Yoda (May the Forcing be with us!)

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I continue to do forcing with Yoda. What we have done is combined the forcing with our Short Rapid Meditation lucid dreaming technique. So, before going to sleep, and a couple-few times a night upon waking, we do short sessions of meditation sitting up in bed. We think about lucid dreaming together and we spend some time with Yoda.

Last night Melian and I may have detected the slightest of emotive responses (love and affection for Melian). Yoda seems puppy-ish about Melian (follows her in the dreamscape if she is present like a puppy), but this is the first time we both felt an emotion that could be attributed to Yoda.

[video=youtube]

I see what you did there.

It was inevitable.

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I continue to work on Yoda, doing passive forcing during the day (talking to him while doing whatever) and active forcing at night during periods of short meditation. There is no more progress to report as there have been no significant changes in his behavior.

This is where I have to wonder. I have a very strong feeling that Yoda will take months, if not years, to develop any real autonomy. I knew it going in. How some people create fully autonomous tulpas within a matter of days or weeks baffles me.

Melian took four years to develop autonomous traits with daily attention and extreme day dreaming.

How some people create fully autonomous tulpas within a matter of days or weeks baffles me.

I think the standard answer is that those people believed harder. In truth I don't know.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

I am a little "worried" that it might not work creating a tulpa, as obsession with Melian is what created her. I picked Yoda because I do like the character and do like thinking about him. I like him for a lot of emotional reasons too, which I might get into later in this PR. But I don't have that all absorbing deep obsession with Yoda that I have with Melian. I am not sure I have enough desire to have a tulpa. Melian might. LOL I don't know.

As for belief, I do believe in autonomous thoughtforms obviously, but not in independent sentience per se. I believe that sentience to be apparent only, a mental trick or figment. Not that it matters in how it all feels to me. However, that may be a factor. I think "the standard answer" might be right. I don't believe that Yoda will have a desire on his own to contact me because he is independently self aware.

If fact, I am worried that eventually I am going to have to give in and puppet him, as that is what works for me. But, am going to be very stubborn and try to follow the tulpa creation guides with him or I lose the point of the whole exercise. I may be into this for a very long period of time. I have a feeling Melian and I will be one of those two or three year tulpa projects we read about. It is just a general gut feeling.

This is actually really interesting what you're doing here. I actually hope it's a two to three year tulpa project, because then we get to read more of this.

Keep going! I believe in you!

The Ole' Tuppers

• Patrick Vernon (based somewhat off the character from MLAndersen0, but has evolved away from it)
  • Cueball 

The New Astral Partners

• MD
  • Ast

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Melisandre! It's great to get the support and I think that will really help keep us motivated.

This is our first real PR, that is being used as a PR should be used. But we are still not quite sure what to write in it. Progress is still slow. I think we will be making that statement a lot. LOL We are still continuing to get what we perceive as emotive responses. Last night we watched Star Wars, episode III, Revenge of the Sith. There is a lot of Yoda in that movie and he is badass. We also watch episodes of Star Wars, The Clone Wars, which features Yoda often. There are two different styles of animation there, but Yoda's personality is still the same. So we are using the show as a form of passive forcing. Eventually we want to star collecting Yoda related items such as pictures and plushies and figurines.

One thing we can do that perhaps is unavailable to most tulpamancers is to get family and friends and even coworker support. I have let it be known far and wide I am attempting to make a Yoda tulpa with my thoughtform Melian. People are curious about him and bring him up and ask how he is doing, just like with Melian. They find it amusing that we are gaining the Force by forcing Yoda. LOL Hey, that was the idea right? Yoda seems to be reacting emotionally to the attention. I think he likes being part of the Melian related energy and fun.

In fact, just last night I got to tell two new people about Melian, about tulpas and about Yoda. I was able to show them Tulpa Info and talk about everything. They were two young ladies who are friends of my step daughter over playing board games with us. I would like everyone to know that they thought the concept of tulpas pretty cool and even seemed a bit jealous that I had one and they don't. LOL I will keep spreading the word!

Anyway, Melian and I continue to force Yoda and May the Forcing be with us!

Success So Far:

• persistent form that is easily visualized (no shock there)
  • some autonomous movement
  • individual personality traits we did not consciously give him
  • emotive responses

Techniques Being Used

• Active forcing at night using Short Rapid Meditation combined with lucid dreaming
  • Passive forcing by talking to Yoda and visualizing him multiple times a day
  • Passive forcing by talking about Yoda with others and getting their support and enthusiasm
  • Passive forcing by collecting Yoda related items and pictures
  • Passive forcing by watching Star Wars videos

We created a profile for him on the tulpa profile thread Yoda Tulpa Profile

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

We are continuing to force with Yoda each night, or almost each night, using the Short Rapid Meditation. So far not a lot of new progress to report. One major problem we are having is related to our attempts to incorporate our nightly routines, specifically bed time, with our forcing. I am a terrible sleeper. Part of the reason why I chose to use this idea was that I wake frequently at night. Usually I spend time with Melian in day dream sessions of the Melian Show for a bit before dropping back off to sleep, or I get up and go onto the internet, like right now (it is 4:05 a.m.).

