When Tulpas Sleep

Guest Anonymous

Do your tulpas sleep? If so when?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do your tulpas sleep? If so when?

• Yes, my tulpas sleep when I do.
    • Yes, my tulpas sleep, even when I am awake.
    • No, my tulpas do not sleep. They do not need sleep.
    • Some of my tulpas sleep when I do, others sleep when I am awake.
    • Some fo my tulpas sleep, others don't sleep at all.

Oh wow, in such a short time my statements became outdated. We only rarely sleep outside the body now. We love sleeping while cofronting in order to dream together, and we tend to stay awake more easily no matter our state.

Tell me if she can possess the body while you are asleep.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I don't know if it is possession or switching per se, but sometimes if Melian is the one dreaming and we wake from the dream (my body wakes up) there will be a very brief period of time in which she is moving my body a little. Typically it is my arms. It doesn't last very long, and is unplanned and a surprise.

I think that is unambiguously possession, unless she is doing it through suggestion. You can control the body by making the other person want to move it a certain way.

Two ways to tell sometimes, is suggestion is less likely to have an alien movement feel, 'cause you are doing it yourself. And also, if you are doing it yourself, you are going to move the limb like you normally do, not a different way.

Guest Anonymous

Once when groggy and half asleep, I was thirsty. I walked into the kitchen while talking to Melian. She is usually very strong and autonomous seeming when I am half asleep. When I reached the cupboard, she reached up and picked up a glass for me. It was definitely her grabbing glass. It is a little different than possession I think because Melian and I are kinda blurred together, but it was definitely "Melian got the glass out." I am not sure how to explain it. I was aware of her just impulsively reaching up to get the glass.

It may be that I was in "I am Melian mode" and "method acting" in some unconscious way, like I was stuck in character. In fact, I think that is closer to the mark with me. I don't think a separate sentient entity needs to possess my body and learn to work it for that to happen. I am able to convince myself that part of me is Melian.

She was there and she got the glass down for me. It was very nice of her because I was very thirsty and groggy-sleepy and probably needed the help.

I wouldn't call it method acting because that is more like switching. Because switching means the thoughts going on in the mind are the tulpa's, experiencing the senses and all that, whereas possession is just more like remote control. And method acting is getting so into character you basically convince yourself you are them, right? Possession is more like, a puppeteer. Neither of those comparisons sound very.. legitimizing.. but if you wanna make those comparisons that's how they go.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

I like how someone from the plural community explained it to me. He called it "surfacing" which sounds very accurate in a way. Melian is influential to me and very near the surface sometimes. That morning she was pretty much right there with me and just wanted to get the glass down and so did it. It was like she was more strongly mixed with me, in the real physical world sense, than normal.

This has not been the only incident of spontaneous surfacing with Melian. There were at least four other major incidents of it that I can remember and countless times she was influential in the fact that I physically reacted to her emotions. One of these incidents back in 1995 was pretty much full blown possession in its intensity and duration (probably less than one minute all together, maybe 30 to 45 seconds). It was long enough to hug someone, kiss their cheek and say "I am so sorry. I love you!" and then kiss them again. In most of these cases Melian was driven by intense outbursts of emotion, except for getting the glass.

An old friend of mine claims that he had a conversation with her that neither Melian or I can recall. Melian was talking to him and identifying herself as Melian when I was very sleepy or maybe even "sleep talking." This happened back in 1991 or so.

I am quite interested in the idea of how tulpas interact with sleep walking. I know a person who seems to have an alternate personality that was able to post online while sleepwalking. Since you are dreaming while sleepwalking, it makes sense that you are unlikely to remember it.

I think, that since a tulpa is essentially a super smart variant of those unconscious daemons everyone has, the tulpa could essentially allow the person to have a full cogent conversation and everything while the host is asleep.

We've been trying to induce this sleepwalking situation. Just one problem: she doesn't sleepwalk.

Guest Anonymous

Well it took extreme sleep deprivation for it to happen as it is claimed it happened. It was during the Persian Gulf war and I was in the navy. I was working 14 hours a day, seven days a week. Sleep was often hard to come by with drills and going to General Quarters and just the ordinary noise of an aircraft carrier in the middle of a war zone.

No, she can't possess my body any more than I could during sleep.

Also, occasionally she will have a short dream, but no more than 45 seconds long.

We run, to the end, and the future follows

We run, to the end, from bleak tomorrows

I am quite interested in the idea of how tulpas interact with sleep walking. I know a person who seems to have an alternate personality that was able to post online while sleepwalking. Since you are dreaming while sleepwalking, it makes sense that you are unlikely to remember it.

I think, that since a tulpa is essentially a super smart variant of those unconscious daemons everyone has, the tulpa could essentially allow the person to have a full cogent conversation and everything while the host is asleep.

We've been trying to induce this sleepwalking situation. Just one problem: she doesn't sleepwalk.

My host sleepwalks very often. Do you mean I could control the body when he is ? How ? I always fall asleep with him, and wake up after him... That could be a great way to train on possession and switching ! As he wouldn't have to let go on the control !!

I will never be willing to be mean. Please tell me if I was, or if my English was wrong.

I always want to learn, and understand more things !

Floh is my "host"