After 3 years of Forcing, still 0% Progress

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have tried parroting but it just won't work. Still got 0% Response from my Tulpa and i don't know why.

maybe my tulpa just don't like me and thats why she won't talk. But i don't think i did something bad to her.

The placebo effect is a powerful thing especially with tulpas, I think your problem is not that you can't make a tulpa, your problem is that you think you can't make a tulpa.

But what can i do against the placebo effect?

i dont believe that i can't make a tulpa

I think placebo effect becomes an umbrella term for affirmations and auto-suggestion. Granted, placebo effects can have substantial degrees of influencing of our perceptions of the world, but it ultimately cannot change the actual world itself. One cannot just, in the blink of an eye, alter their physiological makeup, and have their brain create new, physical connections to suit whatever theory they feel is needed for the brain to “add” another tulpa in. One cannot even, in a blink of an eye, shape the subliminal/unconscious to whatever they like.

If one states something like:

maybe my tulpa just don't like me and thats why she won't talk

It’s an example of a self-fulfilling prophecy where the person will be looking out for that silence, or lack of response, and confuse it as a literal lack of response when it could be that they just need to develop experiential context with forcing.

The thing is with our imagination, it often gets undermined and neglected. To the point where people may not realize it is through the imagination that allows us to perceive an end goal of something (e.g. treating a tulpa as sentient, autonomous, etc.) no matter how difficult, or far-fetched it seems, and thus entices the brain in finding a way. People used to think that possession was complete and utter BS, at least based on those few chat logs that may be around. But somehow, people’s imagination created a basis of what it could mean to possess, and even switch to the point where it spurred minds into creating these models that people can subscribe to; something they can point to, and think, “oh right…I do seem to be getting this disembodied/phantom feeling myself!”

I guess instead of placebo, this concern of yours could be “nocebo.” But the ironic twist is that you were never given any drugs, and yet still experienced the adverse effect of not getting a response from them.

symptoms of this nocebo may lead to death, and unwarranted coughing

If we structured this as affirmations instead, there wouldn’t be the need of the medical context being tied in at whatever degree. We can see that people will think of affirmations in a myriad of ways. Some see it as a psychological effect, and others may subscribe to more supernatural, and transcendental beliefs like mysticism, and what have you; the latter can be believed as being so powerful to go beyond what psychology could explain in of itself.

With placebos and nocebos on the other hand, people indirectly imagine themselves as being in that medical room wondering if that supplement is really going to ease their pains, or soothe their ailments—physical, or mental. Self-diagnosis, and such comes into the equation, and it starts becoming a distraction. Change your mind—your perception of things, and you can change your life with them. Not sure if anyone can be more deep and edgy over what that really implies, though. It is mediocre advice, but again, if one is willing to treat these lack of responses as a big thing, then I hardly see they have any right in assuming basic assurance over changing perception is a small thing. Because if it was, it would be easy changing their negative perception into something more positive.

Instead of being caught up of what it ultimately could be to you, you could consider not underestimating all the experiences you've done in treating them as sentient as indicators of progress. Treating someone as an other within your own mind seems to imply some mutalism: they share the same mind as you, but you as the host treating them as an other gives them a feedback, or rather, your brain a feedback that you really believe there can be an other.

It's just that we don't know exactly how our brains finds a way when we spur this intention of otherness. What you should do now, just become an ordinary person trying to make ends meet, and maybe appreciate that anything related to your pursuit of them being sentient, or an "other" to you is better than no progress at all.

Linkzelda brings up a good point (okay yeah, he pretty much always brings up a lot of good, if complexly worded, points ;) ).

Anyway, the one I want to shine a light on is this one:

Instead of being caught up of what it ultimately could be to you, you could consider not underestimating all the experiences you've done in treating them as sentient as indicators of progress.

You haven't actually gone into what, exactly, you've done in your three years of forcing. Not seeing a progress log or anything.

So... tell us about your tulpa. What's she like? What are a couple things you've done with her in your three years of forcing? What are the things about her that you really like? I get that this is a pretty personal question, but even just talking about her directly (acknowledging her existence to other people) helps reinforce the "otherness" Linkzelda's talking about. Not talking about the goal, just talking about what she's like now, because every little thing about her is important and awesome.

(Also, speaking as a headperson... it's really, really hard to dislike your host that much. it's hard to dislike someone you understand so completely. So I doubt that's the reason. :) )

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

So... tell us about your tulpa. What's she like?

She is kind and brave and curious and loyal and she really likes music.

What are a couple things you've done with her in your three years of forcing?

The best I made with her was that we have eaten in a Eiscafé both an ice cream. So I ate two large cups of ice. One of them for my tulpa.^^

What are the things about her that you really like?

that she is always near me and that I feel happy when I talk to her.

But maybe i am trying to hard to get her to speak. It could be that she doesn't want to disappoint me. Maybe I have too high expectations of her and she knows that she can not fulfill this.