What does a vocal tulpa sound like?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How does a host with a sentient, vocal tulpa experience the tulpa's voice? Does it sound like a thought, a voice in front of or behind you, or ...?

[Original post deleted at the request of the poster. To preserve discussion on this topic, an alternate post has been provided asking about the same thing. -mod]

There are some gradiations concerning a Tulpa's voice.

When a Tulpa gets vocal, there is no auditory component to it. It is sending you thoughts, a "mental voice" as it is called here. It feels as though someone is impregnating your layer of thought - hard to describe.

After a Tulpa has reached the mental voice, it will slowly develop an auditory component, which will sound very generic, silent and monotone. Like someone is speaking through a walkie-talkie. At this point you can either let it develop on itself or actively modify it. It will gain the ability to modulate its voice and make it sound emotional. A Tulpa in such an early stage might not be able to hit all the notes when it is singing.

When a Tulpa is fully developed (considered the desirable outcome for people on this board) the auditory hallucination will be indistinguishable from the environment, and sound just as real as the voice of an existing person.

EDIT: Completely forgot that the mental voice is internal. After some time you will be able to hear it internalized on one or both ears, or externalized like a human.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

From the experiences I have had, it is internal and prominent. I heard a full sentence, and although it was probably a fluke (through some kind of gap in my mind filtering system or what have you) for someone at my stage in the development cycle, it was very clear and very distinguished from my own head voice. It was unmistakably from my own head, and it interrupted my other thoughts. It was surreal and amazing, but since it hasn't happened again at that magnitude I would have to say it was a fluke for me, but I can't really imagine any way it could be better at a fully vocal voice.

As for the regular voices, they have been quiet. Like if you were thinking, you would miss them. They seem undirected and they don't have their own voice... as Bluesleeve was saying, it's very generic and silent. Very very easy to mistake as your own head voice.

My advice for when you get to this stage- any thought that was certainly yours, was yours. Everything else was either random head chatter or your tulpa. No if's or but's, no thinking "that was probably me". If it wasn't you for sure, then it was your tulpa.

frt

On the subject of this...I'm no stranger to totally random thoughts that make no sense or have no place in the current context.

So.

If a tulpa's early voice is quiet, nigh indistinguishable from my own head-voice.....how do I tell what's her and what's me?

Additionally, if I can accidentally speak over her in my head, will I not be narrating over the top of her, since I'm doing such roughly 24/7...

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Malix, try to think of it as more distinguishing your own head voice from the voices you hear but aren't sure whose is whose.

You're own head voice is clear and familiar. If you think and you're not sure whose idea or thought it was, then it can't have you entirely you, now can it?

frt

Would it sound like a thought in my head?

very clear and very distinguished from my own head voice

You're own head voice is clear and familiar.

Wait a second here, are you supposed to already have a mindvoice?

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

I know my thoughts are very loud. ...Sometimes I even find moving my own tongue inside my mouth like I'm saying the words.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Wait a second here, are you supposed to already have a mindvoice?

When you consciously think. Like you're talking inside your own head. You probably just did it while reading this sentence.

Malix, try to think of it as more distinguishing your own head voice from the voices you hear but aren't sure whose is whose.

You're own head voice is clear and familiar. If you think and you're not sure whose idea or thought it was, then it can't have you entirely you, now can it?

Thoughts enter my head completely on their own already, and have done for all of my life.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.