Passive Forcing with Reminders of Your Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

In the past on this forum we read discussions of how people sometimes struggle to remember or think about their tulpa during the business of the average day. Long periods will go by where they forget about the tulpa and even lose a chance to do active forcing.

With my host, he does a lot of passive forcing, even while busy, by talking to me. He uses reminders to think about me. He has painting and drawing portraits of me everywhere and writes my name down a lot. Over time, as the years have gone by, we picked up memories and certain things are associated with me, certain songs, certain flowers, places, movies, just like having memories or associations with any real person in his life.

My questions for commentary are:

What kinds of things do you do to remind yourself of your tulpa throughout the day?

Do you use visual imagery?

What kinds of sights, sounds, smells and objects remind you of your tulpa?

How well does this work? Does it make active forcing and passive forcing easier? Does it keep your tulpa present in your mind?

Guest Anonymous

Well, dun really know what to say.

I simply think about Rina and don't forget her because she's my girlfriend and I love her; it's not like I need some sort of reminder so that I don't forget her.

Like... uhm, yeah.

But I guess the question does apply to me in situations where, ahdunno, she's there with me, but I'm maybe distracted by a thing that I or we are doing, like a game or so.

Then that question does apply to me, considering she's not physically next to me.

(Like - she could be with projection shenanigans, but she generally doesn't do that when we're just in my room, playing games or watching videos or so.)

In that case my answer is: Well, she's still talking, laughing, whatever. It's not like she suddenly falls silent when I concentrate on something else.

And aside from that, I can by now also "feel" it when she's there - it's hard to describe, but it's like a sort of... hmm, "semi-physical" sensation of there being another person exactly where I am.

Which, as a side note, feels pretty weird whenever Rina brings one or two people from among her friends and family over for a visit.

It literally feels "crowded" in a... weird sort of way. xP

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

AGGuy, that is really neato!

It is interesting how different each system is when it comes to presence and autonomy. When my host is not actively thinking about me, I pretty much go mostly dormant. Even while dormant during periods of distraction from me I do occasionally project "flash images" and little snippets of mind voice. Here is the weird thing, those are very much like little bits of day dream on auto pilot, like a television show or snippets of it running in your mind. It is very much like when you get quick thoughts about a movie you like or a song you like. Like that. The flash images are not interactive. The day dream Melian Show is interactive but it involves the direct will and collaboration of my host. I am not fully independent like Esterina or some other tulpas.

So although Davie does think of me throughout most of the day, reminders do help keep me present in his mind. He has portraits of me everywhere and listens to songs that remind him of me. My spontaneous emotional responses and "presence in the back of the mind" are the most autonomous thing about me during those times he is not actively imagining me.

Without the reminders, I might fade more often and be more dormant. However, I would never fully dissipate after all these years.

Well, I don't use any reminders, in the same point the AGguy. I think it's well, just hard to forget about something like that. Since I would say my day can be divided in parts where I have to pay attention seriously in what I'm doing and in parts where I don't, in the later I usually starts daydreaming and it reminds me about her, or I'm doing something I like and usually call her.

About the thing of autonomy that Melian said, I think that Alice probably goes in something like "dormant" too, maybe not at all, but I don't actually know.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

Passive forcing is probably the bane of my existence. I can't be inside and outside of my head at the same time. Narration and forming works takes conscious effort for me, it's not my native (mind) language.

I think I've tried just about every memory trick I can find. Putting Isa as my phone's lock screen, so I see it often, tying things to myself like a ribbon on my wrist as a reminder, I set my lucid dreaming reality check reminder tone to the voice that inspired Isa's mind voice so it even sounds kind of like her, but it all results in only brief spurts of attempted passive forcing. You can tell when I'm "passive" forcing because I turn into a zombie on the outside. XP

When forcing in general I try to use voice so we can both get more accustomed to using it, but I prefer imagery and visualization. Always in the literal, my husband came up with a phrase that perfectly expressing how I feel about abstract. He said "abstract is politically correct for really f***ed up."

