tulpa theory

evilwu

Before reading the theory, watching the video would help understand it better (link here;

)

The other day I was watching this video on YouTube. It explains how your brain would work if the nerve wire is cut, and the two hemispheres were no longer connected. The left brain controls the right side of the body, and the right brain controls the left side of the body. However only the left brain can speak as it controls the speaking stuff. But right brain controls memory.

So in normal brains, the two halves of the brain communicate through the nerve wire. But they communicate subconsciously. I started thinking about this and tulpas. What if by making a tulpa we are now making the right brain able to communicate consciously with us.

So if this is correct, then in theory someone with their nerve wire cut wouldn't be able to create a tulpa. Because you wouldn't be able to force on the right brain.

However the right brain also helps you force. By remembering how to force, and also the traits and form you are forcing your tulpa to be. I think that maybe when people force, they are drilling the form, and/or personality into their tulpa, but it's really the right brain. And the right brain becomes the tulpa.

In the video it shows that the right brain is a separate intelligence, by disagreeing with the left brain. So maybe making a tulpa is just making the right brain able to communicate with you on a conscious level instead of a subconscious level.

My apologies if this is worded poorly, but I couldn't think of a better way to word this. I'd like to hear what you guys think of this, since I think is quite interesting :P

I like your theory, and that was a really cool video! But, I have to ask...

Some people have more than 1 tulpa. So, how would that work, according to your theory? Would all the tulpas just be grouped together in the right brain?

But either way, this is pretty interesting to think about.

Host: Cat

Tulpa: Asriel

I could've sworn there was a thread in the Lounge that talked about this.

Long story short, if this is true, then we can be replaced down to the T; atom for atom. But this is just a way to look at us, but what makes us more than that is the human experience. Add tulpas into this presumption, and they can't really be reducible to certain regions in the brain. You'd have to question about dream characters, and which location in the brain where they're suddenly emulating behaviors of sentient beings...it's not really a theory that can reconcile with itself because of the whole "we're greater than the sum of our parts" that goes around in discussions in any forum that talks about theories of mind.

I could've sworn there was a thread in the Lounge that talked about this.

For anyone that's interested - there was a thread about it, yes, but it was in General Discussion. Like others have said, the video is neat on its own, but it really doesn't seem to have much of a connection with tulpas at all.

For anyone that's interested - there was a thread about it, yes, but it was in General Discussion. Like others have said, the video is neat on its own, but it really doesn't seem to have much of a connection with tulpas at all.

Yes, but part of what went through my mind is; if people had the nerves cut between the two hemispheres of the brain they wouldn't be able to create a tulpa. Which then lead me to think that maybe the right brain is where all tulpa related stuff happens.

(Edit) I just thought it was a interesting idea/theory :)

I like your theory, and that was a really cool video! But, I have to ask...

Some people have more than 1 tulpa. So, how would that work, according to your theory? Would all the tulpas just be grouped together in the right brain?

But either way, this is pretty interesting to think about.

I've thought about this, and I'm not sure. I guess there's the first hole in the theory