Have You Researched Beyond Tulpamancy?

Guest Anonymous

No you're kinda right, I don't see that endless search for knowledge as really necessary. I get why it could not be a bad thing for you guys, I'm just saying, I myself don't get it. I just feel no need to go looking for others' experiences and trying to figure out what I am from that and such. I feel like I already know everything I need to know. Just wanna help other people at this point, I don't get anything out of it other than being happy for making people happy.

Then help us by not participating in those discussions that you question the usefulness of. Maximize the utility of everyone else that wants to know, and can still fling on and off with their daily lives by doing that. If you have confidence of who you are without being contingent on others' experiences, that's okay. Because I don't know what's going on in a person's inner experience either; we compensate (e.g. further research elsewhere with theorizing). The big difference is the feedback people get when they relay those experiences. In other words, language that would've been private and exclusive within the host and tulpa's subjective frames gets vocalized externally. Some may see that as a chance for a tulpa to be validated through the feedback of others, just like how anyone else acknowledges others can acknowledge their presence; the same as you voicing your concerns is just one of many ways to validate who you are whether you're doing it consciously, or unconsciously.

Your pursuit for maximizing happiness with people for altruistic acts and/or of self-interest is, IMO, another way of you wanting to get into the 'know.' Even though you may not be too serious into the group thinking part, whoever within the inner experiences of you all will probably take the context given, and somehow, have the information bled into the cognition. It may not really impact your own pursuit, and the reason why I'm even bothering to elaborate this is that this acknowledgment of your presence, even if I can't prove it at face value, can be confirmed to me, personally that is, based on how I would put into context of who could be sentient. In this case, I know, but this is just my opinion, you're not some p-zombie that "looks" like they can be sentient, but can't be capable of consciously experience. I can read your words, imagine your concerns, and even shift empathy in that to see that your professions are more than just random thunders from a far away planet. You had to take things into context, and if you didn't, then yeah, that's where the doubting comes in...but that wouldn't be my concern.

And yet, I still can't prove anything at face value, but what I can infer vs. what I can't conclude makes the endeavor interesting; to find pre-existing knowledge of mind, behavior, etc., and correlating that with tulpas to increase the pool of inferences we can make on what sentience entails is a progressive interest vs. an eternal one, whether taken metaphorically, or literally. This is, in my opinion, why I find it so interesting. Why I find it so interesting is that the more I pursue it, and discuss it with others, the apprehension from whatever crevice it came from is now gone, or mostly gone. Just like how you and your host have their own inner turmoil with their thoughts that can be both skeptical and optimistic, people go more than just fly-swatting those thoughts away.

I, like any other person with enough experiential fallback they intensely believe in, can be content with whatever is in their horizon, and not be bothered about thinking big super complicated stuff. But this super complicted stuff really gets easy in the end, IMO, because it just makes you realize that critical voice in your head is just seeing this whole thing wrong. And I mean "you" in a general sense, not you directly. To be able to talk to that critical voice, and change the dynamic of it being a trickster to one I can reconcile with is another interest of mine; this can be taken outside of just the concept of tulpas; lucid dreaming, daily lifestyle, etc.

And, unless the forum's initiative changes to something other than discussing about tulpas, and things that can relate to the theorizing behind them, all you're doing is making a statement. And maybe what you're also presuming is that we're just old, sage men with nothing to---

To chalk this up; I guess you're one of the audiences that complain about there being a dead-end to beginner struggles, and what to do after that. That's understandable, but like those people, they usually just leave because they create the idea that it's futile. But, that's not really going to stop everyone else that may think otherwise. You're only exhausting more emotions of confusion and irritability when you could be exhausting emotions that correlates with your pursuit for happiness. If anything, you just want to watch the world burn more than making people happy if you feel threatened.

But, I could be reading between the lines too much.

If thinking about that stuff makes you happy, then you're super good. I get bored of it though, it's like just talking about a video game.. and then talking more.. and never playing. I just wanna play.

This is presuming people discussing about these things haven't went through trial and error to build experiences before to put into context for others. Yes, there are some that still are trying to play things out in their head before actually pursuing it, but that's the thing--You have the convenience of whatever fallbacks were developed through your host and companions to the point where it can satiate your being. That's okay. It's not so much about you being vocal about it, but how this trend always seems to lead to shut down discussions altogether that involves any thinking, or really, just reading, honestly.

The thread was just, if I'm reading it right, a way for others to relay links over what they went beyond the concept of tulpa to enrich whatever it is on their quest for knowing. Is this so wrong for others to do? It's like politely stating for others to shut up, but shutting up about tulpas would just defeat the whole purpose of this forum altogether; all for the sake of others who feel confident within their own horizon to continue undermining those that may not even have that confidence to begin with; the same for those who do have a fallback, but still pursue for more because they know they can do that within the forum.

