CGP Grey's you are two video

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed that the communities have caught onto this video, mainly because it doesn't really give you any real information.

All it does is tell you the symptoms of what's actually called a Corpus Callosotomy, then the author of the video goes on to personify the hemispheres and act as if they're Tom and Jerry, which does make for a humorous video, but he doesn't actually give you any reasons for the symptoms AT ALL!

What's even worse is that nobody in the communities seems to want to come out and say this! People want to talk theory, and talk about the situation, but nobody actually seems to want to look into it.

Here are a few links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_callosotomy

http://revistapesquisa.fapesp.br/en/2014/06/18/bridge-hemispheres/

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/np/2012/838672/

This has nothing to do with Tulpamancy. The only reason people think it does is because of the wording of the author of the video and his need to indulge himself through the publication of a wacky and zany, blow your mind science video!

TL;DR

The author of said video makes the whole thing way more dramatic than what it actually is. Read up.

I have no idea why this video is so popular all of a sudden. Are people pretending it means something to them? He wasn't talking about the average human mind, he was theorizing based on a rare brain condition. Nobody has the tools to know what they're talking about here.

Two halves of your brain aren't two people. They're two halves of one person. Even if they were, they'd be two incomplete people. That has nothing at all to do with tulpas. Even in other multiplicity/plural communities the relation is questionable.

That animus/anima stuff is more relevant to tulpas than this.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don't know why Melian's post was removed and I don't really care. I wrote this reply right after she posted it and then completely forgot to post it, so I'm doing that now. She just said it was fun to think about, and that her anima/animus thread was relevant to tulpas.

I have nothing against Grey, the like three videos of his I've seen were pretty good. I've been seeing this one everywhere, though. It's interesting but it doesn't seem relevant to anything practical, but people are treating it like it is. As things are, my brain-halves tend to work together seamlessly.

It's literally impossible to really bother me, and as far as I'm concerned I understand everyone just fine. You guys have never bothered us in the past. And yeah, your anima/animus can be related to your tulpa(s) in a lot of ways and probably is, but at no point is it your tulpa. That's not really how that works.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Apparently my post was useless banter. From now on, I will weave my humorous banter into my on topic dialogue. People cannot really censor personalities or how I structure sentences and how I present on topic ideas. Someone is simply challenging me to be creative with my posts. Hold on to your butts then for my future discourse! <--needless sentence! -gasp-

I agree that the anima is not your tulpa, simply because Carl Jung saw the anima as symbolic personification of an unconscious process, not as a real independent entity or separate mind. I fancy myself as my host's anima more because it is fun to do so than because I really think I am literally his anima.

As far as the CG Grey's split brain video is concerned, I agree that it isn't directly related to how tulpas work. However, it does illustrate how different physical parts of the brain can function independently from one another. Tulpas are not located in a specific part of the brain, like a separate brain of their own, but it does present evidence that what the host considers the self may be more of a composite of multiple selves in a symbiotic relationship. It is at least evidence that multiple operating minds within a single brain is physiological possible and may already exist in our brains anyways.

P.S. Also, the video was neato and that is why we liked it.

The more I read into this video the more I disliked it, despite liking CGPGrey. He fails to provide any sources, which is annoying. He implies that these people are always split, and while perhaps they are, he fails to mention that these people live normal lives and never encounter any problems except in these controlled experiments (of which grey's was a bad example) where the patient is asked to stare at a dot on a screen, and then images or words briefly flash to the left or right of the dot.

However this is mostly a problem with his wording. He does pose an interesting question about whether there are effectively two conciousnesses in one body. If they cannot communicate internally and can have different decisions, I think there are two-in-one. But then of course there is the question of whether this applies to healthy brains. Can either half have independant thoughts?

To me what makes sense is the analogy of a computer cluster: Many computers interconnected that can work together to complete a task. If the cluster is split, you now have two separate, less powerful clusters. The cluster is defined by its close interconnections and cooperation. If the criteria of cooperation is removed, then all of the internet and all of society is one big cluster.

This video has shown that pieces of a brain act in a similar way. Therefor I would conclude that individual conciousnesses(?) are counted by the fact that they are separated. People who have the corpus collawhatver removed do become two people working very closely together, and if it could be put back, they would become one again.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc