LGBT Tulpamancers

RTGT

Jeez. You people have a lot of labels.

Absolutely. But surprisingly few people are in it for the belt notches—for me, most of those labels came after years of resistance, not indiscriminate greed. It's so valuable to start understanding yourself, however normal or ab- you might be.

Physicist, mathematician, philosopher.

Vessel of uncountably many passions.

Tulpa: Lotus Ponens.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We agree, but when Lumi learned what demisexual means, he begrudgingly accepted what he had considered a "tumblr term" for himself. He literally feels no sexual attraction to random people like all his friends seem to. I mean sheesh, you guys will get excited over anything, even pictures of strangers.. I can't comprehend that.

So, I don't know what I am. I think I am asexual? I just can't see that for myself, and I don't need it. There are lots of other ways to share happiness and bond with people and they suit me fine. Something about sex just seems weird - it's not all love. I know people who love each other treat sex as the holy grail of bonding (ew it's literally bonding isn't it), but it doesn't seem like that to me. It's like, instinct, it's something that's not the feeling of love and happiness even though that's involved. Whatever it is, it's off-putting to me. Sex isn't love, they are just closely related. But I only just barely relate love to happiness, so I can't make that leap. Oh, I also don't have any sexual feelings at all. I don't see a hot guy and think of sex, I just think that he looks good. Same for girls, if they're pretty then I think they're pretty. And my take on nudity is probably like it is for nudists, it's just the human body, which is nice in its own right but the human body is not sex on its own either.

The others are all really circumstantial with labels of sexuality so I don't think any of us can say. I think Flan is host-sexual like Snow lol, and Reisen is literally unconditional love so sex is like a step down from that I think. I think she'd do it if asked but would never feel the need herself, because real love is more meaningful than sex (go Reisen!). If anyone can figure out what Tewi is you should tell her, because she considers sex completely irrelevant to her as a person. I wouldn't even call her asexual even though she might be, she just literally dissociated herself from sexual thoughts and feelings. The heck's that mean??

Well attraction is driven by quite a few different things. This is where labels start getting annoying, but writing each one out is also long winded and annoying. I normally use a few different gradients to describe where I am. There's the sexual/asexual spectrum, the romantic/aromatic spectrum, the high/low sex drive spectrum, and the high/low romantic drive. I'm demi sexual, full romantic, with a high sex drive, and a very high romantic drive. So I like sex and sexual things, but only towards people I feel a strong emotional connection to. I'm very romantic with people and I have a high drive to be affectionate towards someone I'm romantically attracted to, but I also have a strong buildup of sexual feelings and desires as well.

Tewi sounds like she's just low on all the sexual spectrums, but still strong on the romantic ones. Like asexual with a very low or nonexistent sex drive.

Although I guess there might be something else like sexual interest on top of sex drive, but normally if something has a spectrum, it's fairly independent of the others and that sounds like it would be influenced by sex drive... hmm

I can know everything the others in our system know I think, but I don't always understand them if that makes sense. I can tell you with words how they've defined themselves, but I can't think like them, so I can't understand what those definitions mean. That's the limit of how connected we are I think, in case you guys were curious. We can remember each others' thoughts but we can't find real meaning in them (unless we happen to think the same way maybe)

It's weird, there are times where Gennie and I have had issues with communication or opinions. It's like her words are muffled. I've experienced the same issues when communicating with Britney, but I guess the instances aren't as common. I don't think we've had this issue in awhile though.

Been together since childhood. We're a team!

Psh, strong on the romantic ones is still saying too much. She loves us (her family) in a family kinda way, and she treats everyone else like, respectfully. That's it. Maybe she has some kinda feelings but she just.. when you say "repress" it's implied it's bottled and will cause problems eventually, but I swear she just completely unassociated romance and sex from herself. Like if it were to come into question she automatically unconsciously thinks "No", if that makes any sense. Basically, she's weird. Good luck getting her to emote at all, seems the only real emotions she ever feels are what I can only call motherly ones for us. She's definitely not my mom, but she does watch over me I guess. That's definitely a type of love. (But see, not sexual, because they're not the same thing!)

If you wanna gauge everything on spectrums, then add on that Lumi has low sex drive too, if that means he doesn't really care about sex. But you know what? I think Flan has a normal sex drive, and a "high romantic drive" as you put it? If that means.. wanting closeness? I don't think I understand all these labels because I don't feel the things they're talking about. Basically: Tewi is aromantic asexual, I think I am too but not in a closed off way like her, Reisen's totally neutral, Lumi's demisexual/romantic?, and Flan is technically straight because she only likes a male. But idk if she would otherwise like girls or guys. Guys probably? I honestly don't know what not-demisexuality is like, but if being otherwise means you feel sexual attraction to random people you aren't close to, she'd be demisexual too. I don't even know what demiromantic means.

I don't really care about this subject but it feels like I'm documenting stuff about us so it's important, but that's all I got. I guess we're boring when it comes to sex. Talk to me about fun, or to the others about their different types of love. We are more passionate about those.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Do you roll 2d10 to determine attraction? What happens with critical attraction?

I broke hiatus just to say that this was fucking hilarious. Also, I intend to provide my own opinions in this argument. Honestly, I'm only doing this to spit at the circlejerk and mob mentality which seems to be goin on in this thread.

The second I saw this thread I knew there would be a bit of a shitstorm.

For the most part, I'm just gonna restate what GuessWho did:

Why is it that LGBT people feel the need to separate themselves into their own special areas/places/(threads) rather than integrating with the rest of society?

Then he got mobbed, and whatnot, because circlejerk.

This guy has to be a troll. He has to be, with a comment like that, especially after the sh!t that went down just the other day.