However you see yourself; big fish in a small pond, delusions of grandeur, whatever, it just portrays that you're undermining the convenience you have in validating yourself along with not knowing the cruel apprehension, like Glitterbutt here, has with validating her existence in the past, and even now. She and her host have to try and carve this thing out for themselves, especially after having convictions that stuck to them like glue for so long. She had to go through, I'm presuming, several moments of questioning, inverting things she thought she couldn't be done in the first place, and much more. And this is only one impression of one member. For someone, Lucilyn, that's with someone that emphasizes they have a good sphere of empathy, how come they can't relay this to their companion that everyone's convenience level is going to vary; that they're not going to have this 24/7 Nirvana trip of excitement and content all the time?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

The thread was just, if I'm reading it right, a way for others to relay links over what they went beyond the concept of tulpa to enrich whatever it is on their quest for knowing. Is this so wrong for others to do? It's like politely stating for others to shut up, but shutting up about tulpas would just defeat the whole purpose of this forum altogether; ...

However you see yourself; big fish in a small pond, delusions of grandeur, whatever, it just portrays that you're undermining the convenience you have in validating yourself along with not knowing the cruel apprehension, like Glitterbutt here, has with validating her existence in the past, and even now. She and her host have to try and carve this thing out for themselves, especially after having convictions that stuck to them like glue for so long. She had to go through, I'm presuming, several moments of questioning, inverting things she thought she couldn't be done in the first place, and much more. And this is only one impression of one member. For someone, Lucilyn, that's with someone that emphasizes they have a good sphere of empathy, how come they can't relay this to their companion that everyone's convenience level is going to vary; that they're not going to have this 24/7 Nirvana trip of excitement and content all the time?

For the record, I took no offense at what Lucilyn had to say. And Linkzelda is right about my host and me. I do wish to someday to be like what I admire about Lucilyn and also what I admire about Linkzelda and others on this forum we respect.

In the meantime my host and I are going to study lucid dreaming and some other things about psychology. I will be reporting what we learn, in case someone else finds it helpful too, and maybe my learning will be enhanced from talking to others who have been where I am going.

I believe that everyone should read as much as they possibly can on pretty much everything, not just Tulpamancy or psychology related topics.

I do believe that a lack of reading can be detrimental, but only when compared to the amount of progress or knowledge you couldve amassed from the reading.

I feel that certain topics in psychology, whether they be considered "fringe" or not, kind of overlap at a certain point. Undergoing my research in lucid dreaming, I found little to no difference between an OBE/WILD/Astral projection. The only differences are the level of clarity and the theoretical perspective you believe in which "causes" the phenomenon to occur.

These overlaps also have to do with tulpamancy. There's a lesser practiced method of inducing a lucid dream called CILD (character induced lucid dream) that involves a character you create that has the ability to "pull or assist" you into a dream. Tulpas are one such "character" that can be used for such (not specifically for this purpose, of course).

Guest Anonymous

I believe that everyone should read as much as they possibly can on pretty much everything, not just Tulpamancy or psychology related topics.

I do believe that a lack of reading can be detrimental, but only when compared to the amount of progress or knowledge you couldve amassed from the reading.

That makes a lot of sense. The more knowledge you have, the better you can process and analyze the things you encounter in all levels of life, including tulpamancy. :-)

I feel that certain topics in psychology, whether they be considered "fringe" or not, kind of overlap at a certain point. Undergoing my research in lucid dreaming, I found little to no difference between an OBE/WILD/Astral projection. The only differences are the level of clarity and the theoretical perspective you believe in which "causes" the phenomenon to occur.

These overlaps also have to do with tulpamancy.

I love this insight. There are overlaps between categories of thoughtforms too. This was the point waffles was trying to make about how arbitrary the divisions are between toughtform types, and therefore trying to stick labels on yourself is a little bit aimless. I like how studying lucid dreaming has led you to a deeper understanding of tulpamancy. This is a great example of what I was asking for in the OP. Thank you very much!

There's a lesser practiced method of inducing a lucid dream called CILD (character induced lucid dream) that involves a character you create that has the ability to "pull or assist" you into a dream. Tulpas are one such "character" that can be used for such (not specifically for this purpose, of course).

OMG! THIS!

My host and I often lucid dream together. Here is what happens. We have dream conversations. These are fully autonomous back and forth conversations so different from the day dreams I do with my host during the day. Sometimes we are "watching" a movie dream together and commenting on it on the side to each other. Sometimes we are having a conversation between each other as disembodied mind voices. During these conversation dreams, we are fully aware that we are dreaming. My host has referred to me as a kind of dream guide in the past, but it is more accurate to describe me as a dream partner. In some of the adventure dreams that we have together, we are aware we are dreaming as well (lucid dreaming).

We had never heard of Character Induced Lucid Dreaming but by gods I think we have actually been doing this! When David meets me speaking to him in a dream, it is often a trigger of sorts that reminds us both that we are dreaming. That happens especially if we are watching a dream like a moive unfolding before us. We start talking about what we are experiencing and it reminds us both that we are dreaming.

