LGBT Tulpamancers

RTGT

I broke hiatus just to say that this was fucking hilarious. Also, I intend to provide my own opinions in this argument. Honestly, I'm only doing this to spit at the circlejerk and mob mentality which seems to be goin on in this thread.

The second I saw this thread I knew there would be a bit of a shitstorm.

For the most part, I'm just gonna restate what GuessWho did:

Then he got mobbed, and whatnot, because circlejerk.

If a person's opinion changes entirely because of something happening hundreds, if not thousands of miles away, it wasn't a strong opinion to begin with. It's a tragedy, yes, but don't use it as an excuse to try and bend another's thoughts to your will.

Blacks in the south were peacefully protesting. LGBT protests haven't exactly been the same.

Go watch an ISIS propaganda video. Guesswho's post is mellow compared to their words and statements.

[sarcasm]To summarize, I would like to state that I sexually identify as a DP-28 Degtyaryov machine gun.[/s]

I'm not using a tragedy to change someone's opinion, I'm referencing a tragedy to state that GuessWho seemed to create a purposefully inflammatory comment in light of a tragedy.

Frankly, I thought some of the stuff you posted on the site was funny. I'm disappointed in your viewpoints.

Regardless, considering nobody can change your opinion because you're an iron-willed alpha male, I'll just state the fact that comments like GuessWho's perpetuate the notion that LGBT individuals deserve to be ostracized because they ostracize themselves, which is ridiculous.

Why not just say that those LGBT individuals during WWII stuck those pink triangles on themselves and walked themselves to concentration camps?

God, this makes me sick.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say repress somewhere?

No I was going to say "Maybe she represses any feelings she has" but repress always has those negative connotations that I wasn't trying to imply.

Also I like how Brossow responded to everyone but me. You can never accuse us of not being neutral - we're mediators! We even defended Mistgod back in the day because too many people were "ganging up on them" even if we agreed with those people. So if there was need I'd defend GuessWho too.

But, only two people even actually responded to him. The other three had like one line saying what he said upset them, but RTGT and I who actually replied were really fair I think. And then we completely went back on topic. That's the opposite of a shitstorm. If anything your post was the worst thing in this thread after his comment - like, really? "LGBT protests haven't exactly been peaceful"? You realize we've been literally killing people for being gay/etc. for a long time right? And all of the LGBT protest type stuff I've heard of in the last 20 years was just fine. Why did you cite something like fifty years old? You know there were plenty of slave revolts too? And those were completely called for too!

Why the unnecessary hate, man? The person you said was trying to "bend someone's thoughts to their will" literally didn't say anything at all to GuessWho. No one was being unfair. At worst, unnecessarily offended in your view. Literally no one (not even GuessWho) was trying to force their beliefs.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

We are all doomed guise!

Minorities like to impose all kind of restriction in all kind of subjects

More restrictions just put us far of the optimum that anyone enjoys, like free speech, free market, free internet and simple free and casual conversations (aka with no personal pronums restrictions). Just look at the economical grows of the EU and countries with running communist systems (not China btw), they all love restrictions. Staged, restriccted aconomies only benefits old fashioned less competitive big corporations that will struggle with competition in a free market situation.

Minorities love restrictions, because those "protect" them, but this is with the cost of everyone freedom and in the long run it's logically wrong to everyone!

The more minorities are liberated by those restrictions to anyone, the more the "silent mayorities" are oppressed with Fear. Next time you hear "silent mayority" think about people that just don't care or don't know, and people with fear of expressing any kind of opinion because of the fear of being rejected by those "unpopular" opinions

Now it's time to think in restrictions that were before for moral problems like abortion, divorce and marijuana. These restrictions don't have anything to do with any kind of minority (unless you associate women as a minority), these were inparcial, didn't support anyone. Those only suppressed "bad behavior". But since those restrictions didn't support anyone directly they slowly can get abolished, because "muh feelings"

One of the worst things is that when you put a restriction (Or abolish one that didn't pleased a group) there is almost no turn back because anyone who agreed with it it's going to very vocal to maintain it.

Think about making abortion and cannabis illegal again, people is going to lose their minds completely in rage

So, people just created a one-way road to progressivism, and if you don't agree you are ashamed for it

But why progressivism of the left fails?

Because it is contrarian in the basis

The majority of the social media blame guns in the tragedy of Orlando

A big percentage supported Islam because they are less privileged than Americans

The other big supported LGBT

Frankly, I thought some of the stuff you posted on the site was funny. I'm disappointed in your viewpoints

I'll start this reply with a disclaimer. Being LBGT isn't something I care about. Hell, I have several friends who identify as such. What I disapprove of is when people go out of their way to point out how they are LBGT. I'm mainly doing this to play devil's advocate, and also I just enjoy a good argument/debate. So without further ado, let's address these replies.

Regardless, considering nobody can change your opinion because you're an iron-willed alpha male,

This is pretty amusing; as far as I know, there is no correlation between having an opinion and being an "alpha male" as you put it. Is it supposed to be a derogatory statement? I just find it hypocritical that I'm being generalized.

