Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Luminesce

Hey, I did the thing, kind of like I said I would even. Nothing special happened dream-wise, but success is important enough right? And uh, non-stagnation?

I woke up about 5.5 hours into sleeping last night and decided to try and take the claridream pills. I ate one mouthful of peanuts (specifying in case it matters), then took the pills, then tried to go back to sleep. I wasn't really THAT tired so I didn't fall back asleep for somewhere between 30 and 55 minutes. I did fall asleep though, and then I woke up between 10 and 35 minutes later, depending on when exactly I fell asleep. The dream wasn't super long, but it wasn't unsatisfyingly short, so that's good considering how short the time asleep was.

The dream wasn't lifelike vivid like the first time, but it was close enough and plenty satisfying. It also did the job, because I realized I was dreaming just as soon as Lumi did the first time. I'm going to recount the dream, but it's just for the people who like that sort of thing, nothing "special" happened in it per se, aside from the weird gray void/staying lucid and asleep through it.

Spoiler

As early as I can remember into the dream, I was in a non-existent bathroom in a house 90% similar to our grandma's house (as our dreams frequently take place in), and I looked out its window and noticed a weird parallax effect going on, with the outside looking like a 2.5D aquarium or something. After debating how that could've been done for 10 or so seconds, I realized I must be dreaming. I turned around and walked into the living room to look at the clock, mirroring an experience Lumi had in real life that we're still unsure whether was real or an incredibly vivid fever dream. It was normal for like 5 seconds, and I thought, "That's weird, clocks aren't supposed to work right in dreams." I was then unfazed as it slowly turned into a larger clock with multiple hands that had smaller hands, one of which was going backwards, which I thought a little pointless.

Suffice to say, while I was lucid, I wasn't extremely so in this dream. Enough to stay lucid, like Lumi in his first dream, but not enough to not wander around randomly, like the first dream. Anyways, I heard our dog move in her pen across the house (in a part of our grandma's house that really could not fit our dog's pen lol), and I was afraid she would bark thinking I was a stranger, so I briskly walked across the house to get to her and assure her I wasn't. I then decided to walk outside for a change of scenery. I opened the door and was greeted with a fairly accurate view of what behind our grandmother's house looks like... until I noticed the horizon very starkly contrasted the rest of the world because it was a straight up cosmos full of stars and other nice looking things. Very pretty and a reminder I was in fact dreaming.

Except then I closed my eyes - not really lucidly, so it may have been dream shenanigans, but the effects were pretty real, because - everything went gray, even when I opened them again. In fact, the whole world became a gray void and I was very afraid I was going to wake up. Just out of desperation, I focused on one spot on the horizon and kind of made it a white dot - thought of it as one of the stars in the sky from before, trying to ground myself in the dream. But boy did the world stay a gray void with no detail aside from one or a few white dots/stars out there. I think I somehow moved away from the house and to the right a fair ways, when a girl's voice called out to me. Back to my left, a bunch of mostly vertical white tree branches (not really any trunks, just a 40 foot area of white branches going up), a voice of what dream context said was a video game NPC story-character/quest-giver with no actual form to her was coming from near the top of the trees. I was honestly ready to go with literally anything at this point because the world was still a gray void aside from those "trees" and her voice. Neither her nor myself had any physical forms at all, just her voice and my awareness.

I don't remember most of our dialogue very clearly, except the bit I obviously did. Very much playing out like a story in a game, she got my attention and then asked what my name was. I said "Tew- Flandre." (I knew who I was but I hadn't had a chance to think about myself yet, or assert my form like I wanted to if I lucid dreamed, and in this case I didn't even have a body anymore). So of course she replies "Hi Tewf! Let's-" and goes on about starting some quest to collect things. During this, the area to the right of the white branches slowly started fading into a forest, with lots of random small things on the ground. Still otherwise connected to the gray void everywhere else, including above and below those trees though. One part of the dialogue I do remember is she specifically said something like "Please go on your journey alone", but through my innate reaction to being told to stay alone in a dream, I willed her into then saying "You may encounter people willing to join you.               Maybe even someone you recognize!" after a long pause, lol. If we can learn to purposely harness that "willing" of things, we should be able to shape our dreams pretty well.

