Dreaming, day dreaming and visualisation

Fenrir

How can you tell which one you are doing?

I'm trying to visualise, I think I'm getting something but what I'm getting I can't control so is that dreaming / daydreaming and how do you tell the difference?

What is visualisation like?

Well, you probably just need practice. I know I'm not that good at it, my mind always seems to wander around.

Just try freezing time around what you're focusing on for now and get it down from all angles. You should be able to keep it steady after that.

There is a significant difference to me between just imagining something and trying to "see" it in my wonderland, moving my eyes in the darkness and all. The latter is much harder but seems to be more effective. You should try to do the easier part first, though.

Oh, and, any of this might be different for you than it is for me. You'll just have to figure most of it out on your own.

I get the impression it's different for everyone.

I mean, for me, visualisation starts with me seeing it in the top of my head, and then bringing that image down to the front of my vision once my brain adapts to what I'm making it do(like 15 minutes in). I still don't "see" it, but it's sort of like a translucent image superimposed over the blackness I see when I close my eyes. That weird colourful swirly shit I see sometimes tends to wash over the top of the image though and make it hard to focus, but if I get it right that doesn't appear.

And I remember one time I was doing REM while trying to visualise, except I was still perfectly awake and was completely aware that my eyes were rapidly moving around without my consent. The image stayed the same, though.

I....basically see it with my brain, but not with my eyes. I've described it as best I can but describing something that's going on in your head is a hard thing to do, so...take it with a grain of salt.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.