Method for imposing and open eye visuals.

InuYamsXSesshopmart

Question

The method I'm about describe only requires some piece and quiet, a bed, and darkness. Okay if you have those "items" then you should start by waiting for nightfall. After it is night time and everything is calm and quiet I want you to get under you blanket and put it over your head so you can not see, yes all the way under the blanket. Now it should be pitch black...if you did as I told you and tried this during the night. Now I want you to sit there patiently with your eyes OPEN simply waiting . You can listen to music if it helps you focus, but make sure that there is no perceivable light present. After a couple of seconds or minutes you should start to see blobs of color floating in your vision.

Calm down it's natural. These blobs of color are known as hypnagogic hallucinations. If you ever have focused while falling asleep you should see them floating on the backs of your eyelids or if you simply close your eyes and LIGHTY pressure your eyelids you should start to see them. After awhile you should be able to control and change the form of these colored blobs. With that ability you can start to impose your tulpa by changing The shape and color of the blobs and practice open eye visuals all in one. I want you to practice this every night until you can control the blobs effortlessly and change the color.

Edit: you can also use an eye mask for this, good luck :)

Well, you're not wrong.

Anyway, this starts out strong: I don't think anyone has written anything about using the darkness to your advantage while imposing, which is a pretty helpful and neat trick in my eyes. However, I haven't ever done this in complete darkness, so I'm not sure if you actually start to see any lights - I know that happens when you rub your eyes and all, but we're doing this with our eyes open. It's imposition, after all. So I'll give it a try myself later and see.

I would suggest the addition of starting to introduce more light as you get better and make it more difficult for yourself, while training yourself to be able to see things in full light as well.

ps. it's peace of quiet, not piece.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest Anonymous

:( I guess you guys don't give af about me :((((((((((

Slow responses don't mean we don't give a fuck.  Be patient and we will find your posts, troll them, tear them apart and fill them with potty humor.  First we will tell you that this idea of using total darkness sounds pretty cool!  For some this might be a great tip and interesting technique.  I am very happy you mentioned it.  I haven't seen a thread like this one before about using darkness as a methodology.  It reminds me a bit of hallucinations spawned by sensory deprivation.

I think your invoking of hypnagogic colours and shapes is fascinating, as I've tried to evoke such reception in the past (albeit aurally). Uncannily enough, I'd come to a similar conclusion when describing a lack of visualisation and imaginative clarity in some to that of a closed eye: in that such a condition is not totally defeated nor useless, as the darkness of lidded eyeballs may lend a use still, despite results that may appear distorted and vague, or in this case, borderline surreal.

My only reservation with hypnagogic states in regards to tulpas is how one ought to pursue and process what stimuli is being observed - as one is nearing the precipice of sleep, where does one make demarcation between the loosening of earthly foundations that precedes dreams, and that which is your tulpa being seen and heard? I'm compelled to ask, as my only successful endeavour in half-sleep imposition resulted in having some kind of jarring voice say a word or line of gibberish to me. In retrospect, my tulpa denies saying anything like that, so I also wonder if communication would be an obstacle if it isn't already established between tulpa and host. Moreover, if one is able to intuitively differentiate between what is purely dream-like and the tulpa being sensed, how long and severe would the interference I experienced persist, if at all?

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Alright, so I gave it a go. It didn't really get dark enough here for a blanket to be enough for complete darkness, so I cupped my hands over my eyes which was a bit distracting I guess and it might have been the reason why I didn't get your kind of results. It took me a very long time to be able to get any kind of colorful splotches, and they never seemed to get to the level of what I might get with my eyes closed/with pressure over my eyes. I did seem to get deeper darkness that was blacker than black though, and it started to feel like I was looking way past my hands even though I knew they were there, so it was a pretty interesting experience. Being under a blanket was extremely stuffy, though: how do you keep breathing for a long time?

So I can question if everyone really will be getting the colorful splotches? Assumptions that everyone will won't help your guide, what do we do if we don't? Are they supposed to be so weak that they're barely noticeable? I don't think we should be calling them hypnagogic hallucinations if they have nothing to do with the state of hypnagogia, as you never told us we need to be tired and about to sleep? And that's not really required to use darkness to your advantage anyway so...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Alright, so I gave it a go. It didn't really get dark enough here for a blanket to be enough for complete darkness, so I cupped my hands over my eyes which was a bit distracting I guess

It was really funny to imagine you sitting under a blanket with your hands over your eyes.

Anyways, idk about all the complete darkness or anything (I'm sure you could do it in dim darkness with your eyes closed), but I think I could see hypnagogia just fine with some time. That's the sort of stuff that turns into dreams eventually. It melds with your visualization too, and it's way better in the morning (hypnopompia) between dreaming and waking up. You can totally visualize stuff at that point even if your visualization sucks, I've done it and it's kinda cool. 'Course, remembering (and having the will) to do anything in the morning can be hard. But I would still recommend it if you wanna practice visualization, I think it can help.

