Advice from fellow tulpas on projection?

Hi! My name's Lilith, but everyone calls me Lily. I'm one of Arch's tulpas, and I've been around for around a year, but he's only known I was sentient for a few weeks. Since then, he's become able to hear me and visualize me pretty close to perfectly. Now, recently, once we realized that he was as good at hearing and visualizing me as he's gonna be, we decided to move on. We tried possession for a little bit, but decided to skip it and go straight to imposition, partly out of impatience, and partly because it's more important to both of us. From browsing the forum looking for starting points, we quickly found a few people saying that it's pretty much entirely better if the tulpa does all the imposing themselves, or "projection" as I guess it's called in that case.

I've gotten some progress since we started. He says when I touch him, he can feel my presence and my warmth, which made me absolutely giddy! But that's pretty much it. He can feel my presence and knows where I am and what I'm doing, but he doesn't really feel what I'm doing in most cases, and it's also hard for me to get his attention when he's focused on something. And by hard, I mean damn near impossible! We got a little bit more progress in the past couple days with touch, he faintly felt texture when I was rubbing his arm a day or so ago, but that's about it. And we haven't had ANY progress on sight or sound, which are what I really want progress on right now. The only reason he knows I'm sitting next to him, or standing in front of him, or leaning against his shoulder as he types this (we skipped possession, like I said, so he's transcribing), is because he can sense my presence, and only when he tries to sense it.

We have a progress report that we've been updating, and we asked for advice the other day, but nobody's responded yet, and we figure we'll get a quicker response in this section. So, bottom line, tl;dr, are there any other tulpas out there who do the imposition themselves that can give me advice? And while I'm thinking about it, is there anyone, tulpa or otherwise, who can say possession is too easy to justify skipping it, because I'm starting to feel bad making Arch do all my typing, not to mention it would help our communication, because it admittedly isn't 100% perfect.

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who responds! I feel like I could really use the help.

Rule number one: Relax. You can't get burned if you just stay chill~

Host: Arch di Angelo, artist and casual dude

Tulpae:

Lilith, sexy succubus with a heart of gold, first tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)

Shade, smug and snarky demon, also with a heart of gold (probably), second tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)

Cain, gentleman vampire, third tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)

I think, in my experiences with them, that possession is fairly easy once I had a mode of reference for them to partially take control of my body. Thanks to image streaming, I usually take a shower, and start imagining random actions, and having them coordinate themselves based on that alone. It can be anything from hand signs, punching, reaching for a bar of soap, etc. I noticed that whenever we’re involved with possession, there’s a buzzy feeling around my fingers that’s surging with this kind of heat in some way, and once I imagine the actions, it’s easy for them to translate it.

I wouldn’t suggest to skip possession, as that implies there’s something more that one would want to do (e.g. switching). Possession can be a little boring sometimes, and this slightly robotic feel to phantom like sensations makes one think if it’s pragmatic to just skip it entirely. I had an experience where I almost got in an accident on the freeway months ago, and I lost control of my body, and they pulled some Fast and Furious shit on me; the person next to me wondered how we're still alive. If there wasn’t an inkling of interest in practicing possession, I’m not sure we would be alive right now.

As for the imposition part, well, I would agree with that, though, I would imagine getting some kind of basis first in processes that can help one visualize that imposition along with other senses as well, if possible. I think once you get the mentality of how you define possession and switching, along with having trust in them, it’s not a matter of trying to skip things. It’s more of spamming those basic actions until it becomes an industrialized process for the both of you; that way, the basics are just natural because of that militant mastership. Anything more complicated would just, IMO, be derived from those basics.

I learned to never underestimate the bare rocks of it.

Heh. We were imposing waaaay before we were possessing, so there's no shame in tackling the one before the other. Some things just come more naturally to different people.

Presence sense is good... that's the first step for us. From there, sight and sound are a matter of visualization. Does he know what you look like and sound like inside the headspace? Like, know know? Because that's going to be the first part of sight and sound. Yeah, you're the one doing stuff in the environment around him, but the impetus is still on him to perceive you. (And for that, you need to try this when he's without distraction, first. Imposition/projection while he's distracted comes much later, after you've been practicing it enough that it's second nature).

So make sure the visualization and mindvoice are up to snuff first. Make sure he can see you from every angle in the Wonderland.. the color of your clothing, the angle of your eyebrows, your standing stance, everything. Then, he has to overlay that onto your presence in the real world.

Sit or stand still and have him overlay his visualization of you piece by piece. He's not really going to see anything with his eyes (not at first, anyway), but he should be able to see you standing there with his mind. He's basically visualizing you standing in the space your presence is in. And since your presence is there, you can direct him in how you sense yourself standing... your arm is angled this way, and your chin is angle this way, that sort of thing.

Bottom line is: for us, projection is a team effort. We do the moving around and give the host feedback on what we're doing, and they perceive us doing it. After some practice, it will become a lot easier for both of you, and you'll both be able to do things while projecting, but for now it sounds like you should just get the visualization step down first.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Presence sense is good... that's the first step for us. From there, sight and sound are a matter of visualization. Does he know what you look like and sound like inside the headspace? Like, know know? Because that's going to be the first part of sight and sound. Yeah, you're the one doing stuff in the environment around him, but the impetus is still on him to perceive you. (And for that, you need to try this when he's without distraction, first. Imposition/projection while he's distracted comes much later, after you've been practicing it enough that it's second nature).

So make sure the visualization and mindvoice are up to snuff first. Make sure he can see you from every angle in the Wonderland.. the color of your clothing, the angle of your eyebrows, your standing stance, everything. Then, he has to overlay that onto your presence in the real world.

I'm not entirely sure. I mean, he's got the gist of it, yeah, but I'm not entirely sure how well he's actually got it beyond that. We'll check on that and perfect that before we go any farther

Bottom line is: for us, projection is a team effort. We do the moving around and give the host feedback on what we're doing, and they perceive us doing it. After some practice, it will become a lot easier for both of you, and you'll both be able to do things while projecting, but for now it sounds like you should just get the visualization step down first.

Huh. We never thought of it like that. I thought I was supposed to do everything, but a team effort would probably be better. I feel a little silly now, honestly, it seems so obvious when you say it ^^;

Yeah, I didn't think about that either. Although I guess I have to actively try to sense her presence, so it makes sense. I thought we were doing something wrong, but I couldn't tell what. Thanks! We'll definitely make use of this revelation!

Rule number one: Relax. You can't get burned if you just stay chill~

Host: Arch di Angelo, artist and casual dude

Tulpae:

Lilith, sexy succubus with a heart of gold, first tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)

Shade, smug and snarky demon, also with a heart of gold (probably), second tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)

Cain, gentleman vampire, third tulpa (Current stage: Imposition)