Tulpa systems VS. Median systems?

Hi guys, I'm back!

I came back with a kind of bad question, I have a friend who has a median system, and he says that Tulpa systems and Median systems are near identical, I was wondering if there were any differences? Thank you!

Just a kid with a dream! Nothing too exciting here.

Skimp likes to speak in teal lowercase with no punctuation and might lie

Median systems usually don't practice visualization or imposition. But then neither do all hosts. Tulpas can look similar to a median system, but they can also look very different.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

If I understand it right, a median system is considered to be a person with, one body, one brain, one mind in that brain, but with more than one aspect or expression of personality. In other words, not truly a plural system. A tulpa is usually considered a fully separate entity or independent personality of its own (more than one mind in the same brain).

From Tulpa.io: "A system with members who are not inherently independent from each other, and are often dependent on a single individual and unable to exist without that central person. Often consists of members who all identify as “aspects” or “facets” of one central identity: e.g. “We are all different, but we are all Mary in the end.” Some believe, mistakenly, that it is the only term that applies to systems where system members are co-conscious, to systems not originating from trauma, or to systems not diagnosed with DID. It is considered insulting to call a multiple system median, and should not be used without consent."

I consider me and my thoughtform, Melian, a median system because I am the primary or central identity and she is a fictive or imaginary fantasy identity or fantasy personality. That is a departure from most tulpamancer systems.

[Hail] Median is a description of topology, just as singlet, and one usage of multiple. Singlet is one body one person. Multiple is one body and one or more very separate people with different identities. Median is one body with one or more people that have a shared, common, or partially one of the previous identity among a few other options. Of course, some systems will have an overall multiple topology with some members having a median topology with each other.

Medians do tend to have more memory sharing and better co-consciousness on average, but that is only the average. Likewise, tulpamancy systems do as well, so that is one similarity that they have. In many ways, young tulpas have a more median like topology with their hosts than most older tulpas do. Of course, older tulpas can be in median or multiple topologies with each other or their host.

My own system has a few examples. There are three median subsystems, two composed of tulpas and shard-seeded tulpas (entities that ride the line between tulpas and splits), and one subsystem of splits. The topology between the different subsystems and the couple additional members is multiple.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

@Hail (FallFamily)

My gods. Thanks! I love this stuff. We really should have a Tulpacon and all meet face to face! LOL Someone once suggested badges so that we can know who is fronting at any particular moment. Then others wondered what people would do at a Tulpacon if we have no products to sell or games or anything. It would be a lot of people talking to each other I guess and shaking hands or having fist fights. I don't want to imagine Melian fronting and flirting with everyone with a 51 year old man's body.

Anyway...

I think in my case, the "median system" is simulated. Melian is not real. She is fictive and also imaginary. So you can also have apparent median systems! LOL I am glad for myself that it is just Melian and I. Uhh wait, except for Yoda. He is still pretty much a day dream persona and hasn't advanced much. I don't have the passion for Yoda I had for Melian. He's cool, but I don't obsess about him every moment of the day. Melian and I keep forgetting about him most of the time.

@Hail (FallFamily)

My gods. Thanks! I love this stuff. We really should have a Tulpacon and all meet face to face! LOL Someone once suggested badges so that we can know who is fronting at any particular moment. Then others wondered what people would do at a Tulpacon if we have no products to sell or games or anything. It would be a lot of people talking to each other I guess and shaking hands or having fist fights. I don't want to imagine Melian fronting and flirting with everyone with a 51 year old man's body.

[Hail] Would be hard to do on any scale. That said, meetups can happen, and have happened in fact. Can even do that at a con.

My system once did a meetup with three other plural systems, who we meet here in the tulpamancy community. That was a lot of fun.

Badges could get really difficult for those with large systems and those who change fronters often. If one knows what to look for, one can often notice that the fronter has changed and ask who is on. Most singlets don't notice these things unless they are familiar with it. Plurals often can notice it, sometimes in systems who haven't declared themselves (or even realize it themselves).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.