Oh, hypnagogia. Uh, idk, could work for some people. But all of that "wait 'til night close your eyes in the dark and be really still and don't think" stuff basically just puts me to sleep, as it should any normal person. Except you can still get the darkness hallucinations even if you're not tired (don't know if that's considered hypnagogia if it's not a sleep thing). Who knows if you can shape it? If you look around in the darkness at night you can focus on some fuzzy-blurriness all over the place and that's kinda cool, but I think trying to practice imposition and stuff might be too spooky. Darkness illusions always look all wispy-corner-of-your-eye-shadow-figures and I think a lot of people might scare themselves doing that. But if you're too big and strong for that, go ahead and try it!

or don't I have no investment in this method

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I remember in college when I was working on them, I would look forward to the night just to open my eyes in the dark, and let it engulf my vision. I thought I was crazy in using that as a method for visualization, but I guess me being crazy is an overstatement? Not like my opinion matters, though, but yeah.

Anyway, I remember doing this when I was image streaming with my eyes opened up. I had to shut down the laptop monitor, and continue typing without looking, but when I looked at the darkness, it was a nice overlay for me to see the mental visualization being imposed to some extent. I managed to do it for like 2 hours before I started feeling funny, and spent the rest of the 6-8 hours of forcing, I think, with my eyes closed; I think I felt funny because I was typing information faster with my eyes opened vs. closed..weird. There is potential in this, but, I imagine that just sitting there waiting for something to happen without doing a method to just have the experience overlaid in the darkness will kind of feel silly.

If anyone wants my opinion on this that could make it easier for them to transition to the darkness...try doing it closed eye for a certain time to get yourself warmed up, and start opening them, and see if you can retain the mode of thought, and still go through the experiences. I even see it as a nice supplement for switching, IMO, but I need to work even harder at it (the opened eye visualization, that is). Still trying to go for 12 hours of forcing for some luck, but yeah, cool post on the concept.

Edit:

Yeah, I naturally do it with an eye mask, and open my eyes up every now and then so I won't accidentally doze off because I got too fixated on the experiences.

It was really funny to imagine you sitting under a blanket with your hands over your eyes.

Why would I cover my eyes under my blanket? Just covering them is more than enough with the added perk of being able to breathe when you're not under a blanket.

Anyway, we are here to look and rate this method in this guide. I am not asking for advice on how to visualize/impose using the darkness, it is a technique I have done in the past. This here is different, and I don't think I have gotten it to work, or it wasn't clear what I should have expected.

One big issue about the way this guide is written is this: hypnagogia. Many posters in this thread mention it, some wonder if it's a good way because such a state can be confusing and difficult to use. But the original poster never mentioned we should be in a state of hypnagogia. All they mention are hypnagogic hallucinations, as in, what they believe the colorful splotches you see to be called. I don't think this is the correct term, and at its worst it has confused the readers. Ditch the term. I searched around a bit for if it has a name, but couldn't really find anything special: people usually talk about seeing them with their eyes closed, rather than open.

And the ones that did see them with their eyes open had people question it, looking like it might not be as common as the original poster thought. If that is the case, their original method as written is not as useful. Could someone else test this too, looking at complete darkness with their eyes open and fully awake to see if they can start seeing colorful splotches? Warning, it took me a rather long time to get anything, so you should be prepared to spend some time on this.

Darkness imposition is not a bad idea and it's the kind of stuff that would be good to have here as a suggestion. But this guide requires a rewrite due to some confusing aspects and potentially a rethink on the colorful splotches part if it turns to be way less common. This kind of assumptions hinder a guide.

Complete darkness is also not needed, so the original poster might want to think of where to take this idea for a better, more helpful guide.

Alright, so I gave it a go. It didn't really get dark enough here for a blanket to be enough for complete darkness, so I cupped my hands over my eyes which was a bit distracting I guess and it might have been the reason why I didn't get your kind of results. It took me a very long time to be able to get any kind of colorful splotches, and they never seemed to get to the level of what I might get with my eyes closed/with pressure over my eyes. I did seem to get deeper darkness that was blacker than black though, and it started to feel like I was looking way past my hands even though I knew they were there, so it was a pretty interesting experience. Being under a blanket was extremely stuffy, though: how do you keep breathing for a long time?

So I can question if everyone really will be getting the colorful splotches? Assumptions that everyone will won't help your guide, what do we do if we don't? Are they supposed to be so weak that they're barely noticeable? I don't think we should be calling them hypnagogic hallucinations if they have nothing to do with the state of hypnagogia, as you never told us we need to be tired and about to sleep? And that's not really required to use darkness to your advantage anyway so...

I have a very thin blanket :P and yes my blotches of color get really colorful. Keep trying :) they get stronger the longer you do them. At least that's what happened to me.

I remember in college when I was working on them, I would look forward to the night just to open my eyes in the dark, and let it engulf my vision. I thought I was crazy in using that as a method for visualization, but I guess me being crazy is an overstatement? Not like my opinion matters, though, but yeah.

