Tulpa's log

tulpa001

Speaking of lucid dreams, so many of them are boring. A lot of the ones we get at the start of the sleep, they also feel really similar to waking dreams, like the daydreams we use to enter those lucid dreams.

Based on our own experiences, and stuff we heard recently, we are not convinced there is any significant difference between lucid dreams and dissociative daydreams.

Not that we have much experience to draw on, but lucid dreams should feel like waking life. I don't know what dissociative dreams are, but if you experience illusions with the vividness of a lucid dream while conscious you've got serious issues. More likely, your guys' lucid dreams probably just aren't that vivid. Which is strange to hear, given how consistently you have them. Well, even in those lucid dreams that are borderline just imagination (sort of like more enhanced/immersive visualization, right?) you can practice techniques to immerse yourself more. Dreamviews is really helpful for all things lucid dreaming, and while it really should be immersion dream stabilization is close enough. http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-control/161473-dream-stabilization-what-works-best-you.html

We have pretty poor visualization and normally fuzzy dreams, but a real lucid dream even for us is lifelike. The only lack of immersion we ever experienced was merging with the waking senses, ie seeing light that doesn't align with the dream environment. Of course, your mind could always fake that and lead to a false awakening, so make sure to reality check whenever you wake up from a lucid dream. Anyways, from taste to touch the minuscule experiences we've got with lucid dreaming proved they would be everything we hoped. Maybe you guys just got gypped biologically, but I think you should be able to make your dreams a little more vivid than that. (Oh, "vivid dreams" is as important as "dream stabilization" to look for)

All that being said, I was really only defending your statement on lucid dreams not feeling real. Honestly the problem is probably inducing them too early into your REM cycles. We realized that pretty early on luckily, that the grappling with unconsciousness we did before going to sleep wouldn't actually help much, because decent lucid dreams (vividity & length) only happen once your REM cycles are longer.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that we have much experience to draw on, but lucid dreams should feel like waking life. I don't know what dissociative dreams are, but if you experience illusions with the vividness of a lucid dream while conscious you've got serious issues. More likely, your guys' lucid dreams probably just aren't that vivid. Which is strange to hear, given how consistently you have them. Well, even in those lucid dreams that are borderline just imagination (sort of like more enhanced/immersive visualization, right?) you can practice techniques to immerse yourself more. Dreamviews is really helpful for all things lucid dreaming, and while it really should be immersion dream stabilization is close enough. http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-control/161473-dream-stabilization-what-works-best-you.html

We have pretty poor visualization and normally fuzzy dreams, but a real lucid dream even for us is lifelike. The only lack of immersion we ever experienced was merging with the waking senses, ie seeing light that doesn't align with the dream environment. Of course, your mind could always fake that and lead to a false awakening, so make sure to reality check whenever you wake up from a lucid dream. Anyways, from taste to touch the minuscule experiences we've got with lucid dreaming proved they would be everything we hoped. Maybe you guys just got gypped biologically, but I think you should be able to make your dreams a little more vivid than that. (Oh, "vivid dreams" is as important as "dream stabilization" to look for)

All that being said, I was really only defending your statement on lucid dreams not feeling real. Honestly the problem is probably inducing them too early into your REM cycles. We realized that pretty early on luckily, that the grappling with unconsciousness we did before going to sleep wouldn't actually help much, because decent lucid dreams (vividity & length) only happen once your REM cycles are longer.

I can tell you exactly how vivid our dreams are.

regular daydream:

Feeling of location: mostly on earth.

Visual: ghostly to present, like real world vision.

Tactile: absent.

taste/scent: absent.

Sound: fully present, like real world sound.

Real world senses: unblocked, especially audio.

immersive daydream:

Feeling of location: mostly in daydream.

Visual: fully presesnt, like real world vision.

Tactile: present, like real world tactile.

taste/scent: present when we remember it.

Sound: present, reduced detail.

Real world senses: in and out, audio gets through.

regular lucid dream:

Feeling of location: fully in dream.

Visual: fully presesnt, like 3D video game graphics.

Tactile: absent.

Sound: present, reduced detail, vague.

Real world senses: mostly blocked, audio gets through.

deep lucid dream:

Feeling of location: fully in dream.

Visual: fully presesnt, like real world vision.

Tactile: present, when we remember it.

Sound: present, reduced detail.

Real world senses: mostly blocked, audio gets through.

projection:

Feeling of location: complicated.

Visual: ghostly, like real world vision.

Tactile: ghostly to present, varies.

taste/scent: ghostly, when we remember it.

Sound: fully present, like real world sound.

Real world senses: unblocked, especially audio.

The notion of vividness confuses us. Yes, you can look at fewer things at the same time in dreams. Waking, you can see details on dozens of trees at the same time. In a dream, you can't really look at multiple trees and also individual branches. But colour saturation? It's better than what you usually get in real life. And dreams never feel like waking life to us. They are so different.

