Is your tulpa or your wonderland attention dependent?

Guest Anonymous

Is your tulpa or wonderland attention dependent?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is your tulpa or wonderland attention dependent?

• Yes my tulpa and wonderland are attention dependent.
    • Only the wonderland is attention dependent my tulpa isn't.
    • Neither my tulpa or the wonderland are attention dependent.
    • My tulpa is attention dependent, but we have no wonderland.
    • My tulpa is not attention dependent and we have no wonderland.

Guest Anonymous

This is sorta some questions for discussion. I was inspired by a thread I saw on Tulpa.io to ask these here. First I will talk about myself really quick.

Super kinda detailed: [hidden]

My wonderland is like a virtual reality movie set that follows me around and forms CGI day dream environments around me. It is not a set "place" for the most part. There is my dreamscape mansion though, that is closest thing to a set wonderland. I don't really like live there all the tme, so to speak, when Davie is not actively thinking of me I sorta go dormant or very quiet. It's more like my favorite "set." When Davie is not thinking of me a lot, I don't feel like I go anywhere, it is just we are not forming the day dream world together at that time. I become more pure mind and presence sorta hovering in the background and watching or perceiving what Davie is up to. I diminish or recede when he is not collaborating with me on my Melian Show day dreams. What I just said applies to day time day dreaming. At night, in dreams, I am much more independent like a dream persona and we go on dream adventures together.[/hidden]

In short: I mostly diminish to pure mind/presence when my host is distracted from me and not actively helping me to imagine my dreamscape. (Luckily he day dreams with me almost constantly though.)

Does this happen to other tulpas or do you stay just as active and vibrant?

What about your wonderlands? Do they also stay vibrant/active/existing without your hosts attention or do they sorta go dormant?

Is your tulpa or your wonderland attention dependent?

Guest Anonymous

I was hoping people would answer in detailed responses and talk about it in more depth, but maybe I made the questions too straight forward and simple. Hmm.

Still I will go see the census too thanks.

Wouldn't this question really only depend on how solipsistic somebody's personal philosophy is? Because there's no way to really know if the Wonderland vanishes from existence whilst we're not paying attention, because attention is how we notice the state of the thing at all. It's like asking somebody who's lying in bed and snoring, "Are you asleep?" And expecting a, "Yes! Yes, I am asleep!" It can happen, but it's not usual or (given some conditions) logical. Maybe it's more like asking permission to steal something, or turning "Sneak Attack" into a battle cry.

That said, just like some tulpas can have an "illusion of autonomy", my Wonderlands sometimes take on an "illusion of continuity" in which case, the "illusion" is close enough because I can't be arsed with Existential Heuristic Phenomenological Ontology or whatever.

I went to this Wonderland library of mine this one time, only to find that someone had stolen the carpet, furniture, and books...but, in the way of dreams, I knew that it was my library. It had just been burgled. I set to refurnishing it from memory, whether that means I actually turned back Wonderland time or not, and before and after there were some problems with memories of my corporeal life nudging into the architecture. So, like, I would want the scene out the window to be of a meadow that I dreamed of, but sometimes I'd look and see that it was my grade school playground, or the bookshelf would become my aunt's cabinet from when I used to sleep over at my cousin's place as a kid. I feel those call for some sort of maintenance or weeding, but I've never gone to my library and found it overgrown by architectural memories.

Guest Anonymous

Wouldn't this question really only depend on how solipsistic somebody's personal philosophy is? Because there's no way to really know if the Wonderland vanishes from existence whilst we're not paying attention, because attention is how we notice the state of the thing at all. It's like asking somebody who's lying in bed and snoring, "Are you asleep?" And expecting a, "Yes! Yes, I am asleep!" It can happen, but it's not usual or (given some conditions) logical. Maybe it's more like asking permission to steal something, or turning "Sneak Attack" into a battle cry.

Huh. I never thought bout that. That is really interesting now. See? My hostie and I always learn something new from these threads.

That said, just like some tulpas can have an "illusion of autonomy", my Wonderlands sometimes take on an "illusion of continuity" in which case, the "illusion" is close enough because I can't be arsed with Existential Heuristic Phenomenological Ontology or whatever.

I went to this Wonderland library of mine this one time, only to find that someone had stolen the carpet, furniture, and books...but, in the way of dreams, I knew that it was my library. It had just been burgled. I set to refurnishing it from memory, whether that means I actually turned back Wonderland time or not, and before and after there were some problems with memories of my corporeal life nudging into the architecture. So, like, I would want the scene out the window to be of a meadow that I dreamed of, but sometimes I'd look and see that it was my grade school playground, or the bookshelf would become my aunt's cabinet from when I used to sleep over at my cousin's place as a kid. I feel those call for some sort of maintenance or weeding, but I've never gone to my library and found it overgrown by architectural memories.

Coolness. I will have to think bout this a lot, because I do have a dreamscape mansion. I will have to think about if there was any time things changed between visits.

I did gain an ice cream parlor once, but that was cause I pushed a new mysterious button that appeared on my Magictron3000 Dreamscape Matrix computer. I couldn't resist. I pushed the glowy button and it caused an ice cream parlor to appear off of my magic feast hall. I have all kinds of flavors of ice cream that come out of dispensers and glass jars full of toppings. The ice cream parlor was a surprise. Not sure if it was consciously created cause it first appeared in a dream, just like when Melbot my robot double arrived in the mail.

"We're not active when we're not active" pretty much describes us I guess. There's this weird peer pressure to try and defend that fact about us - "It doesn't bother us, it's how we've always been, etc." But that's dumb. That is how it is for us, and it is completely and utterly fine, it is how we live. It just wouldn't seem natural for all of us to be active all the time.. without some kind of outside interaction we'd be bored out of our minds, or at least I would. And Flandre would be lonely. We still know what's going on when we're not active and still kinda feel like we were there in memories of those times, so it's not like we totally stop existing, but I'm certainly not thinking about the random stuff I normally do when I'm not fronting and haven't talked to anyone in days. That is inactivity and it is defined by inactivity. Also our wonderland is practically inactive even when we're in it.. Going around it is like loading areas in an open world game, sure it was there before and you could rely on that fact, but it really was dormant until you loaded it in by being there. Nothin' happens if we don't make it.

Why do you ask? I don't really know what point I'm trying to make here because I don't know why I'm making it. Everyone's different and we are one of everyone, yes.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

I was just curious about the variety of circumstances concerning this. I notice that we share the fact that "presence" activity does not drop to absolute zero without active attention from the host and that is very interesting in its self. I wonder if we are going to find that to be a commonality with all systems?

"We're not active when we're not active" pretty much describes us I guess. ...We still know what's going on when we're not active and still kinda feel like we were there in memories of those times, so it's not like we totally stop existing,

We are very similar with these traits then.

None of my tulpas require my direct attention to be active. I wouldn't say they are just as active with my attention as without it. Yet I get the sense several times a day they are out and about with me even though I'm not focusing on them. Plus they all can start talking to me out of nowhere and mention stuff they'd have to have been active to experience.

Of course, this whole question depends on the personal beliefs of the host, much like the rest of tulpamancy. There isn't any way for me to know if they are actually active if I'm not paying attention to them.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread