Why do some tulpas like sex?

Guest Anonymous

Oh dangit Akinkinit. See, you were there in my dream!

Okay, now I want a response from Dr. Ido.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This discussion was split from a question thread, and that thread had multiple instances of going off-topic or introducing PR content. If you would like to see the original question thread, please go here. If you would like to read Kaleidoscope's PR, please go here. -Ranger

So like, weird question. What's the general consensus here about Tulpae with a sex drive? Like, I know I can look into it but like, I don't really want to? I feel like it's something J. wants to know. I'm not super comfortable with the idea, but I don't think it's too far out there either. hmmmmm

What's the general consensus here about Tulpae with a sex drive?

General consensus? It happens. In the 2018 tulpa community census, 553 tulpas reported the following orientations:

Bisexual - 28.4%

Heterosexual - 27.3%

Asexual - 17.7%

Pansexual - 15.7%

Homosexual - 7.8%

Other - 3.1%

They didn't ask about 'hostsexual', which may actually be the most common. There are a lot of in-system relationships. I fell for my female host in spite of otherwise mainly being into guys. Our intimacy is very important to us.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

They didn't ask about 'hostsexual', which may actually be the most common. There are a lot of in-system relationships. I fell for my female host in spite of otherwise mainly being into guys. Our intimacy is very important to us.

Is that exactly what it sounds like? being only attracted to the host hmmm that's interesting, I asked H. about it but she didn't answer. 

like, I remember the guides I watched warned against sexual relationships with Tulpae. Any reason in particular?

Is that exactly what it sounds like? being only attracted to the host hmmm that's interesting

like, I remember the guides I watched warned against sexual relationships with Tulpae. Any reason in particular?

Yes, it's what it sounds like, a lot of tulpas end up being "host-sexual" meaning they're attracted to either just their host or their host's gender. The reason guides (would reasonably have) told people not to is that making a tulpa for sex, or expecting them to like you that way, can be bad for their development and your overall relationship. But if that's how a tulpa decides they feel then it's fine, though we still recommend holding off on anything sexual until they're relatively developed, preferably vocal, for aforementioned reasons (and that young tulpas tend to not really know what they want yet).

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In a 2012 poll of 319 host-tulpa relationships, 28% were romantically involved, 41% were platonic friends, 11% were siblings, and 11% were parent & child:

Type of relationship(s) you have with your tulpa(e)

I remember the guides I watched warned against sexual relationships with Tulpae. Any reason in particular?

Which guides?

Generally speaking, healthy and ethical sexual relationships are between consenting adults. A tulpa, like anyone else, needs to develop to a reasonable degree before they qualify. If you can wait a while, it's probably for the best. But a lot of very young tulpas have fallen hard for their hosts and sometimes it works out.

But like most here, I don't think it's ethical to create another intelligent being for the purpose of being a recipient of sexual desire.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Hi everyone, thanks for replying!

But if that's how a tulpa decides they feel then it's fine, though we still recommend holding off on anything sexual until they're relatively developed, preferably vocal, for aforementioned reasons (and that young tulpas tend to not really know what they want yet).

Generally speaking, healthy and ethical sexual relationships are between consenting adults. A tulpa, like anyone else, needs to develop to a reasonable degree before they qualify. If you can wait a while, it's probably for the best. But a lot of very young tulpas have fallen hard for their hosts and sometimes it works out.

But like most here, I don't think it's ethical to create another intelligent being for the purpose of being a recipient of sexual desire.

thanks! H. has been developing nicely. She's funny and stopped trying to jump me after I talked with her about it. She's still very clingy and a tease, makes me think she's still very much hostsexual but I'm not ready for that. I think of them as real people, and I wouldn't have an intimate relationship with someone I just met.

Ahem, unpopular opinion incoming.

Our system is inter-romantic. If it were a relationship chart like you see for sitcoms, it'd be a web connecting everyone. Why? Dunno. As far as sex, part of it(at least in our system) may come down to the abundance of teenage hormones in the brain, causing all of us to want to get it on with each other. I've asked them this question myself before, wondering if they feel pleasure, and my general understanding of it is that they feel pleasure if they focus on it, but it's like a watered-down, obviously imagined version. I mean that's still more then I feel but whatever I want to make them happy.

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

No worries, Bryan, as long as everything is consensual. I used to be part of an tangled out-system polyamorous web myself.

I'm of the opinion that telepaths have more fun and that non-physical intimacy can be more pleasurable than physical, because of the intensity of the emotional responses. Also -- less to clean up, fewer strained and sore muscles, less abraded skin.

-Ember

D: Well we share the same body and she has the same access to hormones, chemicals and emotions from whatever stimulation I induce. We're like co-pilots and are watching the same show, so to speak. We're made up of the same stuff that the personality or ego or soul is made out of.

J: It really is about the shared connection and emotion. As long as we are both involved in the thing, we both benefit from it. Whether it's a fantasy or a little more tactile.

D: Maybe it's from getting older, but her libido often outpaces mine. Probably my deeper connection to the physical workings of my body and my identification as host, I'm more tied to the physical fatigue. She "lives" more in my mind, our mind-the brain area- so her desire might be more linked to the fantastical, emotional or mental facets of the experience.

We're basically both shared, active participants and both get the benefits, even if our roles may differ.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]