If a person's opinion changes entirely because of something happening hundreds, if not thousands of miles away, it wasn't a strong opinion to begin with. It's a tragedy, yes, but don't use it as an excuse to try and bend another's thoughts to your will.

Why didn't the blacks in the south just stay quiet and accept segregation and discrimination in the 1960s? They segregated themselves right?

Blacks in the south were peacefully protesting. LGBT protests haven't exactly been the same.

These are probably the most ignorant, bigoted statements I have seen in a very long time.

Go watch an ISIS propaganda video. Guesswho's post is mellow compared to their words and statements.

[sarcasm]To summarize, I would like to state that I sexually identify as a DP-28 Degtyaryov machine gun.[/s]

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Psh, strong on the romantic ones is still saying too much. She loves us (her family) in a family kinda way, and she treats everyone else like, respectfully. That's it. Maybe she has some kinda feelings but she just.. when you say "repress" it's implied it's bottled and will cause problems eventually, but I swear she just completely unassociated romance and sex from herself. Like if it were to come into question she automatically unconsciously thinks "No", if that makes any sense. Basically, she's weird. Good luck getting her to emote at all, seems the only real emotions she ever feels are what I can only call motherly ones for us. She's definitely not my mom, but she does watch over me I guess. That's definitely a type of love. (But see, not sexual, because they're not the same thing!)

That sounds to mostly strong platonic and strong maternal drives then. Which sadly wasn't a thing I went into but it isn't discussed enough. There's a spectrum there too. For instance you can be really cuddly and sexual with someone (full sexual and full romantic), but have low platonic attractions or drives for someone (not really interested in knowing someone beyond the romantic and sexual feelings). I actually have a fairly low platonic drive so I'm not driven to know or connect to a lot of people. I like to keep a few close people that I have strong platonic feelings for.

Did I say repress somewhere?

If you wanna gauge everything on spectrums, then add on that Lumi has low sex drive too, if that means he doesn't really care about sex. But you know what? I think Flan has a normal sex drive, and a "high romantic drive" as you put it? If that means.. wanting closeness? I don't think I understand all these labels because I don't feel the things they're talking about. Basically: Tewi is aromantic asexual, I think I am too but not in a closed off way like her, Reisen's totally neutral, Lumi's demisexual/romantic?, and Flan is technically straight because she only likes a male. But idk if she would otherwise like girls or guys. Guys probably? I honestly don't know what not-demisexuality is like, but if being otherwise means you feel sexual attraction to random people you aren't close to, she'd be demisexual too. I don't even know what demiromantic means.

Demiromantic means that you have to have an emotional attachment of some sort to someone in order to develop romantic feelings towards someone. I guess I should clarify my definitions. A drive is either a willingness or a build up of desires to pursue certain forms of attraction. While an attraction in this instance is more of who it would be directed towards. So someone with a high sex drive that's asexual would have a high willingness for sex, but wouldn't really direct it towards anyone. Someone with low both wouldn't really care about sex, and someone that's high on both would want to have sex with everyone. This is true with just about all forms of attraction with some exceptions based on a case by case basis. There are exceptions to everything.

I don't really care about this subject but it feels like I'm documenting stuff about us so it's important, but that's all I got. I guess we're boring when it comes to sex. Talk to me about fun, or to the others about their different types of love. We are more passionate about those.

I like documenting things too!! :)

Been together since childhood. We're a team!

The second I saw this thread I knew there would be a bit of a shitstorm.

For the most part, I'm just gonna restate what GuessWho did:

Then he got mobbed, and whatnot, because circlejerk.

Wrong. He didn't get mobbed because of circlejerk. He got mobbed because what he said was either 1. meant to me incendiary or 2. just so painfully ignorant as to be offensive.

You become the outcasts of society because you cast yourselves out' date=' not because the rest of society does so.[/quote']

Are you shitting me? It wasn't so long ago that anything deviating from heterosexual binary cisgender ideals was considered mental illness. Violence and general ostracization of transexuals is still an issue. Forming a separate counter-culture full of safe spaces was a goddamned survival tactic.

And for the record? There's no shitstorm here. Most of this has been a healthy discussion that, sure, you are entitled to not agree with. But don't call it a shitstorm just because someone's ignorant comments got corrected.

And now I'm going to leave this thread before I really do turn it into a shitstorm.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Forming a separate counter-culture full of safe spaces was a goddamned survival tactic.

Beautifully put.

Physicist, mathematician, philosopher.

Vessel of uncountably many passions.

Tulpa: Lotus Ponens.

2. just so painfully ignorant as to be offensive.

Oh gods, how dare I not know things!

Quick question: if the ignorance is offensive, how is one suuposed to fix their ignorange (aka ask the question) without being offensive?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

It wasn't so long ago that anything deviating from heterosexual binary cisgender ideals was considered mental illness.

When there's hundreds of millions of years of survival and evolution backing "heterosexual binary cisgender ideals," people aren't going to take too kindly to a new idea which leads to no reproduction at all.

And for the record? There's no shitstorm here. Most of this has been a healthy discussion that, sure, you are entitled to not agree with. But don't call it a shitstorm just because someone's ignorant comments got corrected.

And now I'm going to leave this thread before I really do turn it into a shitstorm.

Don't claim that there's no shitstorm, only to abandon the thread because of said shitstorm.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Just a healthy reminder to try to remain civil. It's fine to have opinions, no matter which side you're on, but there is never a need to turn it into a flamewar, or anything like that. I hope you can all discuss this without turning to insults or sheer pettiness.

Really, this wasn't even the topic of the OP, but this is the Lounge, after all..

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."