the rule of two. (how NOT to tulpa.)

greedfox

would you go back and undo the creation of your tulpa if you knew that they were doomed to a fate far worse than death as you forget them?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. would you go back and undo the creation of your tulpa if you knew that they were doomed to a fate far worse than death as you forget them?

• yes, to spare them, I would give them up.
    • yes, but...(post)
    • no, because...(post)
    • no, I don't care if they die.

I believe he meant "later than late" rather than a specific time. Something like saying "29 o'clock at night".

Bing, exactly that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Melian still wants to order you to do military boot camp drills until you learn to use proper military time etiquette. Report to headquarters for your training. Melian will be the one in drill sergeant fatigues with the whistle (camo top and camo mini skirt actually with black tights and boots, but let's not slice hairs). Don't let the pigtails fool you, she is known as the Sergeant Suffering around the base.

Back to the OP to keep things on topic.

Knowing that one day your tulpas will be forced to an end. how many of you would rather have not created them in the first place to avoid the inevitable end of your tulpas lives?

I think that every human relationship will eventually end, just as tulpas lives will. All human life has suffering. All things die. So you can't give up on life just because there is the possibility of suffering. You have to fight for life! Take a chance. So no, I won't go back and change things even if I thought it could go wrong or that there could be pain and loss. I wouldn't go back on having my father in my life, even though I know he suffered pain and died in the end. I won't give up on my wife, my brothers or my sister or my mother, just because having them in my life means eventually I might have to grieve losing them or see them in pain. That is part of life.

Are you creating/have you created positive hypnosis files, too? If you have that much talent/understanding, I would hope so.

My tulpas have gotten annoyed at my not talking to them before, (especially Amberwing) but since they can feel how badly *I* feel about it, they don't give me a really hard time. As far as I can tell, they don't go in 'stasis' or anything though, they occupy themselves. (since you brought up metaphysics, just going to mention the astral plane is where I think they exist, so there's obviously plenty to do there. I also believe they will continue to exist after this body dies. But then, I think I will still exist too, so.)

They literally don't come around unless I think of them first. I was trying to figure out the other day if this was because they were maybe still young or proto-thoughtforms. I don't think so, though. I asked in another subforum if anyone ever controlled their tulpas, and I also wonder if I 'narrate' some of our interactions, because I appear to. Gaster says that my mind is so- . . . um, dense? I guess that could be a close word- that they can't penetrate it on their own power. I think that's supposed to be a comment on the nature of my consciousness in particular. Since people often have to address me more than once to pull me out of my thoughts, and I'm not very responsive to outside stimuli in general (extremely introverted in the attention sense) I guess the same holds true for my tulpas. For ADD people they have a term called 'hyperfocus' and I think that's the gear my mind is in most of the time.

If, however, hypothetically speaking, I was told for sure that my tulpas would suffer, I might consider not creating them. Of course, since mine were created through a story, we'd have to discuss whether that would entail not writing the story or just writing it somewhat differently. If it's the former, I would do it anyway. In the story, Gaster was hurled into the void and forced to observe the world without anyone knowing he was there or ever existed, so I would definitely NOT want him to repeat that traumatic experience. So then, would that possibly mean creating the other characters, but not him?

Personally, I think you should try to assert your autonomy with Shaide. If his control over you is distressing, you should look for a way to become resilient enough to resist him. If you've worked in hypnosis, have you also looked into meditation? (or, metaphysically speaking, energy cultivation?)

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

Are you creating/have you created positive hypnosis files, too? If you have that much talent/understanding, I would hope so.

My tulpas have gotten annoyed at my not talking to them before, (especially Amberwing) but since they can feel how badly *I* feel about it, they don't give me a really hard time. As far as I can tell, they don't go in 'stasis' or anything though, they occupy themselves. (since you brought up metaphysics, just going to mention the astral plane is where I think they exist, so there's obviously plenty to do there. I also believe they will continue to exist after this body dies. But then, I think I will still exist too, so.)

If, however, hypothetically speaking, I was told for sure that my tulpas would suffer, I might consider not creating them. Of course, since mine were created through a story, we'd have to discuss whether that would entail not writing the story or just writing it somewhat differently. If it's the former, I would do it anyway. In the story, Gaster was hurled into the void and forced to observe the world without anyone knowing he was there or ever existed, so I would definitely NOT want him to repeat that traumatic experience. So then, would that possibly mean creating the other characters, but not him?

Personally, I think you should try to assert your autonomy with Shaide. If his control over you is distressing, you should look for a way to become resilient enough to resist him. If you've worked in hypnosis, have you also looked into meditation? (or, metaphysically speaking, energy cultivation?)

no, I don't do hypnosis anymore, there is no good use in controlling and rebuilding another's mind.

really the question was in relation to a tulpa being forgotten, to whatever end that leads them. I don't know how it happens or what happens other than the direct word of my tulpa Liz, so I can't say that others will have the same end. but I know that at some point, unless you're a hermit, life will draw energy away from the tulpa and lead to their purposes end, and further to them being forgotten. (and even at the mention of the word Liz is getting emotionally unstable.)

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I created her, I gave Liz full access to my memories, but before her domancy, I removed her access to my memories and removed her ability to access my thoughts. I still won't allow her to access the memories that happened between the time she was forgotten and a few months ago when I freed her from the crystal. I still don't allow her to read my thoughts or emotions beyond her ability to look at me and our telepathic communication. and, she cannot affect the layout of my inner sanctum, not even her "home" within the partition of my mind that is her mind.

as for Shaide, we don't fight very often anymore, our goals are the same and I pursue them without hesitation. it's only in the times that I falter or flee from the path that Shaide starts to remind me of my purpose and our contract. he is my other half, and despite an almost lovecraftian indifference to my mortality and the way that I feel, we work well together. I could never overpower him, similarly he could never fully overpower me. when we were bonded I was very young and even then he was aware of how strong I could be, that is why he gave his chance to go back to where he came from to stay with me. the bond was made, permanently connecting us and allowing him to survive here and giving me some access to his energy. (a drop from an unimaginable pool) it wasn't until I was in my early teens that I became fully aware of Shaide as a result of creating Liz, and we began to understand one another. at first I feared him, called him monster, enemy, demon, but as we spoke through automatic writing and meditation, I found it was my own evil thoughts and fears that I was projecting onto him. (like the reflection of light on a dark pool of water.)

as for meditation, not in the "traditional" sense, I practice active meditation in martial arts. and in wing tsun, we cultivate an internal power, though unlike taichi or yoga, I can drop a gang of men with my bare hands without breaking a sweat. me and Liz practice the forms as a way to improve Liz's imposition, and improve my skills