anyone had a brain scan while having a tulpa?

isn't there a free one? a guide i mean.

All of those articles are the free guide. She made the book well after she wrote most of those. There are other places than her site too. But if you don't want to pay then I would just pretend the book doesn't exist. The book is not magic. We have it and it changed nothing, and taught us little we hadn't already learned from her articles.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of those articles are the free guide. She made the book well after she wrote most of those. There are other places than her site too. But if you don't want to pay then I would just pretend the book doesn't exist. The book is not magic. We have it and it changed nothing, and taught us little we hadn't already learned from her articles.

does it even work? its rather hard to believe

does it even work? its rather hard to believe

I projected once. Ended up in low orbit with no clue as to how I got there, panicked, instantly returned to my body and gasped like I was waking up from a nightmare.

The set up: I had reached a point where I was just "done" with everything. I think that detached/jaded state of mind allowed me to disconnect from my body.

Every time I've tried to recreate the experience I've failed miserably. I've used drugs, every form of meditation you can think of, music... every method there is a name for.

My best guess is that the desire to do it is blocking me from being able to do it.

As for believing it... I was completely awake when it happened (just meditating in front of a candle).

I could have fallen asleep and had a lucid dream. It happened instantly though, so that's why I'm doubtful.

In any case, I certainly COULD have imagined it.

But hell, I can't even visualize my own mindscapes that vividly. I wish I could!

I've long since given up. So whether it was real or not... meh.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

Tons of people say it does, sure. We never were able to verify a single thing in new age spirituality that wasn't logically explained with existing science. We have a close friend who absolutely would not lie that says they've astral projected. So, our working hypothesis is that it's a state of mind akin to lucid dreaming. They are not the same thing, but related, altered states of consciousness.

We're just passing on information we got from other sources, none of it's first party. Except, you know, the lack of anything happening. That's first party.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Before I'll believe in astral projection, I must ask, what does the astral plane look like?

That said I have had several out of body experiences. That is what we are actually shooting for for proper switching, until someone says that's not right.

So like, are tulpas, like born astrally projecting or am I way off base?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Uh, no, nobody that believes "switching" requires projecting their astral bodies considers their headmates tulpas, as far as I know. We're a rather "scientific" community. Not as in WE DO SCIENCE FUND US way, but, you know. For us the leaving/entering the body thing is just symbolic visualization. Being visualized in an actual environment is not our natural state, we tend to exist normally in mindspace "around the head". A very non-one-to-one space I'd call anywhere from the head to ~two feet away. We can visualize ourselves very similarly to imposition around that space, in a way that mirrors the physical environment but is fairly distorted, ie we can stand inside of walls or other objects and despite the wall being a foot away, we "are" several feet away. So we just use that space to visualize our forms as energy-silhouettes taking up the same space as the physical body (if we're currently controlling it that is). I'd say it's closely related to the "sense of presence" we talk about in imposition, feeling like someone is there regardless of what your senses tell you.

Out of body experiences are, from what I hear, a little more "real". You literally feel like you are elsewhere (usually just a few feet away), yet your body is where it was. That means your entire thinking mind and consciousness 'came with you'. I do not believe a tulpa could control the body while the host was in this state. The host simply can't maintain the same state of mind they're used to, because the thinking mind is a very specific part of your brain used for conscious acts like visualizing, calculating, or creating new ideas in general. Generally (as far as I know) the host needs to pass control of that off to their tulpa, leaving them in typically the same state their tulpas are usually in.

Kind of off topic/metaphysical

[hidden]If you're asking from a metaphysical context.. Absolutely not, you cannot switch by astral projecting. Projecting is literally moving your consciousness out of your body, leaving it as an empty shell (that you are attached to by a cord, from what I've heard). A tulpa is usually considered part of your brain/mind along with you, to my understanding they would project with you and perhaps manifest as energy if you wanted to remain separate. It would not be called switching anymore, but having something else control your body while you projected would be called (the more traditional meaning of the term) possession. From where I learned this information (Erin Pavlina), it's generally not possible to possess a body when its owner still has a strong connection to it. They would have to be in a very bad place mentally or close to death. And I don't know of any entities that would want to control a human body in the first place. Supposedly "darker" or "lower plane" entities feed off energy from humans, including demons perhaps, but this is so far from science and close to religion that I'm not comfortable even relaying information from Erin on it. She says demons may do many things to try and steal your energy, but that actual possession is either extremely unlikely or unheard of, I forget.

Anyways. Not my primary set of beliefs there, just information we've collected from outside sources. I honestly believe Erin tailors information on these subjects to be more empowering to the individual than other sources do, so if you are into that stuff, I guess you don't need to take her word for it.[/hidden]

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 years later...

