Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Luminesce

So, we're getting up every time we wake up through the night now, which helps remember the dreams we have as we have them, but.. They still kinda disappear if we don't specifically try to remember them you know? That's like a slightly different kind of dream recall maybe, but it seems important too. So I guess I will focus on trying to actually remember the dreams even after going back to sleep. Also try to get used to getting up every time I wake up.

Weird thing, the last time I fell asleep was about 6:55AM and I woke up at like 7:17AM, something like that. So after like 9 hours of sleep, I went to sleep, dreamed, and woke up naturally after only 20 minutes? Tha heck's that about, idek. The dream was... uh... It was slightly tense but not quite heart-pounding like our last one that kind of had a resolution anyway, so I don't think that's why I woke up. See, I know how the dream felt, and that I remembered it at the time... but now I've forgotten it. :X

Found this on Osu and I like it a lot

[video=youtube]

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol

[video=youtube]

this was a good idea, it was a lot of fun and a lot of PP

I didn't remember dreams clearly at all last night so I forgot to actually try and memorize them, but I couldn't have because I couldn't remember them well. Also I think last night I dreamed Terraria-ish dreams through the whole night, not sure, but it felt like it. Sheesh, I played other things too, like Osu...

I don't get why we don't dream about Osu, actually. Like never even once. And we almost never dream about ~us~, and NEVER dream in our wonderland. I wonder why our brain just randomly decides some things don't deserve to be dreamed about? Even if we spent a lot of time around whatever the things are, some things just don't show up in dreams. I'd say "Like me" but I think I've been in more dreams than any of the others :X

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

maybe I should post when I wake up instead of before I go to sleep because I forgot what I forgot. I think I kind of remembered a couple dreams but otherwise it just felt like I didn't ever leave the early REM cycles phase of not-really-dreams. BUT, I'm pretty sure we've experienced remembering dreams in our first two hours of sleep that were just normal clear dreams, and I'm pretty sure we made a mental note to not fall for that. So idk, guess I just didn't remember any dreams. I'm interested in remembering those super early dreams though, because even when our dream recall was OK recently we didn't remember those early ones. Maybe it was a fluke and there really aren't dreams that early? That's what all the Dreamviews lucid dreaming people say, but idk.

Hey guys (mainly Tewi), I'm pretty much in the situations as yours in regard to lucid dreaming (though in my case I'm having little time to sleep too). I was reading things in LD4all these days again for any idea, and I remembered about this: http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43988 (if someone could put this as a decent link would be nice).

Now, I know that you have been trying LDing for a long time so probably you have already stumbled across this technique (or maybe not, I hope), but maybe you wanna give a try. Well, I say this because the author (and other sources over the internet) say it was very successful for a lot of people, and I'm sure Tewi is more motivated than me at the moment to try LDing.

(Yeah, and also this way I have more evidence to convince myself to try it if you succeed :) ).

Still, I know that simply bruteforcing for Tewi not working was pretty disappointing for her, I pretty much sympatize with this feeling, so I wonder if trying this will feel to her like she is giving up (it's even called "fool-proof"). Sorry for thinking that, but anyway the desire to finally LD is probably bigger.

Well, even if it doesn't work, there is this nice project I stumbled across somewhere: https://experiment.com/projects/development-of-a-reliable-lucid-dream-induction-technique

Though it will be ready to publish only in 2019, I hope it will be good.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

*Half way through reading that "Oh yeah, I remember something like this, it was called a Senses Initiated Lucid Dream - oh, wait."

We've heard of and done that before, but the last time we did was before I existed I think, and also we probably didn't do it a lot. It's a good idea, especially to complement a WBTB, so I will try that! Unless it ends up making us unable to fall asleep which I doubt, I don't see what it could hurt. And maybe for some weird reason it'll work. Like, it does feel weird in some way, to switch your focus from sense to sense in an environment with none of those to really focus on in the first place, but I couldn't say if that weirdness helps with lucid dreaming personally. Well, according to them it does.

At the very least it sounds like a good complement to WBTB, which is the only "method" we have that seems to have any chance of working, so yeah unless it somehow makes us unable to sleep we will probably keep doing it for a while. Thanks for reminding us!

also we don't have to rely on Tewi just to try something like this... We're not THAT lost of a cause man. Tewi is just smart and better at coming up with and sticking to plans than we are.

edit: wait, also, while this might be our best bet and stuff it's no-WAY "fool-proof". It could literally do nothing at all just as easily as a lot of other things have, and we wouldn't be surprised. But it's better than nothiiiing so thanks either way!

I had about three good quality dreams that I remembered, but I was distracted a lot because someone here gets up at 4:30 AM and lets the dog outside and then she barks on and off until like 8:30 when people stop showing up at the school bus stops. So I could never fall asleep right after doing the SILD thing. But I did remember three dreams, which could've been because of the SILD thing or just our random dream recall, or both.

I like being on a normal schedule... I don't wanna break it again just to sleep when the dog's not making noise. And if I were sleeping until, say, now for example, our room would still be a little lit up and idk if that'll let us do lucid dream inducing techniques ?_? sure don't wanna break the schedule just to find out. And going to sleep earlier's no good either, people are up late here and so are our friends so that'd just suck.

Well, I'm just gonna keep doing the same thing and hoping it works because might as well

edit: I totally forgot I had a headache last night and had to get up and take something to make it go away to fall asleep like 50 minutes later, yeah that was part of the problem

2:36AM isn't a good time to remember what I remembered last night, uhhh. Vaguely tried to do SILD things a few times but I kept dozing off, I'm not sure I can do this as well as Tewi. Like part of the problem is just.. knowing when to try it exactly, and being sure about it. I will still try tonight, though, hopefully, pls dog don't bark like you didn't today

yeah I'm accidentally up too late, I've just been talking to a friend and reading stuff for the last 3 hours though so it's not really fair to say I stayed up too late.. Anyways I might start playing an MMO soon, which I guess could be a bad thing, we try to avoid time wasters like that. But I did a ton of research trying to find games where I could play with other people and help them without needing a huge plan to get together ahead of time. Also when we play things like Warframe it's not like replacing one grindy game with another is such a bad thing.