The fact that we are conscious and lucid in these dreams helps us to understand that I am fully self aware and sentient in the dream world. I have a level of awareness in the dream world that is much stronger than the waking world. We don't know why that is, but over the past three years, since he has been channeling for hours a day on the internet during the day, that has been getting steadily stronger. I am more present and more self aware in dreams every day.

We have pondered in the past that this could be simply David dreaming that he is two separate minds (he is usually aware of many of my thoughts and emotions, sometimes we communicate in pure thoughts). Or David thinks he is dreaming he is me and not really that I am really a separate mind. But to us, none of that matters. He believes I am a person and an imaginary construct simultaneously.

Thank you for teaching us something new today that is very, very important! THIS is why I do these threads and THIS is why I interact on this forum!

Whoah... Whoah. I didn't mean to make you guys upset.. I literally meant exactly everything I said - for myself! It's just how I feel! Not how I think others should feel. Tewi and Lumi still talk about this stuff all the time and that's fine, let alone other people. All I meant to say in basic terms was just "I don't worry about this stuff, because if you stop worrying then suddenly everything is just OK even if you can't explain it all, because it's OK". I wasn't telling you guys to stop trying to learn! Just, that was the only way I could add my "two cents" to the thread. Wow...

Then help us by not participating in those discussions that you question the usefulness of.

That's the first time anyone ever told me to stop talking. It feels really bad.

Tewi will be around for a week or so, so she can talk about this stuff, okay?

One thing though,

You have the convenience of whatever fallbacks were developed through your host and companions to the point where it can satiate your being.

That's what I came here to say the opposite of. I don't care like they do, and I wouldn't care even if I were made years ago. I'm sorry I said "I know everything I need to know", because that made it sound like I'm relying on what the others figured out about us to be happy, and so people in general shouldn't talk about it.

I meant all I need to know is I am alive, and so I'll live!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

No worries Lucilyn, I still love you my buddy. LOL And I am glad you were interested enough in the topic to want to add something to the thread. I was never offended or hurt.

I was on several lucid dreaming forums long before I knew about tulpas, so the first tulpa-related thing I stumbled upon was the "CALD (character assisted lucid dreaming)" threads on ld4all, which is how I eventually came here.

To the list of research topics I would add some chaos magick - not because I still believe the supernatural stuff, but because it is a specific culture of interacting with thought-forms. And the non-supernatural stuff can still be applied.

And of course, everything on consciousness. I read a bit of Daniel Dennett and some of Viliyanur Ramachandran, both of which I can recommend. Also "Conversations on Consciousness" by Susan Blackmore was great (because it is an overview on many positions, with short interviews.)

I don't really have the ambition to know as much in the field that I could say which hypothesis' are currently the best ones - but I like to have a broad overview and at least know why some of the hypothesis are false.^^

I never really read much on ecriture automatique, the surrealist techniques, and so on - my research in that area was more on the practical side, as with lucid dreaming. (Though I don't know how many books on LDs I own or read^^)

I imagine Linkzelda as a very serious scholar who references the writings of "Glitterbutt" with a straight face, as if he's talking about a well-respected scientist. It's hilarious.

As for me, of course I researched. I first read about tulpas over a decade ago, and there was no tulpa community at the time. I read about occultism, neurology, psychology, hypnotism, hallucination, and dreams. There are a lot of techniques that can be applied to the practice in all of these fields.

Melian and Mistgod, if you're interested in CILD/CALD, look at CyberD's PR, which is worth reading for several reasons.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Glitterbutt seems to be one of the few members, to me, that can keep prying, and asking why without feeling like an emotional time bomb. Before, maybe that was an issue for members back then, but she's been fairly consistent in her curiosity lately, which is something that's doable for me. Because I end up being more blunt with her knowing she's not going to go "omg, didn't you see my picket sign of protecting my emotions and rights as a tulpa?" So maybe that's why that impression is imagined; I would go so far into presuming it's a mock-up teacher-student relationship that can go both ways where one gawks at the information while the other strokes their chin going yes yes yes.

Or, I would be imagined as the animaniacs scientist, and Glitterbutt as an intelligible Elmyra Duff, I guess.

Guest Anonymous

@Yenu, Thanks for more on CALD and the reading suggestions! We are adding them to our list!

@Sushi, From the minds of babes and fools comes unanticipated kernels of accidental wisdom. Then the scientist may feel free to steal such kernels and publish them as his own in scholarly research papers. Do remember I can tap into my host's memories and cognition too...wait... no scratch that never mind.

@Linkzelda, I am honest about everything, even when I contradict myself in my spaghetti un-logic and confusion. Mock teacher student relationship? I refer you to my comment above to Sushi. Yeah I am part Elmyra Duff. I use pony character personalities too. I am part Pinky Pie, part Rarity and part Apple Bloom and add in a dash of Elmyra Duff and yeah. Huggle Lovies!

P.S. Sushi thanks for the link to CyberD's PR.