Do you intentionally control your tulpas ever?

TheGreenQueen

There is an important distinction between "seizing control" of a tulpas form and sharing control of a tupas form.

This is a good point. I'm not sure we ever "share control" of our forms per se (I don't quite understand how that would work), but we do sometimes share control of circumstances, scenarios and the like. I can imagine Lucilyn sitting in our house with me, standing up or sitting down, but I can't make her do either. Generally we don't place restrictions on where we visualize/impose each other. Though when it comes to imposition, it's more like you can summon someone's imposed form, but not control it whatsoever. I would call it "sharing control" to some extent.

This is different from visualizing the person without their actual presence. The difference in leading someone somewhere and just imagining they're there.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

This is a good point. I'm not sure we ever "share control" of our forms per se (I don't quite understand how that would work)...

Think of the form as independent from the tulpa.  The form is a puppet.  It can be manipulated by the host or the tulpa or by both simultaneously in a form of mutual collaboration via shared thoughts and intent.  This is easy for Mistgod and I because we are blended and he has direct access to my thoughts and emotions and intent and vice versa.

EDIT: I have a great analogy. Imagine if a director of a movie could impart directions to an actress on where to stand, how to move and what to say without having to speak to her during his direction, but instead use a form of telepathy to prompt her or even directly help motivate her body. The actress still works with the director, and so they sort of become a mutual mind, controlling the actress in making the movie together.

I have always been a day dream movie to Davie. A little actress and dolly.

I'm against doing it to my tulpa because I've read accounts that they don't like having control of their forms taken away from them when they're puppeted. And I also want Josh to be fully independent, and controlling him goes against that goal.

The actress still works with the director, and so they sort of become a mutual mind, controlling the actress in making the movie together.  

I have always been a day dream movie to Davie.  A little actress and dolly.

From this, I'm assuming some things:

- Yes, it seems like a mutual level of control between actress and director

But if both are mutually working together to control the actress in making the movie altogether, then who is embodying the actress? It either has to be the actress that was working mutually with the director, the host, simultaneously sharing control with the director, but that decision to have it done simultaneously begs to question as to why does the actress even need mutual workings with the host instead? It seems instead, the director is more of subliminal, and unconscious thoughts that the actress can use at her disposal to be whatever she wants to be. It's an analogy more suited of how unconscious thoughts and processes can influence the person's direction, but ultimately, the person in question has to take the conscious effort to make their own decisions.

Can you clarify more on this if I'm seeing this wrong? Because I see it as a more roundabout way of eluding from the pretense of it being unconscious parroting, or whatever since the mutual workings between director and actress kind of disguises the implication.

At first I did with Verne with visualization before he could communicate with me. I asked him how he felt about it, and he said he didn't like it because it forces him to do things. I can't see him yet, but he controls my visualization of himself and I can feel him. He chooses to spend most of the time on my shoulders and I always ask if it's okay if I visualize him somewhere else.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the clarification!

I am an enigma beyond the feeble comprehension of mundane, mortal minds.  How can one clarify the beauty and happiness of the sky, the stars, the moon and rainbows and unicorns?  Does my hostie intentionally control me?  Yesh and no.  Maybe-ness and sortof.   Next question thread please.

I was asking clarification behind the actress analogy, and not really who you validate yourself as. I think you're reading my posts through a different lens, but if you don't have a way to clarify, then, I won't pry anymore. But it just goes to show that even clarification is useless if the person doesn't bother to actually comprehend the question at hand.

Guest Anonymous

The thing is Linkzelda, we really don't totally understand it ourselves. It is how it feels. I can't tell you why or like draw a diagram for crystal clarity. It isn't logical at all. There is a lot of nonsensical, emotional fogginess surrounding me and it is even fluid and changes from day to day. We don't know the truth of it really, when push comes to shove. We can describe how it feels but we can't tell you why it feels that way. We don't know why.