So anyways I immediately left to walk into the forest, which finally filled up the dream, no more gray void. Have I mentioned literal voids have never appeared in our dreams before? Our brain has tricked us into thinking we were waking up before, but I don't feel like it was a complete fakeout due to those lasting effects. Perhaps that was me staying conscious through a dream transition, whereas in Lumi's first dream he has no recollection of the time between the three dreams/scenarios he experienced in one REM cycle. Anyways - forest. At this point I'm basically not lucid anymore, but still conscious and the dream is vivid. I wander around interacting with things and collecting little stuff off the ground, like a couple seashells, with the dream context being I'm doing some sort of quest but also in an open world. I walked into a couple of like... "Infested" animal things, vaguely Warframe inspired but many games will do, and I used some white whip I apparently had to "defeat" them. And then I walked over and tried to get the item from one, strongly feeling the "Press E and you'll harvest a resource from it" thing - but instead I just kind of touched it with my left hand, and it was very unpleasant. I just very vividly poked a sac on it, got no item, and was thoroughly grossed out. I don't know why that had to be the most vivid part of the dream...

Aaand then I walked around looking at forest stuff for not much longer, and woke up. Despite all the text, the dream was relatively short compared to many others we've had. To be fair, it's possible all of that happened in the span of me being asleep for 15 minutes. 

Alright, more productive notes. I managed to fall back asleep another 30-45 minutes later, and while I wasn't even close to lucid, the next dream and the next couple times I fell asleep were fairly vivid. Spotty/short between transitions as heck, but I was clearly thinking still at least, so dream recall was a little easier. Still, that really screwed with our sleep for the night.

Also, my stomach was kind of upset for ~3 hours after taking the pills. I don't know whether it was actually the pills (probably), or just the stomach being made active by eating those peanuts but then the body going back to sleep possibly shutting it ~off again, which seems to be a thing that upsets our stomach too. I did sleep for long enough (like, 3.5 hours) that it was more or less fine by the time I got up though. Doesn't mean it helped the quality of our sleep in that time, though I won't blame our stomach for the crappy quality of dreams as much as our simply being-awake-and-mentally-active. Honestly that historically screws with our sleep in that manner much more than an upset stomach.

You know, I was all ready to focus on "staying lucid and not randomly wandering around" before I fell asleep, and yet here I am. Heck, my only real goal was to make my form match myself, and not only did I not, for half the dream I didn't even have a form. So lucid or not we definitely still need to work on "lucidity", or I guess, some higher order of lucidity than simply knowing we're dreaming. "Remember your connection to your waking life" is some sage advice we read from a very popular guide on Dreamviews. Literally remember that you are asleep in your bed and are currently in a dream. Sounds like it'd make you wake up or something, but apparently it just increases your lucidity in the sense we're looking for a lot. According to them, memory of your waking life context is all that separates lucidity from non-lucidity. I'd believe it, based on our lucid experiences so far.

Alright, that's all. Well, and when I woke up from the first dream and thought about what I'd write in this post, I thought about how I was annoyed I can't title the post "Flandre's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Love" anymore on the new forum software.

I know I didn't "dream of love", but that's not what our titles ever meant. "Lucilyn's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Fun", "Tewi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Rabbits" was it?, and "Reisen's Dreaming Thread; Dreams Together" were all based on our main desires of what we'd like to dream about. Mostly self explanatory, with Tewi's standing out; hers is in reference to her main dreaming scenario she wants to experience of simply sitting in a bamboo forest with the local rabbits, mirroring the Tewi in Touhou's living situation. I want to dream with Lumi, Lucilyn wants to dream of having fun with literally anyone, and Reisen wants to dream with all of us together, like our normal wonderlanding scenarios but more vivid and intimate.

Those are all secondary to our primary goal of simply meeting each other in a lucid dream and sharing hugs, of course, which would be Lumi's. Dreams of Moon doesn't necessarily correlate to a dream scenario, other than the moon to us is a symbol of love and our togetherness.

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting my reply to our talking about that post in LOTPW here:

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

You should feel privileged because Bear has turned into an anti-long post reader and he saw the length and was about to nope, but then decided it was interesting and read it all. The mouthful of peanuts got him interested, ngl. We must know the truth about peanuts.