Anyway, I remember doing this when I was image streaming with my eyes opened up. I had to shut down the laptop monitor, and continue typing without looking, but when I looked at the darkness, it was a nice overlay for me to see the mental visualization being imposed to some extent. I managed to do it for like 2 hours before I started feeling funny, and spent the rest of the 6-8 hours of forcing, I think, with my eyes closed; I think I felt funny because I was typing information faster with my eyes opened vs. closed..weird. There is potential in this, but, I imagine that just sitting there waiting for something to happen without doing a method to just have the experience overlaid in the darkness will kind of feel silly.

If anyone wants my opinion on this that could make it easier for them to transition to the darkness...try doing it closed eye for a certain time to get yourself warmed up, and start opening them, and see if you can retain the mode of thought, and still go through the experiences. I even see it as a nice supplement for switching, IMO, but I need to work even harder at it (the opened eye visualization, that is). Still trying to go for 12 hours of forcing for some luck, but yeah, cool post on the concept.

Edit:

Yeah, I naturally do it with an eye mask, and open my eyes up every now and then so I won't accidentally doze off because I got too fixated on the experiences.

Thanks for the input :)

[quote='Mistgod' pid='169988' dateline='1470236436

It reminds me a bit of hallucinations spawned by sensory deprivation.

Just as I wanted >:)

Anyways, idk about all the complete darkness or anything (I'm sure you could do it in dim darkness with your eyes closed), but I think I could see hypnagogia just fine with some time. That's the sort of stuff that turns into dreams eventually. It melds with your visualization too, and it's way better in the morning (hypnopompia) between dreaming and waking up. You can totally visualize stuff at that point even if your visualization sucks, I've done it and it's kinda cool. 'Course, remembering (and having the will) to do anything in the morning can be hard. But I would still recommend it if you wanna practice visualization, I think it can help.

Oh, hypnagogia. Uh, idk, could work for some people. But all of that "wait 'til night close your eyes in the dark and be really still and don't think" stuff basically just puts me to sleep, as it should any normal person. Except you can still get the darkness hallucinations even if you're not tired (don't know if that's considered hypnagogia if it's not a sleep thing). Who knows if you can shape it? If you look around in the darkness at night you can focus on some fuzzy-blurriness all over the place and that's kinda cool, but I think trying to practice imposition and stuff might be too spooky. Darkness illusions always look all wispy-corner-of-your-eye-shadow-figures and I think a lot of people might scare themselves doing that. But if you're too big and strong for that, go ahead and try it!

or don't I have no investment in this method

You can think if you want lol, did I say not to? Sorry if I did. You can also listen to some music if that helps.

Why would I cover my eyes under my blanket? Just covering them is more than enough with the added perk of being able to breathe when you're not under a blanket.

Anyway, we are here to look and rate this method in this guide. I am not asking for advice on how to visualize/impose using the darkness, it is a technique I have done in the past. This here is different, and I don't think I have gotten it to work, or it wasn't clear what I should have expected.

One big issue about the way this guide is written is this: hypnagogia. Many posters in this thread mention it, some wonder if it's a good way because such a state can be confusing and difficult to use. But the original poster never mentioned we should be in a state of hypnagogia. All they mention are hypnagogic hallucinations, as in, what they believe the colorful splotches you see to be called. I don't think this is the correct term, and at its worst it has confused the readers. Ditch the term. I searched around a bit for if it has a name, but couldn't really find anything special: people usually talk about seeing them with their eyes closed, rather than open.

And the ones that did see them with their eyes open had people question it, looking like it might not be as common as the original poster thought. If that is the case, their original method as written is not as useful. Could someone else test this too, looking at complete darkness with their eyes open and fully awake to see if they can start seeing colorful splotches? Warning, it took me a rather long time to get anything, so you should be prepared to spend some time on this.

Darkness imposition is not a bad idea and it's the kind of stuff that would be good to have here as a suggestion. But this guide requires a rewrite due to some confusing aspects and potentially a rethink on the colorful splotches part if it turns to be way less common. This kind of assumptions hinder a guide.

Complete darkness is also not needed, so the original poster might want to think of where to take this idea for a better, more helpful guide.

That's odd, I usually get those splotches of color within the first minute. Guess it does vary for each person :P

You can think if you want lol, did I say not to?

She was referring to guides on lucid dreaming we've read actually, they tend to suggest similar techniques for inducing lucid dreams. Of course, thinking is kind of required when forcing.

Darkness imposition is not a bad idea and it's the kind of stuff that would be good to have here as a suggestion.

Oh, that reminds me, we practiced a lot of imposition in the dark. But it wasn't necessarily focused on the visual aspect - of course, anyone being visualized would be totally in the dark anyways. We used it for the "sense of presence" aspect, along with the shape/form of a body without worrying too much about clear visuals. Touch too I guess. Imposition in the dark is interesting. The lack of vision (while retaining some) helps you focus on visualizing what "could be" there.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas