Why do some tulpas like sex?

Guest Anonymous

Tulpas definitely aren't subject to accidental pregnancy due to sex. They have to want it and keep wanting it till they come to term.

Tulpa pregnancy was a controversial fad tulpa creation technique that flourished in the first two years of the forum among male host/female tulpa couples. It largely came to be regarded as unnecessary window dressing for more conventional forcing. There's an irreverent guide:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-glitchthe3rd-s-tulpaforcing-misadventures?pid=23491#pid23491

I've never heard that anyone wanted the tulpa pregnancy and not the resulting child. Generally, the couples wanted headmates who regarded them as parents.

It would take more PR digging than I’m willing to do right now to get an idea of long-term outcomes. But tulpas tend to approach the maturity level of the host very quickly in general, so I think the domestic vision of raising a child together is likely to be frustrated – unless perhaps the child is an NPC. On the other hand, if OSDD-1B systems can have littles, tulpamantic systems probably can too.

I’m with you though, Bear. I don’t want a telepathic connection to a baby or even a child.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tulpas definitely aren't subject to accidental pregnancy due to sex. They have to want it and keep wanting it till they come to term.

-Ember

I have seen tulpas do all kinds of wacky things they can't seem to control.  LOL  I don't think any possibility is off the table.  

It is interesting that it was kind of a creation technique fad.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Melian's Deviantart  Mistgod's Deviantart

The idea of a tulpa "child" physically birthed from one of my tulpas is about the most off-putting thing I can imagine. No, thanks.

But anyways, forcing a not-yet-vocal tulpa with the form of a child who ages over time doesn't seem too impossible to me... if that's really what a system wanted. Of course, as with an actual tulpa, you'd have to be prepared for them to learn a lot faster/know a lot more than a real child. I don't see that being a major problem though, unless you really wanted an "authentic" child-raising experience, then you might be disappointed, I dunno.

They certainly weren't young children, but my tulpas have been growing older at the same rate as me (even though literally none of their forms' origins should canonically be getting older lol) since I made them. It's only really noticeable years later though. And I'm unsure if there's a limit - they probably have to stay within relatively similar range of the pictures we base their forms on, so Lucilyn won't actually become an adult, maybe? We'll see... But I'm off-topic.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Interestingly, I have met someone in real life who asked my 'professional' opinion if getting a doll to satisfy the want to be a mother was insane. Not just get the doll, but for the next year or two go crazy and believe the 'doll' was a real baby. She is older, will never be a mother. That window is closed. She doesn't want to adopt, not just because of financial reasons, but because of declining health, and her age... there are times when I so want to promote tulpamancy!

When you consider the myriad of social and biological needs we all are touched by, even if its to a greater or lesser degree comparatively, and that we here have actually taken an active stance to address our individual needs, I am not sure why some 'needs' seem more tabu than others. The subject of children tulpa has been dialogued in our system. I have had multiple concerns about them. Do they remain infant for perpetuity, like Maggie from the Simpsons? Do they get to deviate? Do they get to develop over time, and at what rate? Are they their to meet the particular needs of the group or the individual? Will they get to chose where they live, in the active system or in background of a wonderland? This is an interesting and challenging existential dilemma, but it seems to me this no more challenging than any endeavor we have tackled within tulpamancy itself. I suspect whether we actively engage in 'tulpa' children or not, we entertain this more than we give it air time. Have you considered, 'I wonder what sort of parent I would be?" You have touched this. Have you ever considered the children in your favorite fiction, and did they ever entertain you when you imagined yourself in their stories. I have spent some serious time with the children of Narnia, and they have traveled with me since childhood. Even in childhood, they were children and adults that then became children again.

Ultimately, I think if I were just exploring intellectually with a person what it means and how it helps then, I am very open to this, and though I would encourage tulpamancy in general for everyone, this is one I wouldn't advocate per say, but I wouldn't say it's off limits. I am neutral. As for the woman who wanted the doll to engage in 'fake motherhood,' I advocated for the thing. She was most worried she would become crazy and believe it. I doubt that. That sounds like Hollywood movie set up. Are there people who I would advise not to entertain fantasy or tulpamancy, yeah... So, case by case evaluation is necessary... but most people, I would green light. As for the intra system need for children. They are there. Conveniently, they are there when we need them, like accessing a future thing, a future present thing... My ability to hold in my awareness is limited, and clearly Loxy gets the majority of that time. My inner life and wonderlands are partialed-out like episode time to a serial, and we all get are needs met in a reasonable fashion. There are people we meet for a season, and some that seem to linger. We don't question it or try to make it something specific, we simply experience it and trust that it is what the collective needed in order to grow.

...that doesn't seem at all like a good thing to do to a tulpa, or a child for that matter.

Look man, a tulpa is a person who shares a brain with you. You don't need to treat them like a child unless you are a child, as tulpas mature pretty damn quick. You also don't need to be super strict, loud, or punishy with them. Really, you can just talk to them about things. They share a brain and will understand.

If you're looking to fulfill some novelty of raising a kid in your head and being a "tiger parent," then I highly recommend using an NPC, not a tulpa. Tulpas aren't playthings and they aren't children.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Well, if you're looking for a child who is unhappy, socially inept, uncreative, lacks coping skills, and is possibly suicidal, go ahead and push their academic performance, conformity, and obedience above all else. But I'd really rather you didn't.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

This is an interesting and challenging existential dilemma, but it seems to me this no more challenging than any endeavor we have tackled within tulpamancy itself. ...  I wouldn't advocate per say, but I wouldn't say it's off limits.

I agree with this.  I wouldn't advocate it as a replacement for a real child.  But I see no reason why someone couldn't create a child like thoughtform if they were so inclined.  

Apollo...that doesn't seem at all like a good thing to do to a tulpa, or a child for that matter.

I see no reason why a person couldn't have a child tulpa if they could have a pony tulpa, a vampire tulpa, or a amorphous pile of slime tulpa.  

Look man, a tulpa is a person who shares a brain with you.

I mostly disagree with this, but you know that already. I would say a tulpa is an imaginary person.   

If you're looking to fulfill some novelty of raising a kid in your head and being a "tiger parent," then I highly recommend using an NPC, not a tulpa. Tulpas aren't playthings and they aren't children.

I see no reason why a person couldn't be a tiger parent to a tulpa, if they wanted to do that.  

If I wanted to create a tulpa for a plaything in my own mind, there isn't anything anyone could really do about it actually.  So, tulpas could be play things or sex slaves or servants or whatever.  I think it should be left up to the creator of a tulpa as to what they believe about what a tulpa actually is.  Not everyone believes they are real persons.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Melian's Deviantart  Mistgod's Deviantart