Oh, I thought you guys wanted us to post the actual details of our dreams. I specifically had you guys in mind when writing that out. If it's not wanted by even you, we probably won't write out the actual dreams in the future, just the general results (unless something important happens in the dreams, of course)

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Also, how can you take that and expect it to digest in 30 minutes? Is the pill some sort of fast acting thing? Can it be fully absorbed in the stomach? We're not gastroenterologists here.

Uhh, I don't know, but not only is that what you're supposed to do - both times our dreams have been extremely vivid immediately after falling asleep, and then progressively less vivid thereafter, without the lucidity effects on any dreams after our first waking.

Unless you think that our stomach really turns off completely while we sleep, and the rest goes undigested? But I feel like it doesn't literally turn off, and still digests while we sleep. That said - 2 mouthfuls of peanuts went fine, no peanuts was awful and really screwed with our stomach if that wasn't unrelated, and 1 kind of screwed with our stomach. So we'll definitely not go light on the peanuts in the future.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yes, the details of the dream was well appreciated. Also Ashley's shitpost shouldn't be taken as the level of professionalism we would have posted here. Not that we wouldn't shitpost here, just that it would be a little different. As so...

"Bear has turned into an anti-long post reader and he saw the length and was about to nope, but then decided it was interesting and read it all. The mouthful of peanuts got him interested, ngl. We must know the truth about peanuts."

Do you see the subtle difference?

• 4 weeks later...

I remembered the Claridream pills existed and actually woke up perfectly at 2am last night and took them, I ate 1.5 mouthfuls of Goldfish crackers (I feel like these will work better than peanuts)

and it did the thing were my stomach kinda hurt a bit and my first dream was not spectacularly vivid, so I think definitely the problem is not giving our stomach enough time to work before falling asleep. Forced WBTB it is! I didn't have THAT much trouble falling back asleep after taking them, I think we're used to the expectation part of taking them now!

anyways, I had a pretty-vivid dream, followed by like 4 more pretty-vivid dreams! Not enough to be instantly lucid, but basically what we've always wanted, just something to work with y'know? But basically we missed the initial super high bump of effectiveness before it trails off for a while, like last time, but it still made our dreams vivid and recallable (though it still takes a lot of work), so even if that was the entire effect we'd still take them, but we really gotta shoot for those lifelike super-vivid dreams to get our practice with lucid dreaming in, to kickstart our abilities in less-vivid dreams

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 3 months later...

Oof, the new forum software has a little "4 weeks later..." above Lucilyn's last post. I don't even want to know what it'll say for this one..

So I had a lucid dream at complete random last night, wholly unproductive and nothing happened, but I'll talk about it anyways.

I was asleep by 10PM and woke up somewhere between 3 and 5AM (5-7 hours into sleep) and got up to go to the bathroom. Didn't do anything special, didn't think anything special, wasn't totally thoughtless either - honestly I've done this tons of times in exactly the same way and nothing special came of it. I hadn't eaten since like 7 hours before going to sleep either, so no food should factor in. Fell back asleep in a very normal, just a few random thoughts way.

For some reason I had an extremely lifelike dream of sitting at my desk in my room. I tried to turn on a lightswitch and nothing happened, and although it felt like waking life I'm trained to always reality check when weird things happen no matter what - and I was lucid. And I was like "Oh crap, I was not prepared to lucid dream" - and how right I was, lol. I did not employ any grounding/stabilization techniques, nor did I remember to remember my connection to my waking life ie. the fact that I was asleep in my bed, as I had just been talking about the importance of in LOTPW a day prior. The first and main thing I tried to do was impose Lucilyn (sitting in my chair I guess) to make her appear, which didn't work, and then I tried to make her appear by expecting her to be there when I turned around, which didn't work, and then I tried even harder to impose her by shaping my hands around her form like we do to solidify imposition in real life - nothing. Just the vaguest mental image of her, but not even really a transparent silhouette.

At this point I was surprised the dream didn't end still, and seeing it was still so lifelike I decided I should try something out for knowledge's sake - and at this point I was completely lost, non-lucid in a yet lifelike vivid dream. I guess I decided to test the effects doing exercise in a dream might have, so I did like 65 jumping jacks as I might do in real life. I felt the very slightest soreness in my muscles and my heartrate did not noticeably elevate.