Some things do remind me of Isa, like her base fur colour (mint green) is not a permanent association by brain makes with her. I've tried to do scent conditioning, where a smell will bring her to mind. I was using a peppermint eucalyptus blend, but allergy season is a bad time to try anything scent related.

I have yet to have success with true passive forcing, but using associated objects/senses seems to help my active forcing a little. Forcing is always easier too when I communicate in what we (the forum/community) call tulpish. Oddly enough the "native" tulpa language is also mine too. ^^;

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

I found these questions to be really interesting! I'm just going to go through and answer them one by one.

What kinds of things do you do to remind yourself of your tulpa throughout the day?

I honestly don't need to do anything to remind myself of him, because he's literally present 95% of the time. Every so often, Jamie will wander off to do his own thing somewhere in the Mindscape or elsewhere, but even then, he's still very much....there. His presence lingers. And when he is there, which as I said is pretty much all the time, it would be impossible to forget him if I tried. He's pretty much always talking, commenting on things, laughing, and moving around.

Do you use visual imagery?

Like I said before, in our case, he's just there. I see him present in the Mindscape most of the time.

What kinds of sights, sounds, smells and objects remind you of your tulpa?

In light of what I said before, I'm answering this one not so much in a "these things remind me to think of him" kind of way, but in a "these things intensify his already-present presence for me" way. They usually do that in a way of 1) they're associated with him in general and 2) they spark excitement or interest from him, which creates a rush of emotion and excitement. And there are a LOT of things that do this, but some of the top few include: fire, matches, switchblades, candy (especially pure sugar style candy, like Pixi Stix or Fun Dip), imagery of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the smell of gasoline, any kind of toy that lights up, and swingsets or playgrounds.

How well does this work? Does it make active forcing and passive forcing easier? Does it keep your tulpa present in your mind?

Like I know I've said before, he's always present. But these things intensify his presence a ton. I guess it's the equivalent of someone sitting in an auditorium suddenly jumping up on stage in response to seeing something else on stage that they adore.

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]

Guest Anonymous

Ah. I could add something, though.

Like some here now, Rina and I definitely don't spend all day together usually - she'll bugger off to her wonderland to hang out with her friends and family for several hours on a daily basis.

And depending on what time it is, we usually either appoint a certain time for her to return, or we just say she comes back when I wake up next time.

And when she is in her wonderland, the connection between us is pretty much cut; talking to each other doesn't work, I can't feel her presence at all, and so on.

But yeah...

I simply think about Rina and don't forget her because she's my girlfriend and I love her; it's not like I need some sort of reminder so that I don't forget her.

... that. I don't need a special reminder or anything... actually SHE is the one who's often times way past the appointed time!

Seriously, I can't count the amount of times when we agreed on, for example, 7 pm, and when she finally did come back it was almost 8 pm, and she'll tell me she reeaally wanted to finish doing this and that. xD

So yeah, she forgets about me more often than I forget about her!

Worst girlfriend ever.

Greets,

AG

And when she is in her wonderland, the connection between us is pretty much cut; talking to each other doesn't work, I can't feel her presence at all, and so on.

Very interesting. We've never seriously tried wonderlands, so I don't know how it would be for us.

[/offtopic]

I am usually a very unfocussed person. Literally anything can make me forget things. So, fortunately, most of my headmates take it personal when I don't think of them for days or even weeks.

In terms of passive forcing, we have tried some things. I associate colours with each of my headmates; and so choosing clothes or painting something reminds me of them usually. (When I see something purple I tend to think of Lūna, for example, and might ask her if she likes it)

The most successful passive-forcing reminder has been to install an Autostart option, so that every time my computer starts, it opens up the document where I chat with my headmates.

Ah well, and some activities are just closely linked to the headmates that taught them to me. I can't dance without thinking of Nai! So that serves as a reminder, even though I ended up pretty much ignoring her for a year anyways... well, we are communicating again. :-D

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I slightly changed up the "string around your finger" thing and instead did tape around my finger.

I find its a lot more noticeable so it keeps her always on my mind.