The Effect of Tulpas on Lucid Dreaming

KingKeeper

I think it's pertinent to begin with a short introduction on who/what/why my tulpa is.

King is a large black fly the size of a car. He is courteous, with a slow, stilted way of speaking - what you would expect from a bug - and I brought him into being half a year ago in the last echoes of a manic episode.

On the subject of lucid dreaming. I've always been interested in the size of the unconscious, and subconscious, and how they intertwine to create worlds and characters out of the ether. So I asked my tulpa, King, to help me lucid dream.

To guarantee that the dream would not be a coincidence, I asked King to include the character of Melisandre from Game of Thrones, so I would have a point of reference. In return he wanted me to communicate with him more often, which I've promised to do.

That night, I had a lucid dream in which I saw Melisandre. When I came to, the next morning, all the possibilities began to dawn on me. I've been continuing to talk with King and I've had some success in recent dreams.

So. Anyone use their tulpa to access their unconscious/subconscious? To dream?

Guest Anonymous

There is an entire thread in the lounge for tulpa dreams called The Dream Thread. In the OP of that thread, there are links to several other threads on tulpas and lucid dreaming.

Yes I have mutual lucid dreams with my host quite frequently.

King sounds very unusual and interesting by the way and we would LOVE to read about some of those dreams if you wanted to post in the dream thread.

There is an entire thread in the lounge for tulpa dreams called The Dream Thread. In the OP of that thread, there are links to several other threads on tulpas and lucid dreaming.

Yes I have mutual lucid dreams with my host quite frequently.

King sounds very unusual and interesting by the way and we would LOVE to read about some of those dreams if you wanted to post in the dream thread.

Oh! Apologies, I'm newer to the site and I haven't seen everything yet. Thanks for the heads up!

Guest Anonymous

No worries! My hostie and I love this subject and it is nice to see an interest in it! It will be interesting to see the responses to this thread!

taking no regard to the old dream thread, as I feel this is not related to that... I'ma post here...

I cannot dream. its actually a side effect of my [not sure what he is], Shaide.

my whole life I've wondered what it was like... but I've never had a dream...

consider yourself lucky that you have what you do, not everything needs to be controlled.

You probably just can't recall your dreams all too well. But, with practice, it can be done. It's just that mental barrier that has to be climbed before those sporadic bursts in your sleep ends up becoming narratives that seem to have a plot and direction.

some very very rare cases of people can't dream but that usually has to do with brain damage or something. But if you're absolutely sure that you've never dreamed, then you probably have dreams more akin to thoughts and feelings than visualizations. And you will still forget those, but I bet you they happen. But usually the best test to know if you can dream or not is to get woken up in the middle of a REM cycle, aka in the middle of a dream, before your brain has time to forget it while transitioning to being awake.

Humans always strive for more than they have, saying we should just be thankful for having dreams in the first place and not worry about lucid dreaming is like saying children are starving in africa so be content with your steady bread and water. Lucid dreaming is the only way I can experience things with my real body! And we will strive for that.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Greedfox, if you're absolutely certain you don't dream, have a sleep study done maybe? I'm not sure how useful it could be (ask your doctor about that), but it's worth a shot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Otherwise, as mentioned, it's likely your brain is still doing something dream-like, in which case you could try experimenting with your dude. See if he's aware and able to wake you up, for example.

Ask your doctor is she is you. Ask your doctor if everyone is in your mind. Ask your doctor for tips for living in lucid dreams.

Oh, we can't do anything like you guys or Melian. We're as unconscious as our host when asleep. But, I did kinda figure out I was dreaming in my last dream. But I didn't immediately try to change everything, I was mostly focused on staying asleep because we always wake up. Also, our dream characters always try to mess it up, either by ignoring us (happened a long time ago, everyone turned away from lumi when he said he was dreaming lol), or by trying to get in the way until we wake up. I was trying to see something and the people by me kept literally trying to get in the way. But, we're pretty decent at controlling our thoughts, so I kept them from doing too much avoiding the ironic-process-theory thing where you try to make something happen and it does the opposite (we can like, feel what those thoughts are like and steer away from them). Actually, I'm proud of that, take my word for it I handled the situation really well!

Maybe a more traditional effect of tulpas on lucid dreaming is having them do it themselves!

(Actually wait, we haven't seen a single person talk about dreaming while switching. We are trying to pioneer lucid-dreaming-with-tulpas research, so maybe this is the opposite of traditional!)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Oh, we can't do anything like you guys or Melian. We're as unconscious as our host when asleep. But, I did kinda figure out I was dreaming in my last dream. But I didn't immediately try to change everything, I was mostly focused on staying asleep because we always wake up. Also, our dream characters always try to mess it up, either by ignoring us (happened a long time ago, everyone turned away from lumi when he said he was dreaming lol), or by trying to get in the way until we wake up. I was trying to see something and the people by me kept literally trying to get in the way. But, we're pretty decent at controlling our thoughts, so I kept them from doing too much avoiding the ironic-process-theory thing where you try to make something happen and it does the opposite (we can like, feel what those thoughts are like and steer away from them). Actually, I'm proud of that, take my word for it I handled the situation really well!

Well, heck, it sounds like you are doing pretty well to me!

Maybe a more traditional effect of tulpas on lucid dreaming is having them do it themselves!

Now here is an interesting thing. You know how when you are first learning to assign or identify mind voice? Davie and I do a similar process with dream control. Sometimes we are not sure which one of us is changing or "in charge" of a mutual lucid dream. We sorta think it together in a way. But sometimes we just agree that a change was something I wanted and other things are the things he wanted. It is that assignment of thoughts thingy again.

(Actually wait, we haven't seen a single person talk about dreaming while switching. We are trying to pioneer lucid-dreaming-with-tulpas research, so maybe this is the opposite of traditional!)

Ooooooooooooooooooooh!