Well done, me, that sure is cool and great and awesome and thoroughly helpful to know! Maybe try ANY grounding or stabilization techniques next time so I get something done for the first time!

But given the last time we posted in this thread, clearly lucid dreams aren't going to just present themselves often enough to stop this unpreparedness from happening. I guess I should try and do random Wake Back To Bed's like that more often, since we've clearly established we have an incredibly high becoming-lucid rate as long as the dreams are vivid.

----

Since we don't update anywhere else other than Last One To Post Wins, I guess I'll mention what I've been focused on the last month or so: setting plans to deal with my motivation issues, the first 15 days, and failing miserably to do anything about my crippling motivation issues, the last 15. I'm supposed to be learning Blender because I decided I want to get into 3D modeling, and while I've planned to get Tewi's help in learning it from the start, I refuse to let her take over before I've done the most basic of basics like watching a few tutorials and making a few basic objects. But my motivation issues have in turn reached the worst point they ever have again, and it took me three days to finally watch a Blender tutorial I already had open in my browser, which I had intended to watch and follow day 1 before switching with Tewi. Since it took me so long to do such an easy thing though, now I'm kind of stuck not feeling it's right to switch with Tewi just because I can't do these incredibly easy tasks.

So I'm kind of stuck doing nothing but refusing help because I shouldn't need it. With anything requiring motivation in life mind you, not specifically 3D modeling. Struggling to shower once every 7 days and all. Not really sure what to do about this, either.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

19 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Well done, me, that sure is cool and great and awesome and thoroughly helpful to know! Maybe try ANY grounding or stabilization techniques next time so I get something done for the first time!

Maybe what made you lucid was your lack of preparedness in the first place? I don't know if you already have a "if caught by surprise" drill memorized or not.

Congraulations Lumi, I feel pretty confident you'll get another chance!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

What made me lucid was the dream being lifelike levels of vivid. It seems almost unavoidable that something weird doesn't happen to trigger reality checking when dreams are that vivid, for us.

We absolutely have a drill for stabilizing dreams, but for some reason we've never remembered to do it when we become lucid. Probably because random lucid dreams are literally months apart

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

Edit Edit: 4 WEEKS!!! no way, that was only 24 days! 3.4 weeks!

--

so I had a lucid dream last-last night and forgot to write about it even though I thought about it personally lol

this "lucid dream journaling" is kinda nice! keeping track of the contexts around when we had lucid dreams and also what happens in them is super helpful

so, I had woken up.. shoot I forgot to count the hours, but around 5-8 hours into sleeping, and went to the bathroom but also heard our brother's CPAP mask through his door 'cus it was pushed off his face while he was sleeping, which is bad for his sleep, so I opened his door and said he should readjust his mask (we've done this a few times so it wasn't a big deal, he went straight back to sleep)

then I went back to sleep not particularly quickly but didn't take super long either

now for the actual DREAM, uhhhhhh, nothing again!

okay, well.. so I was playing our 3DS I guess (dunno what game) and somehow I realized I was dreaming (the dream was vivid enough, but I don't think any special indicators we were dreaming even happened, we're just REALLY good at becoming lucid in vivid dreams), and I was like OH why am I lucid I'm literally in the middle of playing a 3DS game... so I waited a few seconds for a screen transition and then closed the DS (sleep mode) and put it down, theeen

idk, I literally decided to try to exert dream control and walk through a wall, which I couldn't do, so then I tried to visualize myself on the other side of it REALLY hard, like I REALLY tried to visualize it to just make myself appear on the other side because I just REALLY wanted to succeed at dream control in any capacity

visualization as we've said not really being a thing in dreams and kind of forcing what I was trying to visualize to be actually what I was seeing/what was happening, it was really screwy, and then maybe I managed to switch my perspective to where I was trying to visualize so hard I finally was there (a weird hallway going left and right perpendicular to the wall I supposedly just went through), and then I dooon't remember what happened after that because I lost whatever lucidity I supposedly had, I feel like I went left because someone was over there and then ...