I'll just state the fact that comments like GuessWho's perpetuate the notion that LGBT individuals deserve to be ostracized because they ostracize themselves, which is ridiculous.

If people decide to have "straight pride" or "white history month," I can guarantee that there would be a huge backlash against it. Why should any orientation or race have special things dedicated to them, designed only to put them on a pedestal?

Why not just say that those LGBT individuals during WWII stuck those pink triangles on themselves and walked themselves to concentration camps?

What does Nazi Germany have to do with any of this? Are you honestly going to force this into an argument with no context? You're grasping at straws with that statement.

Brossow

EUFb6oa.jpg

It's really hard for me to take that seriously, bro.

You realize we've been literally killing people for being gay/etc. for a long time right? And all of the LGBT protest type stuff I've heard of in the last 20 years was just fine.

I find this to be a strange choice of wording... "We." I don't recall ever harming, much less killing anybody for being gay. Have you done so? Perhaps "we" refers to extremists? Nazi Germany? The Soviet Union? Mao's China? The Islamic State?

And all of the LGBT protest type stuff I've heard of in the last 20 years was just fine. Why did you cite something like fifty years old?

The comment above yours cites an occurrence more than seventy years old, why don't you call them out on that? I can only take so much hypocrisy in one day.

You know there were plenty of slave revolts too? And those were completely called for too!

I think we both know I was referring to the Civil Rights movement. Unless... You wish to cite events over 150 years old? The hypocrisy is going off the charts! Even so, do you think you can compare the LGBT community to slaves who were forced to do hard labor, day in and day out and getting whipped for their whole lives? I don't think thy have the same magnitude.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guys, guys, why the hostilities? I meant this as a peaceful thread. I was just curious about the amount of LGBT+ people in this forum, why is anyone starting a fight over it? From now on, can we cut the political/ opinionated/ hypocritical bullshit and stop hating each other? We don't need to bring the American civil war and Hitler in to this

Guys, guys, why the hostilities? I meant this as a peaceful thread. I was just curious about the amount of LGBT+ people in this forum, why is anyone starting a fight over it? From now on, can we cut the political/ opinionated/ hypocritical bullshit and stop hating each other? We don't need to bring the American civil war and Hitler in to this

Agreed, if anyone has any questions about the LGBT+ community please direct all inquiries to an official spokesperson, resource manager, or information manager through one of these LGBT organizations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_rights_organizations_in_the_United_States

The people there are better informed on our history and culture in all of its various forms and will be better able to assist you with any inquiries you may have on the way we function and operate.

Thank you! :) <3

Been together since childhood. We're a team!

@Brassow I wasn't relying on Zaya's arguments at all, the WW2 reference was pointless so I ignored it yeah. And 'we' was referring to the united states since again it's a good point that nowadays that stuff doesn't normally happen here as much as in other countries. But it does I guess, I dunno. I'm not good with history but it seemed like that was something that happened here, however long ago.

but I can't even comprehend the fact that I typo'd your name so I concede the argument, not like any of that mattered anyways. No one here's gonna hurt anyone so it just would've been nice if we reached an understanding

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In answer to the questions: bi, cis male, neither are super important, and my tulpa is bi too. On a semi-related note, I kinda feel that tulpas should make a good intro for gender identity for dummies, since no-one really has issues calling tulpas by their preferred pronouns, even if, say, they permaswitched. I guess it doesn't seem to work out that way.

I kinda wanna just chime in at the end of this, uh, because I think there's an obvious thing to say that no-one's said yet:

Why is it that LGBT people feel the need to separate themselves into their own special areas/places/(threads) rather than integrating

People tend to be a part of both. If there's an LGBT+ segregationist movement, it's not a big one. This is a thread, and people who post in this thread integrate with the rest of the forum as well.

What I disapprove of is when people go out of their way to point out how they are LBGT.

This is incompatible with complaining about segregation. You come to Lounge, click on the one thread that's called "LGBT Tulpamancers", and then complain about people drawing attention to themselves? It's pretty much the least attention-drawing way of discussing it, short of not discussing it at all. It kinda seems more like the attention-seeking goes the opposite way.

I guess the point here is that either way you cut it, it feels like a weird overreaction.

Guest Anonymous

I agree, the thread is supposed to be for talking about our gender identification and/or sexual orientation not to instigate an anti-LGTB rant and counter rants. Really? Let's just all calm down.. (note the extreme hypocritical irony of Melly telling folks to calm down and stay on topic) ... and we should all just let it go back to what the OP was about.

I will say though that whenever I wanna make good points in an argument, I always bring in the American Civil War and Hitler/Nazis references. Then, if that makes no headway, I resort to personal attacks, insults, cheap shots and silly pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

1. What is your sexuality?

bisexual

2. What is your gender?

male

3. Is your sexuality/ gender important to you?

no, couldn't care less

4. Are any of your tulpas LGBT+?

mine isn't sentine yet, so i dont know!