Can Other People Sense Your Tulpa(s)?

Guest Anonymous

If there were good reason to believe in any type of metaphysics, it would no longer be metaphysics but fact. But for now they're unknown or unexplainable.

People tend to explain such things as "feeling a supernatural presence; verified by others in the room" and "someone sensing I had a tulpa" by subconscious body signals.

I'll stop from here and state that you're just talking about the supernatural, but there are metaphysical viewpoints of the world that are still considered metaphysical even though some are agreed as sound in relation to Science. It's just a way to conceive a knowable world. It's not so simple to state that if there's a logically sound metaphysical viewpoint(s), that they become facts of life. No, it doesn't work out like that. If it did, then Science would be convoluted with Philosophy (e.g. Scientism) compared to the two going hand in hand. You're really just talking about the supernatural, and beyond, but metaphysics isn't confined to just that; it's just a branch of it, and unfortunately, a branch that undermines the rest that can bring about interesting discussions.

I think because people try to make the phenomenon less occult, and more welcoming to a scientific light is what actually prevents them from using viewpoints that are discussed in a scientific light in actually being discussed. But no one will believe me, unfortunately, even though there's forums more intelligible than this one that talk about it like it's their cup of tea. Sometimes, I feel there's this skewed idea of how we imagine Scientists would be, and what would be in their best interest to discuss in relation to tulpas. But, we can't play pretend for too long, especially when others may avoid those discussions with consciousness that would only challenge this phenomenon entirely.

Not referring to you, but I'm still amazed as to why some people in the community can't come to awareness of this.

Or the tulpa could have a strong metaphysical presence and the other person be sensitive to that kind of energy. Who knows.

I know you're implying about something supernatural, but metaphysics being used as synonymous to that is why there's confusion over what metaphysics really is, unfortunately.

___

Also, to answer the OP, no, not really. At the most, they would say that I'm as different as night and day sometimes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the tulpa.info curse. We're the equivalent of people who "don't get out much", I think. We oversimplify every subject we aren't used to talking about. My use of the word metaphysics was bothering me too but I couldn't think of what else to say, thanks for the word.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I do apologize for being picky, but I think any time is a good time to clear it out of the way since I think there's going to be a lot of shifts in paradigms in the near future with theories on consciousness. The p-zombie and dissipation stuff was a warmup, but more to come along the way, I hope.

> 3 people I know claim to be able to sense my tulpa

Bonus: on the phone

> that proves telepathy is real

> mainstream, atheist-fashioned science ignores / suppresses the truth

> it's a conspiracy

I'll just leave this here:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-rule-against-baseless-claims

also -> Metaphysics and Parapsychology

Inb4 b8 for disrespecting the belief of others

But to get back to the actual topic and Melian's question.

If I move my host around like a zombie during possession

(it's the best I can do)

and people react to that what does that prove? That they can magically sense a tulpa? No, it just shows I operate the body in an obviously different way than my host. There's nothing 'metaphysical' about that. I'd say different mannerism is something to be expected when a tulpa takes over. Would be boring if there are no differences at all.

Other than that, I am probably influencing my host's behavior and body language simply by being there. Just like the company of another person does that to humans. Call it peer pressure.

I'm probably bad company though

Super Girls don't cry

> 3 people I know claim to be able to sense my tulpa

Bonus: on the phone

> that proves telepathy is real

> mainstream, atheist-fashioned science ignores / suppresses the truth

> it's a conspiracy

I did say 'probably' and 'to me.'

Hey, you can believe the site I linked or not. I spent a good bit of time browsing it, and it seems pretty solid.

Sorry, I'm new so I didn't see the Metaphysics board before I made these posts. So, what, do I have to not talk about metaphysics at all if I'm in the General Board . . . ? At what point does sharing my experiences become strictly for metaphysical? Only if they have seemingly no explanations other than metaphysics?

(Excuse me if I find it amusing that a site about tulpas is purist and jumpy when it comes to such things. I think I understand, but it's really hilarious nonetheless. jean-luc had some good points in that thread)

As far as evidence, I could record an interview with my friend and get him to attest that we did in fact have a conversation where we realized my tulpa was one of the presences he's aware of. If that's what you'd like . . . ?

Did you have some criticism, or alternative interpretation, or questions for clarification to bring to the table, because rejecting those are the only instance under which I see that rule is applicable to me.

Inb4 b8 for disrespecting the belief of others

Nah, I realize what I said sounds far-fetched. Heh, if it hadn't happened to me, I would call it far-fetched. I started out from a place of disbelief as far as tulpas go (documented in my thread about creating tulpas unintentionally from writing stories)

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

Guest Anonymous

@Ido

I quoted TheGreenQueen in the OP and therefore it was I that brought in those statements to the General Discussion. They were originally posted in the metaphysics board. Metaphysics claims are just that, they are not baseless claims, they are metaphysical ones.