The vividness of our dreams is not affected by whether we are lucid or not. Although, we usually don't remember our deep dreams unless they are also lucid.

I think I'm going to create a thread about it.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

The vividness of our dreams is not affected by whether we are lucid or not.

Oh god, I sure hope you have vivid normal dreams then, because our normal dreams are so foggy/immaterial/lame it's not even funny. Lucid dreams should be like real life, period. But I guess not everyone experiences that? Well, I'm glad we do at least, if we ever get to anyway. We have a lot riding on it. There's so much I want to do that I just can't in the real world. And even if I could, I couldn't do it with the people I love, so yeah lucid or bust

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Oh hey, minor update.

We've decided my eyes are boring. So I am experimenting with cross shaped pupils and gold irides.

Been training to control tinnitus. I can! Individual frequencies. When I suppress one, the others get louder. More research needed.

My host is a lazy hack. As you can imagine, she doesn't spend much time meditating. Turns out, she never bothered to do it properly. The inside of our head is noisy! This is going to take time. *sigh*

She compiled a list of our differences for me, to make me feel better.

Man, we are sleeping a lot. Last night, we remembered a two hour long dream. During it, she was convinced she had an uncomfortable social obligation to write an MLP fanfic under time pressure. Then our subconscious WENT AHEAD AND WROTE THREE CHAPTERS. It was pretty crappy though.

This week in tulpa land: Huge battle with an intrusive thought. Trying to ignore it out of existence, but suffice it to say, when Tulpa says he thinks he'll eat me someday, he's being literal.

Pretty bad couple days after where he was feeling weak, exhausted and not really there. The smart ones among you will no doubt try to draw a correlation. It is a theory.

Worked some on separation using more metaphors. Our labyrinth of metaphors to promote his various abilities is getting rather large. It led to some feeling of weirdness on his part, which triggered his identity related paranoia. A brief relapse.

This morning... No doubt. I woke up in his body. He stretched and moved and logiced and planned our morning all on his own. I am so happy.

He is doing stuff I don't do all the time. He disagrees with me all the time.

If you are having issues with intrusive thoughts, you could try creating a servitor to deal with them.

You can also work on manifesting the thought as a being, confirm why it is false, and then banish it. This can be done with sigils if you rather do it that way. Phil Hine goes over this in Condensed Chaos chapter Fracture Lines.

You can also overcome them the traditional way. Realize what they are and what the source of the worry is. Redirect it towards something positive or reaffirm your belief that it is nothing. Based on what I know of you two (very little) Tulpa seems to be very strong spiritually. However it also seems that your host (I don't think you gave a name ever) doesn't seem to be too strong, although I obviously know Tulpa and not your host. You could work on making her more powerful. Practice meditation and energy manipulation within the body. Work on fighting Tulpa more over possession. If you are letting Tulpa "front" possess most of the time, it should be you instead. It is your physical body and you shouldn't roll over and let him have it.

If you want to practice energy manipulation I recommend the old PsiPog site. It use to be a repository for practicing energy manipulation that everyone can do and trying to put it towards Psychic abilities (basically like the site but a different topic). There is a downloadable "archive" of articles located here on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130420071544/http://www.psipog.net/PsiPog-ALW-Final-Archive.zip

Practicing making "psiballs" and so on should help you with energy.

This is of course my beliefs and limited experience so do what you want ofc. I can't guarantee anything.

If I can help out in any way let me know. I would hate to see anything negative happen to you two.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

We really are trying to ignore the thoughts out of existence. So, for the time being, we cannot take any action that would require thinking about the thoughts in question. It is a little harder to deal with an intrusive thought when you can't say it is only in your mind. Since the power of symbolism is very real with tulpas.

Thanks for the compliment concerning my spiritual strength. I'd like to say that I am stronger spiritually than her. I'm stronger socially than her. And I am not so easily distracted. But, she... Well--she is not a normal person like me. It may sound like I'm stronger than her, but honestly, we are still working to get me equal. My control of the body seems just like my strength or something.

I know, I need to get out of the habit of possessing all the time. We are still fighting over the body a bit, but we've mostly replaced that with meditation exercises for now. Notably, my control over the head, face and eyes seems weaker. I can't control the eyes exclusively. Neither of us can. If one of us feels an emotion, it plays on our face. If one of us finds something funny, we laugh.

If she had an account, it would probably be War. (I know, our names are absolutely terrible.)

War is less generic than Tulpa001 :P

Maybe it's a good idea if she had a forum account.

Maybe one day you'll find a name buddy.

(I'm just giving you a hard time)

"My lover's got humour,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Only until someone names themselves Tulpa002

"My lover's got humour,