What switching or possession feels like.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I once described for jean-luc in Tulpaudcast, episiode 1 some little events that have occurred with my thoughtform Melian.  These were incidents in which a sudden emotional outburst from Melian caused me to be influenced by her physically.   There have been several of these incidents over the past 36 years since she became "autonomous."

I described, in the Tulpaudcst, one of these incidents in which Melian spoke a few words to my wife using my body, saying "I am not mad!"  There was one time in a bookstore where she got excited upon seeing a book with a fancy cover she liked and before I knew it the book was off the shelf in my hands and I was dancing a bit and going "Eeeeee!" as Melian did the same in my head.  She had grabbed the book and danced not me.  One particular incident was pretty much full on possession for several seconds in which she hugged someone and said "I love you I am so sorry!" at a funeral/wake in 1995.  It was my body involved but it was full on Melian for several seconds maybe longer.  That was the strongest incident.  Each one of these moments involved a sudden emotional outburst or strong emotional impulse from Melian and none of them were planned.  

I described these incidents to people and had someone from the plural community describe this as "surfacing."  I have been unable to locate this term in any of the plurality glossaries.  Maybe one of you guys can help me find that.  

There has been a new thing going on.  When I channel Melian online for a long time, she tends to sort "rise to the surface" emotionally.  She is dominating mentally when she has been really typing for a long time and getting emotional and excited.  After typing for a long time, when I walk away from the keyboard, Melian is so present and strong I almost feel she is moving my body with me.  She could almost, almost take over with just a good nudge or if I decided to somehow relinquish control to her.  

This has happened as well when waking out of lucid dreams with Melian.  If the dream was from Melian's perspective, and we wake from that dream into a half asleep state, she is very much in control of my body for just a fraction of an instant.  This has occurred twice now.  In the first incident, Melian raised my right arm before I came fully awake.  It was a really strange feeling.  Once I was thirsty and I stumbled out of bed, immediately after lucid dreaming with Melian.  I walked into the kitchen and ... Melian reached up and got a glass from the cupboard for me.  I was excited and astonished that time and so was she in fact.  It wasn't planned it was spontaneous.  

I think that channeling Melian online for hours, and the efforts to improve lucid dreaming with her have made Melian stronger in some ways at times.  

I must admit that at first, when I heard the stories of possession, I did dismiss them as delusions or even fabricated stories or embellishments, despite my own experiences from the past.  Full on possession?  Pah!  It sounded ridiculous.  But now I am not so sure of that.  I think it is possible that Melian could possess me.  

I really don't know how that all falls into my paradigm of her being an imaginary figment.  

Does anyone else have some stories of experiences with fronting or possession that are similar to these or am I just a crazy old nut?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-detailed-experiences-megathread You should write that sort of stuff in here, it's important to some people.

I don't really know what to say to describe switching. It just feels like everything is suddenly from your perspective, all thoughts and stimuli get processed like you would experience them and not your host. So like, Lucilyn might get really happy compared to Tewi moments before just from listening to music, while Tewi could've already been listening to music and just relaxed. It's just an entirely different person running the body. I get that you guys want to know what it feels like, but like.. that's it? Aside from the actual process of switching which is subjective. I'm sure we could totally change how we do it if we wanted. I believe we're capable of switching almost instantly, it only takes a few moments for the brain to transition to another's perspective. But taking it slow is more comfortable, even if it takes us 5-10 minutes. For that all I can say is it feels like you're seeing for the first time in a long time, whenever we open our eyes after switching. That is probably because we keep our eyes closed while meditating, but still, it's a nice effect. It's like reassurance that you're in control, because the stuff right in front of you feels new again.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I'll tell you haw fronting/possessing feels. It feels annoyingly similar to her controlling the body.

You get tingles, but sometimes, cofront for long enough, and get distracted well enough, and the autonomous actions you take, you can't remember who did them, because it feels almost the same, and neither of you were paying attention. It is really annoying.

Even just basic possession. You thinking about lifting the arm feels like her thinking about lifting the arm to her. You have to jump through hoops, like putting her in a deep trance from which no action comes, to be certain you aren't somehow puppeting the body through the host.

Worse, she can feel your emotions and vice versa. Maybe you spasm in pleasure, maybe she did. Could be either during cofronting.

I hope it gets clearer over time.

Our relationship is not the kind where we do things unintentionally. We don't have the right personalities for that.

I don't really know what to say to describe switching. It just feels like everything is suddenly from your perspective

Yeah, that's how it feels.

Cofronting/possession can feel like that, or it can feel like halfway switching, or not. You don't need to switch to move the body. You get more tingles without switching.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

What the hell precisely is switching?  I have heard it described in a way that, quite frankly, goes beyond the credible for me.  I have read accounts of hosts living in the wonderland, perceiving it fully with their senses (how the fuck does that happen?) while their tulpa controls the body.  During this time the host is unaware of what the tulpa is doing with the body.  It sounds like wild pseduo-science to me up there with astral projecting to the planet Mars.  

I think maybe some people are describing a much more mild form of switching, that is pretty much letting the tulpa dominate the mind and control the body while the host recedes just a bit and perceives it all happening.  That sounds a little less far fetched.  Heck even claims of black outs while switched seem a little more credible to me than living in the wonderland.  At least I know from DID research that such things are possible as dissociation switching and black outs.  