Hey, you can believe the site I linked or not. I spent a good bit of time browsing it, and it seems pretty solid.

I do agree with this, actually. Your claims are strong but not baseless, which is great. I don't really agree that the site is solid, though. The main problem is just that there's a hell of a lot of bad "evidence" for spirits out there, and it's easy to compile a big list of things in which none of them are particularly convincing. Take the Scole Experiments - they're uncontrolled, done in the home of the mediums, and so on. Just reporting these experiences isn't enough; you already know that people see strange things in seances, you don't really need that part to be verified. What you need is a controlled environment, and apparatus designed to measure what you think is happening, in a vague sense.

Anyway a lot of the stuff in there suffers from that kind of problem: it doesn't rule out other, more likely possibilities - because it's not controlled enough or at all - except for the weakest of statements, like, a magician said so.

I also think that it gets things wrong when it gets to things that I know a bit more about. The Quantum Physics section was nonsense, for example. I also really find quotes like this weird:

they are so caught up in the scientific world view, (for example, because they get a lot of personal status from it, or because they spend their careers defining that world view) that they are unconsciously unable to accept that the scientific world view might be so seriously flawed

Well, there isn't really a "scientific worldview", there's the consensus opinions of modern science, which no-one in their right mind thinks isn't flawed, and there's the scientific method, which I guess some spirits people say doesn't work but it's just a systematised way of finding things out, so I think that's weak.

Anyway yeah, this isn't really on the topic, so if you want to continue I can split these meta discussion posts off into another thread.

Sorry, I'm new so I didn't see the Metaphysics board before I made these posts. So, what, do I have to not talk about metaphysics at all if I'm in the General Board . . . ?

Well keep in mind that if you're in General Discussion or somewhere else and do bring up a meta claim then people are always going to have a problem with it. If you do want to share your experiences, then by all means do; people just take issue with the proposed explanations for them, rather than that they happened at all. They really do have other explanations, I wouldn't worry about that.

As for this being a tulpa site, well, we tend to view them as products of the mind, or brain, or however you look at it the materialist world. So yeah, people might be a bit jumpy about it because they tend to want to distance themselves from it (or they just think it's wrong I guess).

I have some experience in metaphysical stuff, namely, spirit keeping. Ive just discovered Tulpamancy and I see alot of overlaps. In relation to this question, Ive read that when you impose your tulpa enough, you feel a "resistance" when you touch them. To me, it seems like the tulpa manifests as a mass of magnetic-like energy the same way spirits do. If that is true, then anyone who can sense a spirit or feel energy will be able to feel a tulpa. Less experienced people will only be able to sense them when they are looking for them though.

Also, im early in the tulpa creation process, the head pressure feeling is the exact same feeling I get when i talk to my spirits.

Sorry to keep OT but we've had several threads about people/pets (not) being able to detect tulpas. And I think this is way more interesting.

Have it split off if that derailment bothers you, Melian!

Excuse me if I find it amusing that a site about tulpas is purist and jumpy when it comes to such things. I think I understand' date=' but it's really hilarious nonetheless.[/quote']

It gets even more hilarious if you consider that you got into an argument with a tulpa

(my tulpa)

. But apart from that, I think there is nothing supernatural about tulpamancy.

I quoted TheGreenQueen in the OP and therefore it was I that brought in those statements to the General Discussion.

Actually it was here in the thread about tulpamancy research. Ido wouldn't have bothered if it had only been in the meta section.

Metaphysics claims are just that' date=' they are not baseless claims, they are metaphysical ones.[/quote']

That once again is purely a question of semantics. Metaphysics can be anything or nothing. Many metaphysical ideas are built on clay feet (assume highly questionable postulates) and / or are just pure speculation without any evidence to back up or refute those claims. Surely metaphysics were important before the dawn of science and still are a useful exercise to train your abilities to think and reason but in the end lots of this stuff is pretty arbitrary and subjective.

Ido is even more extreme on this topic and depises 'metaphysical nonsense'

(except for her entertainment)

and had me quote David Home on the subject:

If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics' date=' for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. [b']Commit it then to the flames:[/b] for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

But I think Linkzelda has a point, here we mainly misuse the term actually meaning 'supernatural'.

Now towards TheGreenQueen, no offense though.

Your statement was a reply to Melians question if and how the presence of tulpas could be detected in brain scans. And you stated that your experience "does prove a sort of "existence" that can be "detected."

I think that's the point where some people including me will have some issues.

I do believe that you and your friends deeply believe what you have experienced and would even testify it under oath. But when adhering to the scientific method 'belief' is not a valid criteria. What you and I think, believe, our personal experiences or opinions are of utter irrelevance in this regard. What we need is a solid framework of testable hypotheses and empirical evidence to back or refute them.

