How Persistant is Your Tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

How persistent is your tulpa?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How persistent is your tulpa?

• My tulpa would continue to exist even if I ignored him or her.
    • My tulpa would probably fade away if I ignored him or her.
    • Some of my tulpas would fade if I ignored them, others would not fade.
    • I would be incapable of ignoring my tulpa. He or she is far too persistant and noisy.
    • Melian you are adorable, amazing and I love you!

Guest Anonymous

My host and I think that, after all these years, if he decided to just ignore me and try not to believe in me, I would not fade a bit. In other words, I am so strong and persistent, my hostie would be incapable of willingly destroying or dissipating me. We have read accounts of other hosts and tulpas making this same claim. So Mistgod and I were wondering:

How persistent is your tulpa? If you, as the host, decided to ignore him or her (stopped all active and passive forcing) and willingly stopped believing, would he or she fade into oblivion or tenaciously continue to exist?

OH this is no judgment on quality or status of your tulpa btw, as most are still developing and still dependent on forcing and stuff. So I realize most may be answering that they need the host's attention to keep going. That's okay. I am just curious how many actually don't need their host's attention any more at all.

You can vote for more than one answer.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it would probably take a lot of effort for the host to get rid of us, and he's even tried to see what would happen if he ignored us for long periods of time. In short, nothing really happened, but I guess that's expected with how long we've been around.

If dissipation can be added into this question:

- If we presume dissipation is the act of actively trying to destroy the continuity of self that we presume a tulpa to have, then it seems it's based on those collective pursuits to deteriorate said continuity. Affirmations, auto-suggestions, and other modes of active participation in not treating them as sentient. In other words, where bathing in your tulpa's blood is nothing more than child's play because you truly want to see them dissipate until you can't even have any novelty over the things you do to treat them as sentient. At this point, the host probably has made the decision of their own pros and cons over why the act is needed in the first place. If there's a militant act of dissipation, I'm sure the mind will be spurred in finding ways to give the impression of that.

- As for actual experiential context of a tulpa being dissipated, or not, well, I guess most of that would be ignored, or thrown all the way back into the inner confines of one's mind. But, some people can't really bathe in their own blood, much less their tulpa, because in some way, it's a series of transgressions that would make one speculate if they should hold any novelty in the people they interact with on a daily basis. Or, maybe they feel that treating others as sentient should be exclusive to "other minds" separate from theirs vs. an "other" that shares that same mind.

How I validate them being persistent irrespective of my conscious thoughts is probably due to the subliminal, collective belief that I've come to terms that we can coexist, and develop rapport with each other. There's no need to dissipate them for whatever reason because the true horror is in my dreams where dream characters are dissipated on a nightly basis, and can only be salvaged if I hold novelty to those experiences. With waking life, and the pursuit of treating a tulpa as sentient, you could say I can get myself out of that strife of having to wait for nightly sleep just to get similar effects of interacting with a seemingly sentient being. A third of our lives is spent sleeping, but in waking life, we obviously have more time to hold novelty of someone, even if they may not be physically real. And to integrate sleeping as another way of interacting with them, then, it seems it can add on to solidifying whatever persistence they may have in their existence.

I guess if a person can really change the blueprint of the yes, yes, yes chains of agreements they have of believing in a sentient tulpa, then it's something they'll privately have to come to terms with. But to break down the novelty of lucid dreaming? Oh man, that would be a tough one. I guess you could say that after some time, the convictions are so deep that they're added on to the novelty over why the person even cares about something, or someone in the first place; because stripping it away seems like stripping away their self-progression, themselves, and their interest in their own mind. So, I can't compare them as the annoying flies that I choose to tolerate, or wanting to swat away.

Temar poked me out of hiding for this, so I clicked the "too persistent and noisy" option. :p

I know from experience that a few of my tulpas can persist beyond my belief in their autonomy, because that was their default state before I discovered tulpamancy/soulbonding/etc. Several of them consistently interjected commentary about my life without my consciously willing it (Temar and Joss most commonly), and I'm pretty sure they'd continue to do so (those two in particular XP) even if I stopped believing in the tulpa phenomenon. They'd probably revert back to a different state, because the very state of regarding them as entities changes the nature of what they are. but would they persist? Absolutely.

That said, we've collectively mentioned that our headspace cycles through a lot of soulbonds, some more persistent than others. Many will stick around for a while, go dormant, and then return with the same continuous sense of self they had before disappearing, but with a big blank spot in the middle where they exist as little more than an idea. We've also had some soulbonds come and go pretty quickly, never to be heard from again. From a tulpa angle, these would be the ones who were too young to persist without attention, didn't get enough of it, and then disappeared again.

