LGBT Tulpamancers

RTGT

...but I can love people regardless of their gender, and I am sexually attracted to whomever I love, if that makes any sense.

There's a word for that, actually: demisexual, which basically means that romantic attraction and emotional bonding dictates sexual attraction. Though, demisexuality usually means you don't experience sexual attraction outside those you form an emotional bond with, so not sure how much that applies to you.

My SO identifies as demisexual, so I figured I'd share the love. ;)

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you call someone who isn't attracted to anything?

The more life goes on, the more disgusted I am by the thought of sexuality...

Like a flower beneath the concrete

Pushing up under the weight

Put a crack in the back of the pavement

And break through into the light of day

Though, demisexuality usually means you don't experience sexual attraction outside those you form an emotional bond with, so not sure how much that applies to you.

Yeah, I actually used to identify as demisexual until I learned of that part. Like, I'm normally sexually attracted to.. A whole lot of people basically, but that subsides when I actually find someone I'm emotionally interested in. The dealbreaker part here is that I keep my sexuality and emotions apart but they somehow manage to come together whenever I fall in love or whatever.. Jeez, this is complicated.

My SO identifies as demisexual, so I figured I'd share the love. ;)

Thanks, Temar. Appreciate it. :)

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

What would you call someone who isn't attracted to anything?

That's asexuality.

Yeah, I actually used to identify as demisexual until I learned of that part. Like, I'm normally sexually attracted to.. A whole lot of people basically, but that subsides when I actually find someone I'm emotionally interested in. The dealbreaker part here is that I keep my sexuality and emotions apart but they somehow manage to come together whenever I fall in love or whatever.. Jeez, this is complicated.

I'm demi, but found that I'm attracted to everyone, but I only start getting sexual feelings for people I'm strongly emotionally attached too since I have a high sex drive too. I've found there is a difference between finding someone attractive and wanting to go down on them, or including them in a fantasy or seeking to relieve sexual tension with someone I trust. It can get complicated to describe since I can't seem to find anything between demisexual and full sexual

Jeez. You people have a lot of labels.

The point of the labels isn't so much to demean anyone, but as a mean to quickly describe who you are in the community. They can get complicated and some people reject them entirely as creating a category for everything is fairly complicated. Some people like the labels because it means that there are other people out there just like them. While some people are happy just identifying with the label "human" or "a being," other people don't always feel that is enough.

Been together since childhood. We're a team!

I am attracted to both males and females [joke]and attack helicopters[/joke]

Is there such a thing as host-sexual? :P

I don't care

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I'm demi, but found that I'm attracted to everyone, but I only start getting sexual feelings for people I'm strongly emotionally attached too since I have a high sex drive too. I've found there is a difference between finding someone attractive and wanting to go down on them, or including them in a fantasy or seeking to relieve sexual tension with someone I trust. It can get complicated to describe since I can't seem to find anything between demisexual and full sexual

Yesyesyesyesyesyes

This is nearly exactly what I was trying to say, thank you for clearing and summing it up.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Wow, the two of you together do the whole universe! LOL I sometimes joke that I am "randomly sexual" when someone asks for my sexual orientation.

Do you roll 2d10 to determine attraction? What happens with critical attraction?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Jeez. You people have a lot of labels.

We agree, but when Lumi learned what demisexual means, he begrudgingly accepted what he had considered a "tumblr term" for himself. He literally feels no sexual attraction to random people like all his friends seem to. I mean sheesh, you guys will get excited over anything, even pictures of strangers.. I can't comprehend that.

So, I don't know what I am. I think I am asexual? I just can't see that for myself, and I don't need it. There are lots of other ways to share happiness and bond with people and they suit me fine. Something about sex just seems weird - it's not all love. I know people who love each other treat sex as the holy grail of bonding (ew it's literally bonding isn't it), but it doesn't seem like that to me. It's like, instinct, it's something that's not the feeling of love and happiness even though that's involved. Whatever it is, it's off-putting to me. Sex isn't love, they are just closely related. But I only just barely relate love to happiness, so I can't make that leap. Oh, I also don't have any sexual feelings at all. I don't see a hot guy and think of sex, I just think that he looks good. Same for girls, if they're pretty then I think they're pretty. And my take on nudity is probably like it is for nudists, it's just the human body, which is nice in its own right but the human body is not sex on its own either.

The others are all really circumstantial with labels of sexuality so I don't think any of us can say. I think Flan is host-sexual like Snow lol, and Reisen is literally unconditional love so sex is like a step down from that I think. I think she'd do it if asked but would never feel the need herself, because real love is more meaningful than sex (go Reisen!). If anyone can figure out what Tewi is you should tell her, because she considers sex completely irrelevant to her as a person. I wouldn't even call her asexual even though she might be, she just literally dissociated herself from sexual thoughts and feelings. The heck's that mean??

I can know everything the others in our system know I think, but I don't always understand them if that makes sense. I can tell you with words how they've defined themselves, but I can't think like them, so I can't understand what those definitions mean. That's the limit of how connected we are I think, in case you guys were curious. We can remember each others' thoughts but we can't find real meaning in them (unless we happen to think the same way maybe)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas