How'd you find Tulpa.info?

Pleeb

i saw a thread on dreamviews asking what a tulpa was. i initially skipped over it because i was kinda focused but ended up reading it which took me to the tulpa land section of dreamviews. afterwards i made the natural migration here.

start with a cup of free time, add one scoop of boredom, a gallon of internet and a pinch of madness, season to taste and mix until smooth.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, once I realized that Lee was a tulpa, I wanted to read more on the subject. My boyfriend talked to me about how his two best friends had tulpas and were very active in the community, and soon enough, I found myself stumbling upon their posts here. After a week or two of creeping threads to try and understand the basics, I decided to join.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine linked me to the 'What Is A Tulpa?' page of the wiki when he confided in me about his tulpas for the first time to give me some basic information. I floated around checking out a few starter guides and question threads while I decided whether or not to begin the process. I joined up a little while ago but never got round to posting anything, but now since I'm starting to wonder if simply following my friend's model is the best path for me I've decided to start sniffing around here for other ideas.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

I saw the NY Times article when doing some schoolwork and spent the rest of the day deciding whether I should make a tulpa or not.

Well I stumbled upon "tulpas" about a year ago and really did not understand what they were at that time... I was apart of another forums then and now the topic resurfaced to me and I researched this up and to my surprise for the past few days I have been on this site as a guest just reading through all of the guides and just am very interested in this forums too.

A Tale of Two Wolves

Sorry for the long read, but I figured that this was as appropriate a place as any for an introduction.

I was clicking around from one random Tumblr blog to another, following lines of comment icons when I came across a Tumblr that simultaneously intrigued me and creeped me out - the engagement and marriage of twilight sparkle (nothing personal to those that disagree with me, or that individual if they are on here, this is a statement of fact about how the content made me feel, not a judgement on you and your tulpa as people). In the blog the man had been posting about the daily life and goings on of his relationship and marriage to the MLP Character Twilight Sparkle. He did this in much the same way my real world wife and I did when we were engaged, though with much more intimate detail than we, so I assumed that it was a creative bit of fan fiction. As I read on he posted arguments and what not that he had had with others on the subject of Tulpae, and I came to realize that he was quite literally married to a sort of personality in his mind he had styled off of the pony. I am both a highly skeptical and inquisitive person by nature, so naturally I Googled it and read hundreds of pages of forums, guides, and discussion boards over the next week and finally settled on this forum as a place to make my introduction into this new (to me) aspect of the human psyche.

Now, it needs to be said that I am what Dawkins would consider a "Strong Atheist." That is to say that neither do I believe that there ever was or is or will be a deity of any kind, nor do I believe in any form of afterlife or supernatural intervention. I do, however, believe quite firmly in the amazing powers of the mind. I have personally experienced in my years with the army cases of mind over matter where men and women alike have overcome astounding scenarios with little more than the power of their will bolstered by a little adrenaline. I also experience lucid dreaming regularly, so the thought of directly interacting with my subconscious is not alien to me.

I know (from experience elsewhere on the cloud) that many of you might be rolling your eyes that another has stumbled into your sphere from the infamous land of pony. For that I'm not sorry. Pony forums have lead me to a great many places of the mind that I had not before considered or known about. I have an open mind and I love to learn and experience new things and new ideas. And I must admit, half way through my research I discovered that I had been discussing my findings and what I was seeing with a targeted nonentity within my own mind. Rather than thinking to myself, I seemed to be thinking to someone else in what I have come to learn in recent days is called passive forcing. I hope I am using that correctly. In any case, it would seem that my whole consciousness and subconsciousness alike are both wholly behind this idea. Nevertheless, for the time being I am making a concentrated effort to not begin the process of tulpamancy until I have had a chance to speak with you and have hung out here on the forum for a little bit.

I look forwarding to learning more and growing myself as a being, weather or not I go through with this seemingly wonderful new aspect of the mind or not.

Lots of love,

Mocha~

Howdy everyone, I am Pentium. Many of you have not met me, but heard of me, and many of you have met me, but never heard much about me. Anyhow, I am Pentium, and I can be nice, and not-so-nice (if I have to I will). That is all for now. Yoroshkone onegaishimasu.

"Wow you dont know shit about anything, do you?" -intelhunter