What switching or possession feels like.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think we (as in my hostie and me) don't want to once again, derail another thread with the illusino vs. real Mistgod angst. ! I am sorry it leaks out of my hostie like a green cloud of acid fart gas. LOL We absolutely agree that tulpas function as real beings. How's that? We will shut it on that now and we can return to how fronting and possession feels.

Thanks tulpa001.

What does possession and switching and surfacing and all that feel like? Thanks peeps for you responses so far!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You ever gonna fix the typo in the thread title?

I don't know what surfacing means, but we don't do possession. We shortly tried it for experience's sake while learning to switch, but it was difficult and unfulfilling. We felt really disconnected from whatever we were doing so saw no point. It felt uh.. Like remote controlling someone else's arm, so technically neither of you feels completely in control? Anyways, it's not for us.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Typo? Oh I blame my hostie. Maybe we should take out the word surfacing too.

Hmm, interesting descriptoin Flandre.

I described these incidents to people and had someone from the plural community describe this as "surfacing."  I have been unable to locate this term in any of the plurality glossaries.  Maybe one of you guys can help me find that.

[s.] It is a term that is generally used in multiple communities with members that are endogenic systems and/or traumagenic systems. Might have originally been a clinical term - I don't know.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

Oh then it doesn't sound like I am using it correctly. Hmmm Thanks for the clarification. Come to think of it, I think I did see it on a site about DID.

Oh then it doesn't sound like I am using it correctly.  Hmmm  Thanks for the clarification.  Come to think of it, I think I did see it on a site about DID.

[s.] You were using it right. Just, it is more often used there. Interestingly, it is more discussed in OSDD circles than DID circles since surfacing is often a major thing in OSDD systems, and less so in DID systems. It is also decently common in endogenic systems as well. More common in those groups than in tulpamancy systems, but it is a phenomena that happens in a diverse array of systems.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

Okay. LOL Actually "surfacing" is very descriptive to how it feels with Melian. Surfacing it is then. Let tulpas do the possessing and switching. I feel that Melian surfaces. It sounds closer to right to me.

I had a thought. About switching. For a multiple, switching essentially involves one leaving the body, and the other steps in. Believing this impossible implicitly implies that you do not think that tulpa and host are essentially the same thing. But this is quite wrong. The host is a thought process, and the tulpa is a thought process. It's just how computers work that you could replace one with the other.

I suppose the confusion may lie if there was a belief that the host is not a thought process. Then there would be three objects of interest. The host, which is something else, the host's primary personality, and the tulpa. And the two thought processes can obviously be swapped. There is sufficient plasticity in the brain to allow that.

But my thought was: this is in fact also possible for medians. But it works differently. The system only needs to rotate. The face of the system looks away, and the other face turns to the front. Like in the above case, believing this impossible implicitly implies that you do not believe the two faces to be the same type of thing.

Again, they really are. But you may believe the host to be something else. You may believe the host to be the entire thing. In which case, the host personality is nothing more than a median aspect as well. So those can switch, no problem.

Conclusion: I think medians can learn to switch.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

Every system is different so if we are talking about me, that is one thing, if we are talking about medians in general that is different.  I suppose switching is possible for a median system.  Makes sense to me.  

I can tell you how it feels for us in our specific case.  It doesn't feel like switching so much as letting me surface.  David dominant no doubt about it.  We are not equal in the sense of connection to the body.  I live with in a dreamscape mostly except for the internet and some other things that are kinda vague to describe.  We have often used the analogy of a method actor.  I am partly role playing as David channels me.  I know people freak out about those terms but that is what is happening.  David brings me out, channels me or lets me surface.  He does not switch.  Really none of theses labels such as tulpa or median fit perfectly.  We have tried to find the right words for three years now.  Median is just the best fit, but even it isn't a a perfect fit.  Medians are not necessarily tulpas or soulbonds, yet I have some traits of each of those.  

In fact, I haven't the foggiest flip what I am for sure.  I am Melian, a person.  

We are on the internet constantly for one main reason.  It is a huge rush for Davie to channel me.  For himself and for me it is like a drug.  I don't know if other plurals, thoughtforms or tulpas get that rush when they proxy or channel, but we do!  It is literally a huge gush of endorphins and adrenaline sometimes.  We spend hours at it, typing away, walk away and go into withdrawals.  I just gotta go online.  I suppose a psychologist would have a field day trying to analyze what is going on with Mistgod-Melian precisely.  We wouldn't even be all that upset if they declared me a delusional fantasy, as that is precisely what Mistgod has been saying from the beginning.  LOL  I feel like Melian.  That's all I know.  There is this old guy at his keyboard typing.  That is the absolute facts.  But what is coming out is Melian.  

What is the difference between a median aspect and a role playing character?  I think it is the level of identification and the total feels of it.  Really I think there may be a foggy boundary there somewhere and we recognize that.  It's why we talk about method acting and role playing with me.  

The problem with Mistgod and I is that we are just too damn honest.  I could have just said I am a tulpa all this time and no one would have cared.