Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Luminesce

Yeah, I think you've got a supply for a while anyway and it's never good to become dependent.

It's more of a thing for people outside the US (such exist contrary to popular beliefs) who don't want to deal with customs or simply cannot import the original due to legal reasons. Clairdream doesn't ship to Germany you know, probably because our retarded authorities are like 'noo you cant just order dangerous chemicals over the internet, people could accidentially 1000 pills and die, won't somebody please think of the children,...

Seriously it's getting worse and worse.

No meds without prescription which you then only get in a pharmacy for 500% market price and no chemicals at all because derrorism.

Super Girls don't cry

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it was peanuts all along. So much wasted orange juice...

Yeah lucid dreams are nice, but hypnagogic is just next level when it works. I'm not downplaying your experience, congrats. I expected you to see more of you tulpas.

Next you need to see at least one of your headmates as a brightly colored pulsating octopus, that's a dream you don't forget (even if you want to.)

Edited by Bear

A dream of the fisherman's wife? 

Spoiler

Don't google that if you don't want to see..... uhhhhhhh

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I'm very happy for your progress. Also I'm one of those that randomly lucid dream without trying, and I think it is 1000% worth it. I don't understand how someone can think it is boring. Ha, maybe I'll send you metta and it'll help your future attempts.

I also agree with feeling of not wanting to rely on substances for things, but sometimes you're just stuck so you gotta get the help, so I wouldn't feel bad about it, unless it was utterly destroying your health or something, which I don't think these pills are.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)

Hmm, first failure, on second attempt. My stomach got upset when I took the pills and I was unable to sleep for probably 2 hours, and when I woke up I still couldn't go back to sleep and had to get up. I don't think it was necessarily the pills though, it's a thing that happens to me rarely that I've always associated with eating (usually dry or excessive bread) food before going to sleep, my best guess at what it is is "My stomach not digesting because I'm asleep, but still having food in it". It wasn't happening before I took the pills 5 hours into sleeping, but also I did have a lot of bread yesterday.

The two dreams I actually had after weren't especially vivid, just normal okay clarity dreams. Also in one I was literally falling asleep in the dream (not just "dreaming I was falling asleep", but spotty consciousness fading in and out of the dream too probably because of my waking inability to soundly sleep for 1.5+ hours before it and then after it), so 2+ hours after taking the pills they weren't really having an effect. There's a chaaaance they really just don't last that long, but a much higher chance imo that my stomach was really just not digesting them based on my understanding of the problem. I got up and ate ate 6:30 AM because I could not sleep and as normal, initially eating wasn't very pleasurable but by the time I finished eating my stomach was fine, hence my hypothesizing that it's my stomach being "off". 

Unfortunately I still need to wait another couple days before I can try it again though. And if you see leaps in the every-other-day pattern (and you will) it's because for one reason or another the night(s) weren't right to try it. Honestly sometimes I'm just not in the mood to attempt to lucid dream for some reason, too, just not feeling it. I don't know how that's even possible, but it's happened (first noticed it when I was actively using the REM-Dreamer)

(I have to admit that, honestly, I tried taking the pills without eating peanuts first just to see if it was necessary to do so... I don't like when my "for science" things actually go wrong)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Hmm, only 9 days, feels like it's been weeks. So I've learned I am incapable of making myself not sleep in when I just "want" to have a normal schedule, only when I have to. I haven't really had chances to try taking the pills again, the times I have I was far too awake to fall back asleep if I did anything. So I was a little defeated after failing to not go back to sleep after 7-8 hours three days in a row, not sure what to do. Then I realized (something we've technically realized a couple times in the past) - the theoretical best possible time to take those pills isn't strictly 5-6 hours into sleep, it's any time past 5 hours when it'll be easy to fall back asleep, OR from another perspective (not of success, but of quality of results), when my REM cycle will be the longest.

You know when both of those occur? When I'm too comfy to not sleep in.

So the new plan, sleeping mask + pills + sleep in. In the past, this was something we realized would be great for Wake Back To Bed, either forcing us to get up early because we couldn't fall back asleep but it was a good time to get up, or falling back asleep but with possibly increased dream vividness. Well now I'm going to use that strategy (that we seemingly forgot to ever employ lol) for taking the pills. Either I get the heck up at a decent hour, or I fall asleep and have EXTREMELY LONG extremely vivid dreams. The after 5 hours ones were pretty nice, but I'm honestly excited for like a dang hour of vivid dreaming.

So, worst case scenario this time is I just end up having a normal sleeping schedule and wasting pills. Best case scenario is screw the sleeping schedule I'm going to have extremely long vivid lucid dreams

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Just sleep 7 hour nights for a while, that'll make you uncomfortably tired, get used to it, then sleep 5 hours at night and take a flippin nap every day. I get so much higher quality hypnopompic and dreams that I remember if I take a nap. It makes it super easy to go to sleep at night and if you have something you want to do when you wake up, like a new game or something, then it's easy enough to get up to do that, play a few hours, then take the nap.

[Insert Lumi excuses why he can't do that, already tried that, etc.]

Oops, was I supposed to make a post today? Just to say "I tried out eating peanuts and going back to sleep and can confirm it's definitely the claridream that caused the vivid dreams not the peanuts"? I was going to take claridream with aforementioned plan but correctly figured I was too awake to do it, so I indulged that joke theory. Took me a bit to fall back asleep, dreams were regular vivid for sleeping in that long.

@ bear, I tried sleeping 7 hours to fix my schedule a few days in a row, and was unable to ... not go back to sleep, lol. For once it's actually my fault, but I just don't have the self discipline while barely awake to get up unless I need to, like for a job/appointment etc. And I've said a thousand times I can't nap, it's happened a handful of times ever. Often when I would "nap" I just sleep for 3-4 hours and feel really crappy afterwards. And it's not every day I can give myself something I'm excited to wake up for. Fall Guys recently was not enough to make me get up early to play it, although the idea crossed my mind one morning, I just went back to sleep and played it later lol.

Also it's about 5AM and I'm still awake, so that's not good.

Feeling crappy for lack of sleep, that's the new normal, but I go to sleep in 2 minutes, even naps. I feel very different when I'm deprived vs fully rested. My fully rested state is boring, and annoying, even though I'm cognitively much better off. My sleepy state is fun and relaxing. It feels good when I want to take a nap, it's like "waking up late on a Saturday morming kind of groggy," not the "can barely keep my eyes open, gonna hot the guardrail" kind of tired, that's too far. I learned this when I was doing 100+ hour weeks, sleep was a luxury I couldn't always afford, and sleepy bear is a happier bear.

Edited by Bear