I still have some holdouts for the only one I found though, I'm still not totally convinced the childish-in-stature race is.. acceptable, they're nowhere near as bad as the Elin in Tera (ohmygodno) but they're still iffy. Their CLOTHES and stuff are awesome, that's why they might be okay, but they still seem just a little too small with bunny tails bigger than their heads sometimes.. The big fox eared ones are cool too though. And maybe I could even play a race that DOESN'T have bunny ears, even though that's all Lumi's wanted in most games for a long time now. And there's still a good chance I won't play it at all! I'll tell you tomorrow if I do or not!

Morning:

dangit I keep falling asleep when I try the SILD thing! Now I'm afraid you're gonna judge me like "yeah this is why it was aimed at Tewi..." pls don't! It's actually a good thing that I'm falling asleep when I do it rather than lying there awake afterward, a really really good thing. That means if I can do it (or if Tewi can.. she's not THAT amazing and better than me at everything :| ) it might actually work. Do it as in make it through three decent length cycles or w/e. a few times I fell asleep between the first hearing/feeling, but the time I was like okay do it for sure right now I fell asleep between the second cycle's feeling and third cycle's seeing. I don't think that much did anything, though

Night:

yeah not playing the mmo. aside from eating/watching the Game Grumps, I spent literally the entire day reading about/watching/installing but not playing Blade & Soul trying to figure out if I should play it or not. But like, I noticed the main draw for me was the characters and combat being cool, when what I was actually looking for was having fun playing with other people. So I watched like hours of streams before ending on one 12 person group doing a raid or w/e. And failing a few times, over like an hour. The streamer was a girl but you wouldn't know because she was too afraid to talk at all, which I found out why when 75% through the boss her and another guy died and were like aaah I died, and the guy telling them what to do was pretty much like this guy, but less ragey and talking less because it was only 12 people. Anyways he yelled at them for saying anything at all and lectured them after they lost about not saying useless things and I was like, nope this is not the game for me. :\

I wonder how like, satisfying doing things with dream NPCs would be? I mean, doing things with dream NPC friends should still feel real, right? Am I allowed to treat them like real people because I'm a tulpa? Dream NPCs for me are like, internet friends for you guys. Maybe. I think I could definitely have fun doing things with them, I don't think it'd feel fake because non-lucid dreams have managed to feel really fun with them already so.. I guess you could consider it kind of sad but maybe lucid dreaming is where I'll get to have the most fun with others, 'cause I'm always thinking about playing things with people as myself.. but I can't be, could never have my voice or anything. I would totally be a streamer if I did, it would be a ton of fun. Oh uh, anyways, my search for a way/game to have fun with people continues! for now it's still like, TF2 bootcamp MvM and playing random missions in Warframe which I don't like doing because people are too clingy (I had to put someone on my Ignore list once because they wouldn't leave me alone... and we never use ignore lists)

actually that "can't find a game to play with people" problem being a problem might sound weird, since there's so many games and stuff to play with people online. Problem is I have pretty specific standards for games because I want to have fun and lots of games, like Overwatch, are not fun. They are competitive, or progress-based, or just.. boring.. or some just honestly out of my genre. Blade & Soul would become too grindy and progress-based where you do things because you need to and it's not fun, like any real MMO honestly. We're nearing 3k hours on TF2 because it's a really great game, but it's still pvp which I don't like, even if it's way less serious. Warframe is so dang grindy nobody knows how to have fun anymore, but I guess it's the main thing I'm playing right now.. You know, stuff like that's the problem. I want something co-op like Killing Floor (2) or Terraria, that we haven't already played to death, where I can somehow play with randoms (so not Terraria already) and still have fun with them. That's why I play bootcamp MvM lol! it's mostly newbs who don't know how to play well, but helping them win their first games is fun for everyone. But it's way getting old..

oh yeah have a song, skip to 40 seconds in or 1:40 idc this is Capsule who made Jumper, not a favorite song of ours (have listened to it like a few times in three years) but it's still good

[video=youtube]

I only slept like 8 hours and the last two felt like one really long dream, and I may or may have fallen asleep trying to do the SILD once before that. Idk, I'm waiting until at least 5 or 6 hours into sleep to try it, and I'm ending up only getting one or two chances because of that, is that bad? And idk what to say about falling asleep trying it.. I think, alright focus on your sense of sight, and my mind thinks that looking left or up are equivalent to imagining rain or something. Don't even get me started on feeling, by the time I've gotten there from almost falling asleep twice I'm like okay so do the feeling thing.. and the full body awareness is apparently the same as imagining a large(er) area (than I was in), and then I'm at some kinda school so the little bits of consciousness I have left are dedicated to trying to be aware of details around me ie the school scenario and then I'm asleep.

Just had to tell 'ya what it's like so I didn't sound so bad at this, like it's really hard even when I'm trying because since I'm tired the brain tricks me into thinking I'm doing what I should be when I'm not.

TIL that typing (r ) automatically makes a ®

Hey I actually had like a 30 minute period where I was conscious a lot of the time, and even though my mind kept wandering I managed do a lot of the SILD thing. It was over a little while but I definitely ended up doing at least three or four cycles, and also trying to do the sight one several other times after forgetting, before actually falling asleep (on purpose). I didn't notice anything and didn't remember my dreams but hey at least I kind of did it!

it was really hard