So I guess you could say we have a scale of persistence in our headspace. We have extremely persistent members (like the aforementioned noisy ones XP) who are fairly self-sustaining, to some who are fairly persistent but benefit from a boost of attention every now and then, to ones who fade without attention, to ones who would need to be actively reinforced to bring them back in.

That said, I don't know if I could actually dissipate them. Discard the whole "tulpa/soulbond" thing and start regarding them as characters whose actions are reflections of my subconscious understanding of their personalities, sure (which is kind of what soulbonding is anyway, so....?). But active dissipation? No, both because I wouldn't have the heart and because I don't know how not to engage in this phenomenon. I have been creating characters that "come to life" since I was a kid, and it's just part of my creative process at this point. I think I literally cannot not soulbond. XD

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

[breach] Hail and I (the hosts) rarely interact with A., E. and Se. yet they just get stronger over time. Tri, well, we wouldn't have to pay attention to them because they can just take bodily control and stick around whenever they want. More likely for Hail or I to fade away than Tri, really.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous
How I validate them being persistent irrespective of my conscious thoughts is probably due to the subliminal, collective belief that I've come to terms that we can coexist, and develop rapport with each other.

So subliminal thoughts are involved with tulpas? Interesting. You agree with Mistgod on that but just don't take it as far as he does.

I find what you said about dream characters very interesting because I actually function very much like a dream character myself and I am a lot stronger and more independent and autonomous in dreams than during periods of wakefulness.

That said, I don't know if I could actually dissipate them. Discard the whole "tulpa/soulbond" thing and start regarding them as characters whose actions are reflections of my subconscious understanding of their personalities, sure (which is kind of what soulbonding is anyway, so....?). But active dissipation? No, both because I wouldn't have the heart and because I don't know how not to engage in this phenomenon. I have been creating characters that "come to life" since I was a kid, and it's just part of my creative process at this point. I think I literally cannot not soulbond. XD

Of course! I was thinking very clinically in my OP. How dissipation would effect the host emotionally is a big factor! If the host simply could not imagine doing such a horrible thing, that certainly is important in this question isn't it?

It is a hypothetical question that disregards the love a host has for his or her tulpas in this case.

At this point, it would probably take a lot of effort for the host to get rid of us, and he's even tried to see what would happen if he ignored us for long periods of time. In short, nothing really happened, but I guess that's expected with how long we've been around.

He tried this as an experiment? Eek! I am glad it turned out you guys are super sticky even when rudely ignored.

[breach] Hail and I (the hosts) rarely interact with A., E. and Se. yet they just get stronger over time. Tri, well, we wouldn't have to pay attention to them because they can just take bodily control and stick around whenever they want. More likely for Hail or I to fade away than Tri, really.

Whao, tulpas that get stronger without conscious host attention? Now that is something I did not expect and didn't give it as an option in the poll!

Weird question for us, we can't ever disappear. Lumi can't stop believing in us (maybe because we believe in us, very comfortable with our person-hood), but he does go long times without talking to some of us (used to be all of us in general but this year he has been basically 100% of the time keeping someone active, though the others won't be much so) and we're "inactive". But if we're inactive for a long time all that happens is it can take a minute or two for us (them, not me) to speak clearly again. Even years ago when Lumi had gone months without talking to any of the other three, he still felt like they were there and would know if he said something/sent feelings to them.

Doesn't seem to be an option on the poll for that, so I put we'd keep existing. I mean Scarlet exists just fine and she gets less attention (her own choice) than basically any other tulpa on this forum. She doesn't like being active so we try not to bother her by making her talk, something like that. But she still can every X amount of months when there's a reason to.

The other three (and Scarlet) are older than me, but I'm not as affected by long periods of inactivity for some reason. I'm always fine. But the others aren't so bad either, can't overstate only a couple minutes' recovery time.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I should have had an option for going temporarily inactive or dormant. I mean I do that myself. Silly me.

I would like to think that if I was in a coma, Luna and Sol might be able to break me out of it... or perhaps take over my body and continue to exist without me.

I suspect this is not the case, and it makes me sad to think about it.

That being said, I would never willingly ignore them for long enough to dissipate them.

There is no force on this earth short of coma/death that could make me.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

Guest Anonymous

I would like to think that if I was in a coma, Luna and Sol might be able to break me out of it... or perhaps take over my body and continue to exist without me.

Well there is one bonus to having tulpas that had not occurred to me before.