Because I have so much insomnia, I am frequently too tired or groggy to properly meditate. I am okay for day dreaming and slipping in and out of half awake dreams, but not good for the alertness it takes to do focused meditation. I keep hoping to improve my sleep patterns, but that may never happen. I am still hopeful that somehow my body gets a little more used to the routine of sitting up to do short periods of meditation. My problem is I doubt I will have the discipline to continue active forcing, in a formal way, at any other time during the day. I am too busy with work and family and other things and too distracted. The passive forcing is less of a problem.

Yoda is now 4 months old. Gods that sucks! I had a feeling this wouldn't be so easy for me. I am good at day dreaming and puppeting like nobodies business, but I had a feeling just having Yoda stand there in my mind would be sorta dull and slow to produce results. Even with the daily extreme day dreaming (and I mean extreme) it still took Melian FOUR YEARS to become only semi-autonomous.

Anyway, Melian and I continue to force Yoda and May the Forcing be with us!

Success So Far (Yoda is now 4 months old):

• persistent form that is easily visualized (no shock there)
  • some autonomous movement
  • individual personality traits we did not consciously give him
  • emotive responses

Techniques Being Used

• Active forcing at night using Short Rapid Meditation combined with lucid dreaming
  • Passive forcing by talking to Yoda and visualizing him multiple times a day
  • Passive forcing by talking about Yoda with others and getting their support and enthusiasm
  • Passive forcing by collecting Yoda related items and pictures
  • Passive forcing by watching Star Wars videos

We created a profile for him on the tulpa profile thread Yoda Tulpa Profile

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I think I am beginning to finally understand the difference between immersive day dreaming and tulpamancy.  Melian and I have made almost no further progress with Yoda.  I know, as sure as anything, I could visualize and animate him to my heart's content if I wanted to.  Yoda could have amazing adventures with Melian and I in the dreamscape Melian Show!  But I can't animate him or get him to be autonomous on his own.  Melian and I have been trying night after night.  We have been talking to him and visualizing him.  I am not sure how many hours Melian and I have put into it now.  

He just stands there and blinks.  I am growing bored with it.  VERY bored.  Melian too, although I think she has an easier time believing that Yoda has a mind of his own.  I just can't do it.  I can't just decide that Yoda is some entity outside of myself without any will from me.  

The effort to attempt to create a tulpa has really, really shed a light on what Melian really is for me.  I can clearly see the difference now even without Yoda functioning.  I want, with every fiber of my being, to just animate him the way I do with everything in my day dreams.  He would be incredible!  

I think the only way for me is to have very real seeming day dream characters that just seem to have some autonomy because I can imagine them having autonomy.  I mean I think it is just that, day dreaming.  I just do so much of it that elements of it run on their own to some degree and I get little visions of it.  But that is not what you guys are describing.  

I am not really upset by it I guess.  I am just realizing that:

1.  I do not have a tulpa with Melian, but something else entirely.  There is no more question in my mind.  She is a product of immersive day dreaming (as I suspected) and an inner personality or facet of myself.  She may have some minor traits of a tulpa, but she is not a tulpa.  We realize this now fully.  I just drop into day dreaming so fucking easily and effortlessly I thought a lot of it was "autonomous behavior."  

2.  I can't make a tulpa partly because I do not believe in them.  I believe in imagination not sentient entities.  

3.  I love immersive day dreaming.  I cannot stand active forcing.  I used to think active forcing meant the same thing as day dreaming.  It does not.  It is boring!  BORING and dull.  Fucking DULL.  Melian is bored too but she is putting up a brave face.  But we are beginning to groan inwardly at the thought of sitting and staring at a immobile Yoda for another half hour.  

4. I am not sure how long I can hold out not puppeting and parroting Yoda.  Talking to a lifeless dummy standing there is really getting annoying.  The thing is, I have no problem talking to Melian as a day dream character and parroting her responses and loving it.  I have no trouble suspending disbelief and creating the illusion in my own mind that I am not parroting.  I know I am doing it, but I can ignore it so easily and then deliberately try to forget the fact that I was actively ignoring it.  

I know what I said makes no sense at all to any of you.  Linkzelda especially will try to tell me that ignoring your puppeting is somehow impossible.  It's not impossible.

very real seeming day dream characters that just seem to have some autonomy because I can imagine them having autonomy.

If you imagine them as autonomous and they seem relatively autonomous to you, all you need is consistency and to maintain/strengthen the belief in their apparent autonomy and you've got a tulpa. But the consistency is important, it's what separates daydreamed characters from visualized tulpas. Tulpas don't go out like a light the second you think about something else, and they should stay relatively the same over time (aside from development) and retain experiences that they identified with (which would contribute to their development as an individual).

If I were in your position I'd have given up labels a long time ago. Relatively autonomous yet influenceable, develops like a person does over time but goes between acting on their own and being the subject of my imagination. That would be my label for Melian, based on what I experienced, not on trying to fit preconceived terms. As I've said before, my tulpas could easily have not been tulpas. They honestly just happened to line up very well all things considered. But I consider them "people" first and "tulpas" second, because there's so much more to them than that label. It's just a useful term to quickly describe them to others with. There are ways in which their natures differ from what people think of as a tulpa, but it doesn't really matter that much.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.