I felt like necroing this thread because apparently I found the lost astral projection thread XD, but also because this topic is interesting to me.

Back to the OP's topic, Brain scans wouldn't be valuable if you don't know how to use them. I heard Pleeb is a psychologist in training; Why don't we wait a few years and have him hook us up to some EEG machines or something?

I'm tempted to ask various people to type a letter up and have someone deliver the letter to a university or something. plop it on some psych department's desk and see if anything interesting happens. The hard part would be the delivery and which university...

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

A lot of that sort of thing still requires a funding source. If you had funding, then you would still need a professor who is interested in taking the task. Given both, there would be bias and career protection measures in place. The professor doesn't want to stray too far from related mainstream such that any of their resulting publications lack a peer group to review them. A periodical or other publication must then pick it up and get past their editors with any useful information intact.

In other words, a hobbyist with knowledge and passion would probably get us further; still, publishing anything without a common basis of understanding would be close to impossible to be widely accepted. Thus there is a huge lag between new discovery and scientific acceptance.

This field (tulpamancy) may require a lot of guerilla marketing to generate funding. That exposes us to the public. My pessimistic side still presumes the worst if that happened. Our community is a delicate little turtle slowly moving along, the public has sledgehammers.

A possible scenario (among many others) is that someone knows a professor (friend) in the right field, who understands the fundamentals of tulpamancy through personal interest, has enough passion to pursue it in their spare time, and slowly builds a foundation of published research over the course of a career, possibly not even tied to their current position then says, 'oh hey, look, tulpas!'

Another scenario is 'alternative medicine' or 'new age thinking' among other publications that have a very loose tie to science if at all, and cannot typically be used as a basis. At least it would get published and have some answers, but still without peer review from experts in the field, the value is limited.

Imagine i went to a group of behavioral psychologists or psychiatrists and said, "i had paranoia and MDD and i 'cured myself' here's how, tulpas! I merely back seat fronted and gained an on demand support group of love and joy."

If they could, they'd have me committed 'for observation'.

Thus we need a basis in probably a few fields and an understanding of the fields and a collection of references that form a reasonable space for peer review.

With enough understanding and exposure to these fields, writing a research paper based on curremt available works would be trivial. With limited cross field knowledge, writing a convincing research paper would be a monumental task.

Step 1, become an expert in tulpamancy.

Step 2, become fluent in any other related field(s) that could encompass it.

Step 3, self fund, self market, self expose and survive tough scrutiny from your peers (this is routine for new ideas)

Without 1 above, the misunderstanding and appropriation could be devastating.

Without 2 above, the power to publish is missing

Without 3 above, the opportunity would be seemingly nonexistent.

OP,

I agree, but what it shows is up for expert interpretation. From my limited undrstanding, i believe that interpretation is necessarily biased as i have presented above.

I am left feeling pessimistic.

I don't like that.

A brute force method could be employed, but what that entails would require someone who is an expert in this field to deduce. Some users here are very knowledgeable, but are they experts? An expert of a simple subset maybe. That might be enough to try, but that would be left up to the supposed experts' own preferences, creativity, and passions. With connections, fields of choice, or ample knowledge absorption.

The end result could give us further evidence to support our claims, or just evidence to support a subset of claims to a specific system's model.

Ahh, this topic again. We've had our fights with other users about the subject and it's been discussed countless times. But Mr. Bear has already summed it up nicely. Especially the issue of data analysis and interpretation. Forget about doing any of that at home as a layman with your makeshift EEG. Short story - such research is much harder than most imagine.

Oh, another huge obstacle are legal issues btw. Sadly the great days of human experimentation are over, nowadays you require the permission of an ethics board to commit such research. In western countries at least. As if you were to kill your unfortunate test subjects to analyze their brains. Furthermore you are generating, processing and storing sensitive personal and medical information and have to follow data protection laws. So most professionals are reluctant to do any of this stuff privately outside of official research projects. Because if you boast around you did any kind of experiments with Prof. X the poor guy maybe in for some serious trouble.

Several people have actually tried to get academic research projects funded, most were never heard from again or it did not end well *coughFordcough*

However there seems to be at least one study ongoing, not sure what's the current status though. So I wouldn't say it's beyond hope to capture evidence of differences in brain activity between tulpas and hosts, but do not expect too much to happen anytime soon. Something positive at the end, now that tulpas aren't almost exclusively pastel-colored cartoon horses anymore the whole subject might get taken a tad more seriously.

Super Girls don't cry