Why do some tulpas like sex?

Guest Anonymous

Why does anyone like it?

If you assume that tulpamancy is strictly a psychological phenomena, then the personality is still affected by the host's brain and physiology, and all the underlying unconscious motivators. I am not pushing Freud here, I don't think all unconscious motivators lead back to S E X and Oedipus or Electra complex. If that were true, all of my dreams, lucid or not, well, there isn't X rating that would describe my inner world. So, by definition, tulpas don't live in a vacuum, they live in the host brain, they are affected by that brain and that personality, and in the creating process, who among us is so pure in intention that we don't have some secret desire leak through. We have hopes and longings and I suspect most people engage this activity to address loneliness. not all. I did it because I was more curious than anything.

then we talk about deviation, and most of us agree that deviation is desired. deviation proves, or better, validates sentience. the fact that personalities can express wants and desires that are independent of their hosts is just part of what makes them an individual. even if a host has no libido or desire, our worlds are shaped by a constant dialogue of this topic in media, and again, there is a social, unspoken, unconscious dialogue that we are having with society that is also a dialogue within ourselves which influences all our interactions. I can even speculate that a tulpas healthy relationship to the subject might help improve the hosts position on the subject, or within themselves. it is part of being human and there is very little, positive discourse on the subject, unless you happen to be a fan of youtube sexpert, doctor Lindsey Doe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-is-it-unhealthy-to-neglect-forsake-human-relationships-in-favor-of-one-with-a-tulpa

/

Depends on how you two (or three, if you want to tell your girlfriend about your tulpa) feel about it. I personally don't consider tulpas and humans to take each others' places in fulfilling relationship needs. A tulpa girlfriend and a human girlfriend are utterly different things, and they'll fulfill a lot of very different needs. Your girlfriend can't literally read your mind to know how you feel, but your tulpa can't affect the real world (at the same time as you anyway).

The answer to basically all relationship questions like this is to talk it out with your tulpa. Though strangely it's normally "Is it okay if I have a girlfriend, tulpa?" instead of the other way around. The answer should preferably be yes.

But anyways, on all sorts of levels the answer is no, it's not cheating. But if you AND your tulpa both feel like it is, then maybe it is to you, you know? But that's up to you two. I'm just saying, tulpa and physical girlfriend interactions aren't nearly as similar as they sound. I recommend against considering a tulpa to fill a relationship role like that in a human's place, and simultaneously a human filling a role like that doesn't mean you can't have a tulpa etc.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks for the answer, Luminesce. It feels like cheating to me, I don't know why, Its an emotional investment. To me cheating starts with flirting, thinking and etc. I know how it feels (got cheated 4 times). Some girls accept it so you guys should tell them.

Last dive into the abyss

Hey hey, we're talking about tulpas here, not cheating with multiple actual people. The whole point of open relationships is that everyone involved in them is of the mindset you shouldn't be forced to limit yourself to loving one person, so making sure everyone involved is 100% okay with that is a really big deal. Otherwise cheating is just scummy in the majority of cases (I can see the person you'd be cheating on not being into the idea while you and the other person are, maybe.. but it's still not a good scenario). The thing is, your tulpa is only inside your head, and some of the biggest reasons people have problems with "cheating" don't apply to tulpas. If you want to police thoughts, sure, that might be one. But most of them have to do with the physical relationship, dedication of time (spending time with your tulpa really shouldn't take away from time spent with others), dedication of life (living with the person, which is totally hampered by living with another physical person at the same time), dedication of money et cetera. It's still up to you guys, but I want to make clear why it's an entirely different situation than dating two physical people at once.

That's also why you don't necessarily have to tell your girlfriend in this scenario; exclusively because they might not be too happy with the idea of a tulpa in the first place. Those who are are almost always totally fine with the host being in a relationship with their tulpa and them at the same time. In fact, a user named Mistgod had a wife and children, all of which knew his tulpa Melian. And they were definitely romantically involved. So.. yeah.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 3 weeks later...

This line is funny because dead early on we could do quite a lot of tactile immersion even though other skills were fairly undeveloped. That'll be because my own tactile imagination is very very good - I'm experienced at a skillset that is easiest related to chi kung maybe. This requires intense tactile imagination and ability to direct attention/move the focal point of attention in the body from the head to any other part.

Due to this, getting very very close to dry orgasm without ANY physical stimulation is actually possible. It's an extreme of mental discipline that can cause a very mild tension headache to keep up for more than 30 minutes mind.

So I'd be less skeptical of others being able to do it - we haven't quite got other fundamentals down yet this, this isn't hard. No pun intended (Katiya) hahah not b true.

• 1 month later...

We like it because it feels good--- and for those who say it's "fake" pleasure-- it feels 100% real to me so..... Idk. But just because we're Tulpas doesn't mean we can't feel pleasure too -_-

• 6 months later...

So, this is a little theory we have. I could have made a new thread for it but figured it'd be best to just use an old one.

We think there's a reason behind why many tulpas seem absurdly obsessed with sexual pleasure, to the point where it's their entire identity, all they ever talk about, etc. The common explanation for it is "well the body is full of hormones so that makes them want sex." While that argument is valid, it still raises the question: what if the host didn't care much for sex themselves, but the tulpa is obsessed with it? You'd think that if it was hormones alone, they would both be equally obsessed with it.

Here's my explanation for why tulpas (specifically younger tulpas) can get obsessed with it to a huge degree that's abnormal for any host. It might seem obvious to some people, but I've not seen anyone else bring up with point.

As a young tulpa, they are inherently deprived of stimulation. They are only active when the host is thinking about them and doing things with them, but the don't experience many sensations beyond the imaginary, given they aren't connected to the body. They might spend weeks or months or so, not really experiencing that much that often. Then, if they're introduced to something as good as sexual pleasure, it might shock them and cause them to want to experience that feeling more often. Since a young tulpa's mind likely isn't very developed in terms of their personal identity, they make that their whole identity (sometimes, not all the time, though many people come close). As time goes on they likely grow out of that as they develop their own identity and the thrill of experiencing sexual pleasure is more of a fun thing to do than something to absolutely obsess over.

My advice for young tulpas is that they shouldn't allow themselves to get so caught up in the stereotypical sexual obsession that so many others get hung up over. Now I'm not telling you that you can't like sex, but I don't think you should make it your entire life focus or your entire identity. Sure, it's still an enjoyable thing that you can do, but that's all it is: it's not worth obsessing over and not worth revolving your entire life around. Rather, your focus on life, for now, should be developing your identity and growing as a person. You can still enjoy sex, but your mind should be set inward on who you are and who you want to become, and not... on certain body parts that won't really make you grow as a person. :]

Plus, many people in the tulpa community are put off by others' overly-obsessed attitudes towards sex. As a tulpa, you might not know or care about what's socially acceptable. However it's best to learn that, that way you'll have more opportunity to make friends. Not everyone wants to see a brand-new tulpa talking about how much they love sex, that's just weird and off-putting and has bad implications (like they're only acting like that because the host is making them). And the sort of people who do think that's acceptable well... they might not be the kind of people you want to attract, let's be honest.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)