Not concentrating on your tulpa

JackPot

I got a question that really bothers me and my tulpa, let me get straitght to the point: for example if we watching a movie together and we concentrate on it and he(tulpa) doesnt think and doesnt talk and I dont talk as well, we both in to the movie, Im not even concentrating on him(tulpa). Will it make him dissapear?

We just worried that if we stop concentrating on each other then something bad might happen like he(tulpa) might die or something, please someone tell me about this as it adds a lot of worries and we cant function properly coz we always talking to each other coz scared of losing each other.

He is over a month old.

The ability to continue passive forcing while invested in something else will come easier to some and must be practiced more for others, but there's no need to stress yourself into doing it 24/7. You won't significantly hurt him unless you ignore him for weeks.

Ask your doctor is she is you. Ask your doctor if everyone is in your mind. Ask your doctor for tips for living in lucid dreams.

No, your tulpa doesn't die when you stop concentrating on them for the span of a movie. Heck, you tulpa doesn't die if you stop concentrating on them for days at a time. They don't make any progress when you're not thinking about them, but, no, it doesn't hurt them to stop thinking about them for a little while... just think of it as sleeping. Pick it back up again when you can, and it will be fine.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Try asking him what's been going on when you forgot to pay attention to him for a while and see if he can tell you. We usually do slight imposition whenever we're actively doing something IRL, but when watching stuff we'll kinda fade out as far as that goes but it's kinda unavoidable when you're focused on something. But we're definitely still there, and we know what's been going on, so it's fine.

But that type'a stuff really changes by person, some people can have active tulpas effortlessly 24/7. But anyone can get better with practice.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Lucy's told me time and again that "just because you're not paying attention to me doesn't mean that I'm not there." We love to watch movies and shows together, and I've often brought this same issue to her attention. Like Carpenter said, your ability to passively hold her in your attention while movie watching will come with time. These days when we watch movies, I concentrate on the weight of her head in the crook of my neck or something, or her arm draped across me as we're usually snuggling under a blanket. With this passive forcing technique I can catch her commenting on a scene or a character, or in the case of a scary movie, feel her bury herself in my shoulder if it's too much for her to bear. I also pause frequently and discuss events with her, so that might help too! Best of luck.