Unfortunately anecdotal evidence like the one you provided makes up almost everything we have regarding tulpas. That's fine for giving advice on tulpa creation but it is not a valid source for making serious claims about the nature of this phenomenon in a broader sense.

All we can do is try to set our findings into a broader context by comparing them to known psychological phenomena and speculate about similarities. Of course this isn't good science either but the best we can do here. You might of course argue that this applies to supernatural explainations as well but let's apply occam's razor and try to come to a simple model which allows us to make falsifiable predictions.

As you asked for an alternative - or in my view mainstream - explanation for what you have experienced, how about this.:

The human mind has evolved to ensure our survival in a hostile world, not to reason about life, the universe and everything. Which is why it performs quite poorly in this regard, is easily fooled and should not be trusted. The mind focuses on coming up with quick, simple answers that seem plausible to us based on our experiences and expectations. This usually works fairly well but when confronted with an unusual situation the brain often fabricates quite some nonsense and is highly prone to suggestions. As you stated it is indeed easy to influence people's perception in an hypnosis-like manner. This phenomenon is very well documented, for example in witnesses of crime. Furthermore the brain has the inherent ability to simulate situations, especially the interaction with other beings. Which, in my view is the very base of tulpamancy as well as every other sort of supernatural being.

See my posts here.

Hypothesis:

Your friend claims to be able to sense certain beings. I claim he is unconsciously applying similar methods like we do here with tulpamancy. Therefore, the beings he is communicating with are a neurological phenomenon in his mind, including what he perceives as 'your tulpa'.

You may claim that your tulpa has transmitted information he could not have obtained otherwise but take a step back and analyze such events carefully. Sure your mind has not played tricks on you? We really want to Believe. Sticking to facts and eliminating our expectations is really, really hard. Feel free to test your and my hypothesis thouroghly. Be creative! But also be exact and honest to yourself. After all this is for you, not for us.

Also' date=' im early in the tulpa creation process, the head pressure feeling is the exact same feeling I get when i talk to my spirits. [/quote']

This is exactly what I am talking about. What is the difference between so called spirits, tulpas, demons or other entities? I see none.

Honestly, which one of the following hypotheses is more plausible / backed up by evidence:

A)Dualistic world

There are supernatural beings including gods spirits and tulpas that exist in an immaterial realm outside the laws of nature and inaccessable to even the most marvellous tools of modern science. These entities are however capable of interfering with our physical world and everyday life by completely unknown and incomprehensible means. This invalidates fundamental laws of physics and would mean that large parts of what modern science has come up with in the last centuries has to be completely wrong, while half of the world has been missed entirely. Even worse, it means that all of these scientists (including myself) are either highly incompetent or part of a conspiracy trying to keep the supernatural secret from the public.

B)Monistic world

Tulpas, spirits and other 'supernatural' beings can be reduced to the same neurological phenomena taking place in a person's brain and are governed by the laws of nature. These 'beings' are a side-effect of the simulation capabilities of the brain which are essential for social and environmental interaction. The deeply rooted belief in supernatural beings can be explained by the inherent desire of mankind to find simple answers for complex phenomena which again is ontologically rooted in the brain's function to provide quick heuristic solutions to ensure survival. Intense supernatural experiences which are common throughout human history have to be seen as temporal malfunctions / misinterpretations of the mind which can however lead to desireable consequences, preventing their eradication by natural selection. This leads us to religions which are evolutionally favored as they strengthen the bonds of a society which greatly improves the biological fitness of such populations.

While far from perfect and certainly not the absolute truth, a set of theoretical frameworks for all those phenomena has been developed by generations of scientists and is steadily improved by comparison with empirical evidence.

Surely, both are very crude hypotheses that can easily be challenged but you get the idea. I just want you to look at the necessary prerequisites for A to be valid and compare them to B. The problem is, both hypotheses have a lot of followers and one side has to be wrong. But again, personal belief or preferences are very poor arguments compared to a sound theoretical framework backed by a multitude of empirical evidence.

But then again, that's just what I believe.

I dont think that A invalidates physics at all. The theory of the multiverse and being able to travel between them has already been put out there. There are also things that science still has yet to explain, such as dark matter. We cant see it, we cant feel it, we dont know what it does, but we know its there and there is alot of it.

Spirits and entities are masses of energy, and tulpa I believe are the same, just having been created by our minds. Think of the placebo effect, our minds tell us something is happening to our body, and it happens. How about hypochondriacs, they so deeply fear illnesses that their body produces symptoms. Is it so outside of the realm of possibility that our minds can create a mass of energy, and in that energy is enough of our will and intent through forcing that it becomes intelligent?

When I work with my tulpa (right now it is just an orb I talk to) I can feel the mass of energy near me, its exactly the same feeling im already used to, so I see no reason why someone else who can feel energy would be unable to. If I am fortunate enough to develop my tulpa to full intelligence and imposition, i'll be sure to test this with the few other people that I know can feel energy.