Sleep Deprivation effects on tulpaforcing

The Ping

I believe that when one's deprived of sleep, the subconscious is more active, thus enhancing any activity regarding interaction with one's tulpae. Only one issue remains: focus.

I may not have a fully sentient tupper yet, but I will try to undergo 3 sessions whilst sleep deprived and see if it enhances or hinders my progress.

Let not the sun go down on my wrath

I let it shake the world

Vengeance is the grudge I bear

flag of reckoning unfurled

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingfisher

Considering I got my first

and craziest

response from Mia one time on bed while I was up for too long, it would seem that sleep deprivation is, indeed, effective.

The conscious, unconscious and subconscious minds are all active at the same time. Basically, the conscious mind does the focus and imagining, while the subconscious does the implanting of new data, as well as reliving recorded data from previous experiences.

Sleep deprivation weakens the conscious mind, allowing it to do as little activity as possible to the point of being able to consciously do only a few things, which would be forcing and programming the subconscious. Then, the subconscious, being under the conscious mind's commands, would only process information allowed by the conscious, which would probably be data on forcing.

Speaking from experience: No effects, other than making forcing more difficult.

I lost plenty of sleep for two nights while studying (cramming) for an exam.

When I was sleep deprived, I found it more difficult to concentrate (therefore force).

When I eventually got focussed, I had to constantly fight the urge to drift off to sleep which, in itself, can be quite distracting.

In the end, by body gave in and I fell asleep.

My tulpa didn't bug me for attention at any point. (She may not have been developed enough to do so, but...)

The thought response that I get now while thinking about this topic is that she would just let me sleep, knowing how important it is for my body at that point.

It is easier to hear my tulpa while in a near-sleep state, but if I'm in that state while sleep deprived, I won't be able to remain conscious for very long before drifting off to sleep.

One all-nighter will have no effect on me, but 2 or 3 nights of little or no sleep probably will.

If I'm ever deprived of sleep for a longer period (and I remember this thread) I may post results. Although the outcome will likely remain the same - In which case I won't post results.

Guest kingfisher

What if you take a large does of synthetic melatonin in order to emulate the effects of sleep deprivation? But without the mental exhaustion.

There's only one way to find out, I think.

I believe that when one's deprived of sleep, the subconscious is more active, thus enhancing any activity regarding interaction with one's tulpae. Only one issue remains: focus.

Absolutely.

When I would force sleep-deprived, I would get all kinds of hypnagogic imagery, but focus was gone.

What if you take a large does of synthetic melatonin in order to emulate the effects of sleep deprivation? But without the mental exhaustion.

I've done this actually. It's very strange. It made my mind wander and put me in a spacey-kind of mindset. I didn't force for that long however, but I did wake up several times in the middle of the night afterwards thinking all kinds of incoherent thoughts.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Guest kingfisher

Absolutely.

When I would force sleep-deprived, I would get all kinds of hypnagogic imagery, but focus was gone.

That's because the conscious mind is initially the one in charge of keeping you focused and wakeful, and lack of sleep only makes it weaker.

I've come to the hypothesis of the possibility of optimal sleep-deprived forcing by finding out the right proportion of activity needed between the conscious and subconscious. I believe the right amount of wakefulness combined with the right amount of subconscious activity would create the perfect setting for vivid hallucinations and forcing with enough mental capacity to focus.

I've come to the hypothesis of the possibility of optimal sleep-deprived forcing by finding out the right proportion of activity needed between the conscious and subconscious. I believe the right amount of wakefulness combined with the right amount of subconscious activity would create the perfect setting for vivid hallucinations and forcing with enough mental capacity to focus.

Why not dose yourself on melatonin then periodicity jolt yourself into a alertness (to the point where you cannot close your eyes), essentially wide awake, hyper and sleepy all in one.

I always get the most vivid visualizations this way.

Why not dose yourself on melatonin then periodicity jolt yourself into a alertness (to the point where you cannot close your eyes), essentially wide awake, hyper and sleepy all in one.

I always get the most vivid visualizations this way.

Must vary a lot by person. I can take all the melatonin I want, but unless I lay down and let myself drift, it has no apparent effect. If I let myself sleep, it helps put me to sleep. No visualization enhancement at all.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)