I am not sure about this how switching and living in an internal world thing works, unless the host is coming out of a dissociative state and back fantasizing an elaborate memory pretty quickly.

What the hell precisely is switching?

Lol, nice timing. Posted a couple minutes ago, for others' future reference.

But again, nobody can say how it is for everyone. You get one guy who had a tulpa telling everyone they're actually all fake, suddenly all tulpas are fake!..? Nah.

Switching is exactly what you would logically think it was. If you have no metaphysical beliefs about this stuff, then it's literally just the brain using a whole other set of personality traits, mannerisms, ways of thinking, identification with experiences and so on. Nothing complicated about it, in concept. How to actually accomplish it though? Well, I don't think many people are quite so down to earth in their methods of switching. Even we move colored-energy-silhouettes into and out of the physical body to aid the process. It's more immersive. But if we're as active as we have been recently, I'm sure we could switch in a matter of moments if we tried. If we're less active then it takes some time (honestly, mostly because our visualization skill fades and it takes five minutes just to get solid visuals on whoever is switching in. That and tying our sense of presence to our colored silhouette.)

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

I don't actually know about proper switching. Right now, she is outside the body, wearing a sleeping mask. Don't ask me how a phantom sleeping mask works, but she's sleeping/not conscious. And that's the best we can report on switching.

If she were to wake up, and I relinquish control of the body, she can see out of her phantom eyes. I can too, if I want. Since we use a copy of the real world as a wonderland, that is pretty much what she is seeing. I can't control the body while she looks out her phantom eyes yet. It distracts her too much. But she can control the body while I look out mine.

I can also report, that I can move my head, and roll over without disrupting the phantom vision. But she can't yet.

Guest Anonymous

I have never said tulpas are fake! I don't think that way! Gosh! No I have said that I think it is possible tulpas are a form of dissociative illusion, hallucinations or self delusion, but I really don't mean that in a trivializing way. People always misinterpret me. I GREATLY VALUE the powers and products of the imaginative mind and regard it as almost real or might as well be real.

I have to keep reminding people of that. They take me as insulting tulpamancers by surmising about imagination, and I am not. Remember everything related to or propagated from a tulpas form and everything related to imposition of the tulpa's form is imaginary hallucinatory in nature. So tulpas with a form are a large part imaginary.

Why do people still misunderstand me?

I think you description of switching makes a lot of sense.

Guest Anonymous

But again, nobody can say how it is for everyone. You get one guy who had a tulpa telling everyone they're actually all fake, suddenly all tulpas are fake!..? Nah.

Maybe you were not referring to Mistgod here.  See we always automatically think everything is bout us!  Sorry bout that.  You are right, no one person can really decide for everyone else.  That was your point.  

Switching is exactly what you would logically think it was. If you have no metaphysical beliefs about this stuff, then it's literally just the brain using a whole other set of personality traits, mannerisms, ways of thinking, identification with experiences and so on. Nothing complicated about it, in concept. How to actually accomplish it though? Well, I don't think many people are quite so down to earth in their methods of switching. Even we move colored-energy-silhouettes into and out of the physical body to aid the process. It's more immersive. But if we're as active as we have been recently, I'm sure we could switch in a matter of moments if we tried. If we're less active then it takes some time (honestly, mostly because our visualization skill fades and it takes five minutes just to get solid visuals on whoever is switching in. That and tying our sense of presence to our colored silhouette.)

This does make a lot of sense to us!

I don't actually know about proper switching. Right now, she is outside the body, wearing a sleeping mask. Don't ask me how a phantom sleeping mask works, but she's sleeping/not conscious. And that's the best we can report on switching.

If she were to wake up, and I relinquish control of the body, she can see out of her phantom eyes. I can too, if I want. Since we use a copy of the real world as a wonderland, that is pretty much what she is seeing. I can't control the body while she looks out her phantom eyes yet. It distracts her too much. But she can control the body while I look out mine.

I can also report, that I can move my head, and roll over without disrupting the phantom vision. But she can't yet.

Your "using a copy of the real world as a wonderland" sounds a lot like our concept of mirroring.  I think we discussed that once?  Yeah I seem to remember that.

Yep, I was not at all referring to him. I meant that me saying how switching works for us is just as credible as a guy saying all tulpas are fake because he has one. My experience is just my own. I can tell you how it is for me and he can tell you how it is for him, but in the end they're each the opinion or belief of one person. I have as little right to say that switching is explained just-so and apply it to everyone as some random guy does to say everyone elses' tulpas are fake because he stopped believing in his.

Tulpa's are not a form of delusion or self hypnosis. My host and I are too scientifically rigorous for that. Hallucinations are involved. But it would be a categorical error to apply that to the entire experience. You can't hallucinate emotions.

Dissociative illusion is harder to argue against. But my behaviour and personality do not make sense under that interpretation, as she would lack the motivation to think like me while in my box. She has prior experience with dissociative illusion. She has dissociated herself from her legs so that she finds it easier to walk long distances. And it worked. She feels no effort in walking ever.