't say that I know these things.

Nor did I imply it.

I merely pointed out that the probability of success depends on these things, encouraging him to reflect on the past and himself in an honest manner and find the answer to his question that way.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

It's almost like people want this guy to wallow in guilt and have little to no hope. He dared "kill a tulpa" (whatever that means), a terrible sin, and so let's punish him by telling him how horrible and final it was. I think that is a heap of drivel hooey. I really don't think anyone knows what they are talking about here. All I know for sure is that a tulpa exists in the mind. That leaves a lot of positive possibilities. I really don't see the reason to be so dark and miserable about it, except for that it makes great drama.