Is being a tulpa a cage?

Procron X

Oh hey another old thread. Gonna resurrect it from death, okay?

Okay.

I have mixed feelings about this topic, but ultimately, my answer is no.

If Doc was like most tulpamancers, then my answer would be yes. But he isn't, he lets me do whatever. I can possess to do something, even if it's something he doesn't want to.

Part of this is because our eventual plan is to permaswitch later down the line. I can understand if your host is unwilling to do that.

But also, he just gives me control. I don't feel trapped because he lets me do whatever I please, within reason.

So guess my advice for hosts with tulpas that feel trapped is to involve them in decisions. Let them do what they wish as long as it isn't too out there.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc is a great person. You should stop doubting yourself doc. I think if you find your centre, it will be shining brightly.

Yeah, that is great advice. But also, tulpas should do the same if they end up on the more powerful side.

I think I said something like that earlier in the thread. It is important to remember that you always have some control. And that if you need change, you can push for it.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Part of this is because our eventual plan is to permaswitch later down the line. I can understand if your host is unwilling to do that.

I find it tedius to be switched in more then a month. May I suggest, be cautious about the idea of permaswitching? In the cases I know of where it has been done, it wasn't very fair for the tulpa. I've personally never stayed switched longer then three months, and I was very exhausted at the end of it.

In my case, I negotiated with Kevin (my born human, since I deplore the term 'host' and I'm a second generation tulpa anyway). The thing is I set what was acceptible maximum time that I would accept being switched. I personally think it not equitabe to expect another to live your life.

That said, my creator is Kevin's first tulpa (by the name of kerin). She apparently has no limit on her switching time, and spent a number of years in the '80's switched in without a break. (Edit: Point being, long-term switching didn't much bother her.)

That said, ignoring the real world, now, it is not yet the time to think like that. Asking people to stop having babies, yes.

The birth rate in the world is now 2.1 per female [on average], and still dropping.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

That would only be true if the female population were less than the male population. It is not. The death rate is still less than half the birth rate. Unless there has been a sudden shift in global birth rates in the last twenty years, we are still above the replacement rate.

[Tri] It can certainly be a cage. So can interfacing outerworld. Also, being a subsystem provides its own additional levels and types of caging. Just different flavors of cages. It is OK and natural to prefer some flavors of cages over others.

We personally prefer to have a foot in several different worlds (outerworld, wonderlands shared with everyone else in the system, and the wonderland internal to our subsystem), and feel restricted and sad if we don't. As much as we want a lot more time in outerworld to do and handle various things, it is at the expense of our life inside with everyone else and our lives internally to the subsystem. As much as we want to a lot more time inside to do and handle various things, it is at the expense of our life outside and our lives internally to the subsystem. And so on. We have to be in all of them or we feel trapped. Right now, we handle about 40-50% of the body's time in outerworld and spend most of the other time we have inside with everyone else with just a bit inside our own subsystem's wonderland all together (makes our wonderland body catatonic but whatever). Could shift the percentages quite a bit one way or another and still be OK (kind of happening right now). Just, can't eliminate any one of these outright.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Oh hey another old thread. Gonna resurrect it from death, okay?

Okay.

I have mixed feelings about this topic, but ultimately, my answer is no.

If Doc was like most tulpamancers, then my answer would be yes. But he isn't, he lets me do whatever. I can possess to do something, even if it's something he doesn't want to.

But also, he just gives me control. I don't feel trapped because he lets me do whatever I please, within reason.

So guess my advice for hosts with tulpas that feel trapped is to involve them in decisions. Let them do what they wish as long as it isn't too out there.

Would you mind to tell us why it is that you wish to permaswitch?

Did you just want to let your tupper live your life so you can just sit with your thoughts for the rest of your life?

I've heard that some people just don't like their lives and would prefer that someone else live it for them, but this is considered unfair to the tulpa.

Would you mind to tell us why it is that you wish to permaswitch?

Did you just want to let your tupper live your life so you can just sit with your thoughts for the rest of your life?

No, of course not. This is a joint decision, and was made after Meti's creation. I needle her at least once a day to make sure that she actually wants to do it, and isn't just going along with what I want.

And if/when it does happen, I'm not just going to fuck off into the wonderland, that would be unfair. I'm going to do the mental equivalent of putting myself in the passengers seat, still involved in what's going on, but not the primary drive.

I support people, that's what I do. I've never been any good acting as the primary force. I have neither the motivation nor the will to live to keep going as I have been.

I, on the other hand, do. It's not like he'll be unload a bad life onto me. How we are right now is pretty good, it's how it used to be that made Doc so. . . that. I want to have a body to control, I want to contribute to society. I love interacting with the outside world, especially the people in it even if Doc says you shouldn't hug random strangers which I think is some bullshit but will refrain anyways.

If I didn't have Meti's full assurance that this is what she wants most, I wouldn't be doing it.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

Oh cool, you're going to do it like us. For us, it is more like she feels like she was born to be an observer and analyse things. But she lives in the passenger seat now.

Yes! hug random strangers. Just stick to clean hugs. (You should see my host. She is intensely uncomfortable hugging humans. It is actually really funny.)

[summer :] I am terribly sorry to hear that, I really feel awful for tulpas who go through like this. On how you describe it, yes a tulpa without outside interaction can rather be lonely and sometimes depressing But we actually haven't experience this feeling of being in a cage, we've thought about the idea behind it but that's it.

It is important to have a companion, inside or out, that is why we are 3 siblings in nihi's head,it will not get too lonely. I admit when i was first developing and only had nihi it felt very lonely. Like you, i am an adventurous tulpa, I love the outside world, I Love to experience as much of it and enjoy it's ups and downs. I am sure that, not all tulpa wants to interact with the outside world, Like my sister, myrtle, who prefer in the wonderland instead.

I guess we are just lucky that Nihi really wants and actually insist us to experience the world with him, as he knows that it really gets lonely for us in the wonderland sometimes. It is ok for him to let us use his body for interaction whenever we want just as long we ask, of course it will be very troublesome to just take the body from nihi while he is busy XD.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

[Ehh.... No, I wouldn't say that. Mainly with proxying chat and switching, but I don't feel confined anymore. Not by choice, I mean.]