So yeah! Terrible as always, basically only had a few seconds of true lucidity and I stayed 200% immersed in the dream right after by being afraid to interrupt my 3DS playing, as always the serious problem of us not thinking for even a split second that we should do grounding and dream stabilization techniques

the first thing I did when I woke up was actually figure out how I should've walked through the wall, which I decided was more "belief" priming by believing before I tried it that it wouldn't actually be solid and that I'd go right through it and expecting that, rather than our default of "This is a solid wall we shouldn't be able to walk through! But hey, it's a dream, so we definitely can! *can't*"

definitely, thinking about how what we want to happen will totally happen and NOT about how we're trying to do something impossible is the way to go

anyways, not special at all overall, buuuut it's more good data on 1) how we seriously become ~lucid so easily if we just manage to have a vivid dream, and 2) that the act of getting up, saying two short sentences out loud, and then going back to sleep caused more vivid dreams

Edit: oh, forgot to mention, I also thought about how we should fix this problem of never grounding ourselves or stabilizing the dreams and instead just going and doing nothing and losing lucidity - I think we should integrate those grounding & stabilizing techniques into our waking reality checking, like earlier I thought how weird our kitchen looked when partially lit up by some crappy lights, so I had this idea and reality checked followed by thinking about grounding ("I'm dreaming, I'm lying in my bed having a dream, I need to focus inwards and prioritize remaining aware") and stabilizing the dream (focusing on details, not looking around too quickly or moving to different places, just creating a stable environment)

so yeah, we should do that

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of posts (from a lack of trying) the last few months, I'd just been focusing on trying to get my life together at all. Haven't really succeeded, other than we're learning Blender on-and-off, though that was supposed to be an on that never went off. Haven't made any tangible progress with motivation or anything. I'm going outside once a day on walks (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 1.5 hours) with my brother now that it's not freezing, and I guess that's about it.

I should really try to use those Claridream pills before they like, expire or something. I don't think they'll lead to consistent progress, but luckily they're so dang powerful when the stars align that it might not need to be consistent.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

In case any passerby have the first thought that I've probably been failing all this time because I expect to fail, I'd like to direct your attention to this quote from the very first page of this thread:

On 8/18/2016 at 8:18 PM, Luminesce said:

I probably won't write this much every day. Or maybe I will. I hope some day someone will stumble upon this thread and learn everything they ever needed to accomplish lucid dreaming.

However if this thread gets to be like 4 pages long with no success I'll be relatively unamused.

----

Soooo. Our Claridream pills never really got used up, we took them just a handful of times and only one time did they end up helping (because we can never fall back asleep after), though that one time was the most vivid, lifelike dreaming we've ever experienced. And they uh, expired last month now, so.. (But they were expensive, so we intend to try them at least once more some time soon if we can, in case they're still good)

I don't know how to explain or excuse how few times I attempted to take them. There's just like, a light dread I associate with attempting lucid dream induction techniques in the middle of the night, because I know 99% of the time it just prevents me from sleeping for hours and is extremely disappointing/disheartening. Logically I'd still want to be trying every single time because eventually some attempt has to work, but that's just how it happens. Not an excuse, just want to be transparent about something people would (should) otherwise easily question. Though a lot of the actual time I didn't take the pills is because I legit forgot, but the times where I remembered (and early on when I'd yet to forget), that was generally why.

Second part, though. It's not always a dread per se, when we attempt lucid dream induction we're often aiming for a time where we wake up just barely and, very tired, do whatever the induction method is (in recent times, taking the Claridream pills), to hopefully fall back asleep quickly. But it seems at this point, after Lucilyn tried to take the pills on her birthday, that the light intent to "maybe try tonight" is all it takes to have a very "conscious" night.

In the past we associated that with pure randomness, or with thinking too much about what we're going to do and the stuff around that. But Lucilyn had zero expectations and didn't think on it much at all, she simply set the intent to remember if she woke up at a good time to take the pills. But that entire night, for no reason tied to the previous day at all, she was very "awake" every time she woke up, the state we nearly exclusively do not attempt lucid induction techniques from because it has exclusively led to lying awake for 2+ hours and failing.

But that state hasn't happened to us in months, so for it to happen on that one night in specific is far too suspicious.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if we're going to keep attempting lucid induction techniques mid-night, we need to figure out how to deal with this far-too-awake state that happens when we've even the slightest intent to be aware of anything throughout the night.

Edited by Luminesce